Chibi sighting???!!!

Old July 12th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Default Chibi sighting???!!!

Chibi, my disappeared cat (as of Feb.), may have been seen by my
cousin's husband!

Chibi was my cousin's family's cat for three years; she was just a
bitty stray when she showed up with her (nursing) mother in their
yard. Their son finally got Chibi to come in. Anyway, they went back
to the States for a year and I took Chibi. Then, when they moved back
here, they couldn't find a place that took pets. So I kept Chibi.

Well, a couple of days ago the husband was walking to the grocery near
the train station, bus and taxi turnaround (center of town in Japanese
thinking; lots of shops) and saw a cat that looked just like Chibi,
except she was quite skinny. He called, "Chibi!" and the cat turned
around! Then she startled and ran away (but she used to do that with
him anyway unless he had crabsticks to feed her!) Anyway, their old
house (where Chibi had lived) is very close to there, but about two
miles from my house. I had no idea she would have traveled that far,
but it makes sense; the day she disappeared there was a big rain/wind
storm, and I can see how she might have run in somewhere for shelter,
got disoriented, and couldn't smell her way home, so went back to her
origins. Or, she could have taken shelter in someone's car and that
someone lived down there. We're going to start a new poster campaign
in that area now.

The more we think about this, the more sense it makes-- she came back
to her old home because she couldn't find her new one, the people in
the old home weren't the right ones, and since she is scared of people
in general, has been fending for herself in the area where there are
shops (thus, maybe, things to eat.) I went for a long walk in that
area today and there are plenty of bicycle parking racks and two
weeded areas, not to mention some small gardens and narrow alleyways
where a cat could easily hide. (And she was always good at hiding.)

Wow...

please rev up those purrs again!!!

Cantate

Old July 12th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Cantate wrote:
[...]

I hope it is her and that she's caught! Wow, it's been practically
half a year.

Old July 12th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cantate wrote:

Chibi, my disappeared cat (as of Feb.), may have been seen by my
cousin's husband!

[snip]

Ooooh, I hope so, I hope, I hope!!! That would be such wonderful news.

Purrs from all 3 of my gang, but especially from Smudge, who knows how
it feels to be lost.

Joyce
Old July 12th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs being revved up!

--
Joy

Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary,
how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how
to combine them.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne

ups.com...

Old July 12th 07, 09:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Cantate wrote:

please rev up those purrs again!!!

Purrs motors switching to overdrive!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 12th 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 12 Jul., 08:03, Cantate wrote:
[...]

I hope that you get her back soon.
Purrs are coming. All the best.

Bettina

Old July 12th 07, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, poor Chibi. I hope it is her and that you get her
back.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

ups.com...

Old July 12th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Cantate wrote:
Chibi, my disappeared cat (as of Feb.), may have been seen by my
cousin's husband!

snip
please rev up those purrs again!!!

Cantate

More purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 12th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:03:17 -0700, Cantate
yodeled:

[...]

Recovery purrs on the way.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 12th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jul 12, 2:03 am, Cantate wrote:
[...]

Guiding purrs on the way for you to find Chibi and for Chibi to
remember you when you do find her and not run away.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Rev up purrs for poor CHIBI-cat Pat Cat anecdotes 10 May 23rd 07 08:16 PM
Chibi not home but Romeo is victorious Cantate Cat anecdotes 3 March 11th 07 07:48 PM
Homecoming purrs for Chibi Cantate Cat anecdotes 16 February 24th 07 10:23 PM
Odessa sighting! Singh Cat anecdotes 33 October 22nd 04 06:31 PM
Shirk Sighting - British Columbia KLC Cat anecdotes 79 July 2nd 04 02:59 AM