Help! Need ice cream song (OT)

Old April 28th 04, 03:47 PM
badwilson

Default Help! Need ice cream song (OT)

I really need a MIDI of that ice cream truck song. You know the one that
you can never get out of your head once you hear it?
dum dee dum
dum dee dum
dum dum dee dum-dum dum-dum
Anyone know where I could download that? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old April 28th 04, 07:31 PM
Hopitus2

Believe me when I tell you that daily, we have about 10 ice-cream trucks
driving through our residential block here in south FL, the land of heat and
humidity. They ALL have a different "song" blasting out of their vehicles.
We need more clues than your "dum dee dums", LOL.

"badwilson" wrote in message
: I really need a MIDI of that ice cream truck song. You know the one that
: you can never get out of your head once you hear it?
: dum dee dum
: dum dee dum
: dum dum dee dum-dum dum-dum
: Anyone know where I could download that? Any help would be greatly
: appreciated.
: --
: Britta
: Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's
covered
: in fur!
: Check out pictures of Vino at:
: http://photos.yahoo.com/badwilson click on the Vino album
:
:
:
:
:

Old April 28th 04, 09:30 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:31:56 GMT, "Hopitus2"
yodeled:

Believe me when I tell you that daily, we have about 10 ice-cream trucks
driving through our residential block here in south FL, the land of heat and
humidity. They ALL have a different "song" blasting out of their vehicles.
We need more clues than your "dum dee dums", LOL.

Is it anything like this one:

"Deedly deedly dee-dee-dee
Dee- de dee- de dum dum,
Deedly deedly dee-dee-dee
Dee- de dee- de dum dum,
Deedly deedly dum dum dum dum!"

Been hearing that all my life.

I could probably notate it musically, but I couldn't get it into the
newsreader.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old April 28th 04, 10:28 PM
Mishi

Is it anything like this one:

"Deedly deedly dee-dee-dee
Dee- de dee- de dum dum,
Deedly deedly dee-dee-dee
Dee- de dee- de dum dum,
Deedly deedly dum dum dum dum!"

Been hearing that all my life.

I could probably notate it musically, but I couldn't get it into the
newsreader.

Theresa

Hi Theresa,

That particular song is "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin. My hubby says
that they also used to use "Pop goes the Weasel". The only song that came
to mind on the first one (dum dee dum, dum dee dum) was.. whenever you see a
hearse go by... (Sorry!)

Patti

Old April 28th 04, 10:34 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:28:30 GMT, "Mishi"
yodeled:

Is it anything like this one:

"Deedly deedly dee-dee-dee
Dee- de dee- de dum dum,
Deedly deedly dee-dee-dee
Dee- de dee- de dum dum,
Deedly deedly dum dum dum dum!"

Been hearing that all my life.

I could probably notate it musically, but I couldn't get it into the
newsreader.

Theresa

Hi Theresa,

That particular song is "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin.

No, I'm sorry to contradict you, but it's not. You must have misread
my "deedly dums."

I'm a musician, and very well-acquainted with that and other Joplin
rags.
The ice cream truck tune is a very distinct tune, played by ice cream
trucks in my town ("Mister Softee"!) since I was a litle kid, and I've
never heard it anyplace else-- except--
The tune was heard being played by a rather menacing Mister Softee
truck in the movie, "After Hours."

Old April 28th 04, 10:43 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:34:23 -0400, Kreisleriana
yodeled:

[...]

PS, the www.mistersoftee.com site plays the first phrase of the tune.
They reproduced the sheet music he
http://www.mistersoftee.com/music.asp

The music does get stuck in your head, but those words are really
hideous.