The S is back

Old July 26th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Default The S is back

Okay we're following our instinct for the moment so

1. We can't compare this to when we had Dunzi and Sarsi who were out
and about exploring within 4 hours of arrival- it's a different
situation she's alone and there's another cat in the house to deal
with
2. ANY kitten that can escape me and take 30 minutes to catch
yesterday is probably not dying or dead
3 If she is dead behind the sofa then pulling everything out won't
change that however if she's just hiding because she's shy then
pulling everything out will traumatise her
4 If she was dead we think Sarsi would react differently
5 As CatNipped said we have to remember how long kittens sleep for
6 When we were asleep last night she did eat and use her box and I
think drink some water she has wet food down so she gets moisture from
that
7. There is a bowl of turkey Whiskas for Kittens in the carrier which
is near to the sofa so if she is hungry she can just come out for a
snack if she's not hungry then I'll put fresh down tonight and if she
wants a midnight snack fine by us

Dave says he just heard a meep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've worked out she;s under the sofa!

Now this is weird......we think she's in Dunzi's nest I think I
mentioned it before but Dunzi used to sleep under the sofa a lot and
from time to time she'd grab an envelope or something and pull it
under there and we'd hear rustling and say "Dunzi's doing DIY"

When we got Dunzi and Sarsi the first night they slept in the
"Catcave" (the space behind one armchair and the sofa- it's not there
since we moved the chair but behind/under the sofa is always popular)
and Dave couldn't believe it because that's where Isis dropped off
for her Tuesday afternoon nap on the 29th of April 2003 and simply is
still asleep. He'd been worried that Isis might have suffered even
through he was sitting less than 2 feet away and the fact our new
kittens chose her last resting place to sleep on their first night
reassured him enormously....

Bonnie may for all we know right now be looking round and muttering
"Who the f**k decorated this place? Half chewed junk mail is SO last
year! Ripped up loo roll- I guess I would like to keep some original
features possibly! But where is Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen when I need
him?!!"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 26th 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/26/2011 11:15 AM, Lesley wrote:
[...]

LOL! Don't worry, it can take *days* for a kitten to feel comfortable
enough to come out for a visit. She will eventually, she'll just do it
in her own time (she is the master, BTW). ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 26th 11, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sure you're right and she's okay. Even a full-grown cat can become
invisible for a very long time. Shortly after I got Skeeter (RB), who was a
couple years old, she disappeared. Since she wasn't an only cat, I wasn't
sure about the consumption of food, etc. After a day or two, I realized
she'd found a hiding place in a closet. The sliding door of the closet was
closed, but it hangs free, and she had just pushed the door inward until she
could get outside. She could get out by pushing the other door outward.

A change of domicile is always traumatic, and some cats adjust sooner than
others. I noticed you've named her now. I like the name Bonnie.

Joy

Old July 26th 11, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Jul 26, 10:47*am, "Joy" wrote:
*I like the name Bonnie.

Short for Bonamassa - a few more meeps have been heard by Dave-
I've heard her moving around she's under the sofa and is 1. Shy or 2.
Perpetuating the biggest BCT ever!

Old July 26th 11, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 10:47 am, "Joy" wrote:
I like the name Bonnie.

Short for Bonamassa - a few more meeps have been heard by Dave-
I've heard her moving around she's under the sofa and is 1. Shy or 2.
Perpetuating the biggest BCT ever!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

***

Bonamassa is unusual. What is its origin?

Joy

Old July 26th 11, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

I've heard her moving around she's under the sofa and is 1. Shy or 2.
Perpetuating the biggest BCT ever!

She's managed to pull some impressive BCTs on you in a very short time.
I think you're in for a rollercoaster ride with this one.

Joyce

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.
Old July 26th 11, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Jul 26, 11:23*am, "Joy" wrote:

Bonamassa is unusual. *What is its origin?

google jon bonamassa- we saw him Sunday with his band at HVF, last
year he did a solo set on Sunday and the audience couldn't believe it
same as this year we decided on it because we're fans and it shortens
nicely to Bonnie
YAY! We were in the bedroom running through our weekend photos and
she came out from under the sofa, ate then went back under the sofa
when she saw us- Sarsi watched her eat but gave her no problem....she
was supervising her! She's been a great cat all along! Although I
swear I heard the words "Do the BCT" utttered

Lesley

who thinks she may just once again be

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 26th 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/26/2011 1:09 PM, Lesley wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:47 am, wrote:
I like the name Bonnie.

Short for Bonamassa - a few more meeps have been heard by Dave-
I've heard her moving around she's under the sofa and is 1. Shy or 2.
Perpetuating the biggest BCT ever!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'd place my money on both!!! ;

Old July 26th 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/26/2011 2:31 PM, Lesley wrote:
On Jul 26, 11:23 am, wrote:

Bonamassa is unusual. What is its origin?

google jon bonamassa- we saw him Sunday with his band at HVF, last
year he did a solo set on Sunday and the audience couldn't believe it
same as this year we decided on it because we're fans and it shortens
nicely to Bonnie
YAY! We were in the bedroom running through our weekend photos and
she came out from under the sofa, ate then went back under the sofa
when she saw us- Sarsi watched her eat but gave her no problem....she
was supervising her! She's been a great cat all along! Although I
swear I heard the words "Do the BCT" utttered

Lesley

who thinks she may just once again be

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

ROTFLMAO! I'm sure they'll become fast friends and will hardly be
parted from now on. I wouldn't be surprised if Sarsi "adopts" her and
takes her under her wing, so to speak - who after all to better teach
BCTs! ;