POSSIBLE SAM SIGHTING!

Old November 14th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default RNo news yet: POSSIBLE SAM SIGHTING!

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I get back into the area tomorrow afternoon. I'll be stopping where he
was seen before I even head back to the office, then again as sunset
approaches.

We'll keep purring.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 14th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 20:07:43 -0600, Daniel Mahoney
wrote:

Nancy spent quite a while walking the area looking and calling for Sammy
but didn't see anything. I'm not overly upset by this - Sammy has been
away for a week and a half, and he's going to be skittish and spooked
and isn't going to come right away.

I get back into the area tomorrow afternoon. I'll be stopping where he
was seen before I even head back to the office, then again as sunset
approaches.

More purrs on the way for Sammy to be found!

It is good to get a report like this: somebody has seen your fliers, and
is obviously looking for Sammy. There still are many good people in the
world; there just seems to an increasing shortage of them

Today in a small store near my house I saw a 'Lost Cat' poster for a
long hair tuxedo cat named 'Tennessee Tuxedo'. Beautiful cat, from the
picture, and lost less than 6 block away.

I'll be looking for this cat, whenever I'm outside. Especially when I'm
driving in the area where he was lost.

I hope both lost cats are found soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

The flier made me think of Sammy, though
Old November 14th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
Nancy spent quite a while walking the area looking and calling for Sammy
but didn't see anything. I'm not overly upset by this - Sammy has been
away for a week and a half, and he's going to be skittish and spooked
and isn't going to come right away.

I get back into the area tomorrow afternoon. I'll be stopping where he
was seen before I even head back to the office, then again as sunset
approaches.

Oh, I do so hope that it is him, Dan. I know how desperate I was when KFC
was missing for a while and how I just burst into tears with relief when my
neighbours brought her outside to me in their arms.
How far is 12 blocks in yards/miles? Is it feasible that he could have gone
so far? Why would he? You said you didn't think he would go as far as 5
blocks to the woods where the coyotes might be. I hope it's not a false
hope for you, Dan.
I suppose there is always the possibility that a neighbour has got him and
decided to keep him. Despite my posters on the lamp posts, it was a tip off
from another neighbour that led me to where Kitty Farmcat was and I knocked
on the door. "I understand you have my cat"
"Oh, we were going to keep her, she's so nice" They handed her over with
no problems. I doubt they would have wanted her vet bills ;-)
Still purring and praying for Sammy's safe return very soon.

Tweed

Old November 14th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

In this area, twelve blocks would be about a mile and a half.

Years ago when I rescued Oliver he was that far from home and had
crossed a couple of very busy streets. It was winter. When I saw him
at my unit I put out food and water and a covered box which he slept in
one night. I phoned a few rescue groups to see if he had been reported
"lost". I got a call back from a lady who gave the right description.
The next morning, I got up early and followed foot prints in the snow.
In the northeast cul de sac I found lots of kitty footprints. I called
the name a few times and he came over a fence . He knew his name but
was wary of me but let me pick him up -- about a 20 pound cat. His
family came that evening -- it was a happy reunion. I hope the same
happens to Sammy.

Old November 16th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default POSSIBLE SAM SIGHTING!

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Sorry for shouting, but I'm excited!

I'm on the other side of the state from home, and can't heave here until
about noon tomorrow. As soon as I get set up in the Unidome I get a call
on my cell phone - "Are you the guy who is missing a cat?"

A guy living about 12 blocks away reports seeing a cat that sounds like
Sammy hanging around his house and the house across the street for about
the last week. I got his address and phone number. Nancy is going to run
over and see if she can catch sight of him and try to talk him in to
approaching. We're not sure yet that it is Sam, but man oh man do I hope
it is!

It's driving me crazy that I can't return home now, but I'd be fired for
sure if I did. Will keep you all posted as I learn more.

Dan

Gentle, quiet purrs (until he is definitely in arms and at home)
continuing for Sammy.

Ginger-lyn
Old November 16th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Gentle, quiet purrs (until he is definitely in arms and at home)
continuing for Sammy.

Ginger-lyn

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Still no sign. I got another call reporting Sam at the south end of the
bog park in town. It turned out to be another orange cat. I've started
leaving food for him, hoping he'll eventually let me get close enough to
see if he has a collar.

Still walking the area calling for Sammy, and leaving flyers around.
Old November 16th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Gentle, quiet purrs (until he is definitely in arms and at home)
continuing for Sammy.

Ginger-lyn

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Still no sign. I got another call reporting Sam at the south end of the
bog park in town. It turned out to be another orange cat. I've started
leaving food for him, hoping he'll eventually let me get close enough to
see if he has a collar.

Still walking the area calling for Sammy, and leaving flyers around.

Weez stil purrrrring for a saf return. TuTu
Old November 16th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Still walking the area calling for Sammy, and leaving flyers around.

We're sending all the purrs we can muster.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 17th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Purrs still coming from us - thinking of you.
Christine
"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
Gentle, quiet purrs (until he is definitely in arms and at home)
continuing for Sammy.

Ginger-lyn

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Still no sign. I got another call reporting Sam at the south end of the
bog park in town. It turned out to be another orange cat. I've started
leaving food for him, hoping he'll eventually let me get close enough to
see if he has a collar.

Still walking the area calling for Sammy, and leaving flyers around.

Bobcat Sighting jillian123 Cat anecdotes 7 September 19th 08 03:17 AM
Chibi sighting???!!! Cantate Cat anecdotes 25 July 20th 07 03:18 PM
Pale Male (Hawk) Sighting jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 December 18th 04 02:54 AM
Odessa sighting! Singh Cat anecdotes 33 October 22nd 04 06:31 PM
Shirk Sighting - British Columbia KLC Cat anecdotes 79 July 2nd 04 02:59 AM