Cats and a candlelight dinner

Old December 11th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default Cats and a candlelight dinner

My MIL took the kids so that Fred and I could have dinner and go to a
concert last night. Yeah!

I visited the cheese monger and got some gourmet cheese, crackers, and a
sour cherry lemon compote that was spectacular with the goat cheese. Yum.
We had other nibblies and Fred enjoyed a nice glass of wine (I miss my
wine). Both boys were intrigued by the set up but completely repelled by
the candles. Both lept onto the table, bent over to sniff, got a whiff of
hot air and retreated from the tabletop. For quite some time, Fred and I
sat accross from each other and had Otis stationed at one end of the table
and Chester on the other. They were sitting on the chairs, with their heads
coming up just above the tabletop looking like invited guests! We didn't
really need chaperones (too late for that) but their company was enjoyed in
any event :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old December 11th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:
[...]

LOL! I can imagine that (just transpose the heads from the picture you
posted to a dinner table).

Old December 11th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Susan M wrote:
[...]

Ha! That sounds so cute, sitting proper in their chairs. Glad you had a
nice evening. What concert did you attend?

Sherry

Old December 11th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Susan M wrote:
I visited the cheese monger and got some gourmet cheese, crackers, and a
sour cherry lemon compote that was spectacular with the goat cheese. Yum.

Sounds delicious. Here in Central Texas, a local company produces a
raspberry chipotle preserve that goes great with cheese.

We had other nibblies and Fred enjoyed a nice glass of wine (I miss my
wine). Both boys were intrigued by the set up but completely repelled by

Aren't you allowed to have a 2oz serving of wine? My friend Sherry
(she's 7 months pregnant now) said her doctor allows for a tiny bit of
wine. Not sure if it's only during a certain part of the pregnancy or
throughout.

Awww.... such good boys!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 12th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message
LOL! I can imagine that (just transpose the heads from the picture you
posted to a dinner table).

Good imagery! That's exactly what it looked like :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old December 12th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ha! That sounds so cute, sitting proper in their chairs. Glad you had a
nice evening. What concert did you attend?

It was a solo series concert that featured the principal trombonist of the
Calgary Philharmonic and some pieces with trombone quartet. It's amazing
when you look at the training of these guys - Julliard, Eastman, McGill, and
variety of graduate studies as well. It's so hard to make a living and such
a demanding job after all that time and energy. I don't regret leaving
music in that sense at all. He did a great job and the quartet was
particularly good. Years ago, I went to music school with one of them and
dated him for a while too. It's such a close-knit group - musicians. No
matter who it is in the field that you run into there is no doubt that they
will know at least 10 people that you do in Canada!

He talked about how the trombone has all kinds of ancient repertoire written
for it (sagbutt, or sackbutt, depending on who you talk to) because it was
the first brass instrument that was able to play chromatics due to its
slide. My instrument, the french horn, didn't get valves and easy
chromatics until the late 1800's and they didn't catch on really until the
1900's. Watching them flail around with their slides on the weekend made me
think that valves were worth waiting for :-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old December 12th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Susan M wrote:

Sounds delicious. Here in Central Texas, a local company produces a
raspberry chipotle preserve that goes great with cheese.

That sounds amazing!

We had other nibblies and Fred enjoyed a nice glass of wine (I miss my
wine). Both boys were intrigued by the set up but completely repelled by

Aren't you allowed to have a 2oz serving of wine? My friend Sherry (she's
7 months pregnant now) said her doctor allows for a tiny bit of wine. Not
sure if it's only during a certain part of the pregnancy or throughout.

Well, officially, north american docs generally say that there is no safe
amount. In most places in Europe, its my understanding that that isn't the
case. Spain and France, I know, allow a half glass here and there on a full
stomach and after the first trimester. I don't know if North American docs
don't trust us pregnant women or what. I have had a few sips and *tiny*
bits of wine on three separate occasions. I'm just one of those people who
is better to completely abstain rather than have a little bit anyway. I
like my wine too much ;-)

Awww.... such good boys!!!

For an hour or so anyway :-) We could have used some chaperoning about 7
months or so ago though ;-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old December 14th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Susan M wrote:

[...]

What a great anecdote! Thanks.
Best wishes,