OT - Adele?

Old July 26th 11, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Adele?

Didn't someone, Joyce maybe, mention just hearing about "Adele"? I saw
her on Graham Norton the other night and she sang this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwlNttH1SLI

I've never heard of her before, but the song sounded familiar so I went
to YouTube and looked it up. After hearing it a few times and really
listening to the lyrics, I'm loving it/her more and more.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 27th 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/26/2011 2:38 PM, CatNipped wrote:
Didn't someone, Joyce maybe, mention just hearing about "Adele"? I saw
her on Graham Norton the other night and she sang this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwlNttH1SLI

I've never heard of her before, but the song sounded familiar so I went
to YouTube and looked it up. After hearing it a few times and really
listening to the lyrics, I'm loving it/her more and more.

Ah ha! That's where I've been hearing the song (I don't listen to a
radio)... it's the song they play when they're advertising the new
season of "Rescue Me"

Old July 27th 11, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/27/2011 11:45 AM, hopitus wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:40 pm, CatNipped wrote:
On 7/26/2011 2:38 PM, CatNipped wrote:
Didn't someone, Joyce maybe, mention just hearing about "Adele"? I saw
her on Graham Norton the other night and she sang this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwlNttH1SLI
I've never heard of her before, but the song sounded familiar so I went
to YouTube and looked it up. After hearing it a few times and really
listening to the lyrics, I'm loving it/her more and more.

Ah ha! That's where I've been hearing the song (I don't listen to a
radio)... it's the song they play when they're advertising the new
season of "Rescue Me"
CatNipped

After dutiful sampling of this example plus the aforementioned ditty
about "Rolling", turns out not unexpectedly I am to Miss A as the two
respondants
to my over-the-top-moment-proclamation here to lockout settlement are
to football. Did anyone read all comments below the two vids on
YouTube?
They range from LMAO (one extreme) to sudden,instant love (other
extreme). I made no comment there.

No, I don't usually read YouTube comments (or news article comments),
I'm too easily distracted.

As to football, I'm glad they settled and I'm happy with the outcome -
the "stars" were getting *way* too much and taking up too much of a
team's budget. The guys that are not in the top ten percent work just
as hard... and while I'm all for rewarding good work, there was just too
much distance between those making $30 million and the others making
$200,000. A more equitable pay scale is to everyone's benefit IMHO.

Old July 27th 11, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

[...]

Is this the song that goes "We could have had it allllll"? I don't remember
the exact title. I hear that song on the radio almost every day, and I spend
very little time listening to the radio. Just maybe 15-20 minutes first thing
in the morning, in an attempt to jolt my brain enough that it can support
me in a vertical position.

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it. -- J.D. Berry, Springfield
Old July 29th 11, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

On Jul 27, 1:43*pm, wrote:

Is this the song that goes "We could have had it allllll"? I don't
remember the exact title. I hear that song on the radio almost every day,
and I spend very little time listening to the radio. Just maybe 15-20
minutes first thing in the morning, in an attempt to jolt my brain enough
that it can support me in a vertical position.

Totally relate to brain-jolting in am; that dirge music don't do it,
no way. I require
Beastie Boys or Foo Fighters.

"Dirge music", LOL. I guess everything's relative.

I usually wake up to NPR news. If it's really depressing, though, I'll
move the dial along the frequency spectrum, looking for something good to
listen to. All they're talking about on the news these days is the idiots
in Congress who can't put the needs of the country, not to mention possibly
the world's economy, above their own petty partisan dogma. The Norway
stories sound downright cheery in comparison.

For me, good wake-up music doesn't depend on how loud, soft, fast or slow
it is, only on how much I like the song. And I like a big variety of musical
styles, so odds are I'll hear something that puts me in a good enough mood
to consider sitting up. The Bay Area provides quite a selection. Besides the
pop and rock stations, and public radio, there are 7 or 8 Spanish language
stations. But most of them play Mexican ballads - not my favorite. I'm more
of a salsa fan. I even listen to the Chinese stations sometimes. I don't
understand a word of it, but sometimes I like the music.

The only downside to listening to music in the morning is that it causes
the furry lifeforms to vacate the room. No purry cuddles from Roxy when
"98.1 - The Bay Area's Old School" (70s/80s era funk, soul & disco) is
blasting in the room.

Joyce

--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.