OT - Good Medical News

Old July 27th 11, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Good Medical News

I went to my PCP today and h e gave me my blood test results. First, I
weighed !!) on his scale (OK, I didn't take my heavy shoes off)! But
better than that, medically, I'm almost where I need to me, as follows:

Test Type Jan. 3 Jul. 18 Normal Value

T-Protein 3.3 g/dl 6.0 g/dl 6.1-7.9 g/dl
Albumin 1.3 g/dl 3.0 g/dl 3.5-5.6 g/dl
Prealbumin ??? 30 mg/dl 20-40 mg/dl

So, as you can see, all my "proteins" are way up. One, the Prealbumin,
is well in the "normal" range and the other two are pretty darn close
and *WAY* higher than they were last January.

So, yay me!! Here's hoping I can continue improving fast enough to have
the reversal surgery before the end of the year while my costs will
still be zero. After that we'll have a $3,000 and then 10% of all costs
until we reach $5,000. Then, as we are now this year, we'll have maxed
our "out of pocket" expense and we'll go back to not having to pay for
anything medical.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 27th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

This is good news and I hope you get well really fast, because I have lots
more questions about cats and I need you healthy so you can reply!!! :-)

Ain't co-pays a pain? I needed surgery a couple of years ago, in December,
it was a sort of emergency thing, and my health insurance broker asked me if
we could delay the surgery for a month (we could NOT!) because then I'd be
taking care of next year's deductible and co-pay instead of wasting it this
year in December.

Jay

Old July 27th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/27/2011 11:08 AM, CatNipped wrote:
[...]

That should have read "I weighed *110* pounds". I had to get *that*
right! ;

Old July 27th 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/27/2011 11:21 AM, J J Levin wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

OY! The most painful part of a hospital stay is when you see the bill!!!

I haven't seen any posts from you about adopting the two kitties you've
planned on. Did I miss something or are you waiting for Bast to send
you the perfect pair?

Old July 27th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

wrote in message
[...]

:-)

Ain't co-pays a pain? I needed surgery a couple of years ago, in
December,
it was a sort of emergency thing, and my health insurance broker asked me
if
we could delay the surgery for a month (we could NOT!) because then I'd
be
taking care of next year's deductible and co-pay instead of wasting it
this
year in December.

Jay

OY! The most painful part of a hospital stay is when you see the bill!!!

I haven't seen any posts from you about adopting the two kitties you've
planned on. Did I miss something or are you waiting for Bast to send you
the perfect pair?

Ahhh, no adoption yet. We are looking and learning. We will be away for 4 or
5 days next week, and did not want to adopt cats and then leave them home
alone the first week they're with us. The more I read here, the more I see
that cats can do all kinds of underhanded things. I don't want to come back
and find out they've rented the house to a catfood supplier.

So we are delaying for about another 1-2 weeks. Meanwhile, we are looking at
local shelters.

Will, of course, advise when we do adopt. Not to do so would be the height
of rudeness, after all the good advice I've gotten here.

Jay

Old July 27th 11, 06:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
[...]

ROTFLMAO! You're a quick learner! ;

Will, of course, advise when we do adopt. Not to do so would be the height
of rudeness, after all the good advice I've gotten here.

Jay

Sounds like you're going to make a perfect cat slave. I'm sure Bast
will send you the perfect masters!

Old July 27th 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sophia[_3_]

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:30:17 -0500, CatNipped
wrote:

[...]

This is indeed excellent news! It sounds like you've turned the
corner and are heading in the right direction. Yay!

It occurred to me you could use protein powder shakes - which you can
find in the same aisle as the boost or ensure in most supermarkets, or
at any health food store. With the plain or vanilla you can add fresh
or frozen peaches, strawberries, blueberries, even ice cream and
supplement your regular meals that way for a great way to add
nutrition, protein, and calories. I've been through 3 blenders over
the years LOL.

Now that your getting healthy, both your wound surgery and recovery
hopefully will go well. Same with reattchment. That will be a bit
longer in the hospital not an overnight. But you will be healthy going
in, not crtically ill - makes a lot of difference.

I live in the land of Cleveland Clinic and Ohio State University
Medicial Center. Also two of those "World Reknown" medical places -
truly, I do understand your frustration. Sometimes, all those plaques
and certificates and diplomas and awards mean nothing when it comes to
bedside manner, ya know? I have learned to work the system after 37
years dealing with it - not something I'm proud of. But I've managed
to put together a core group of docs, including a dentist/RN certified
in internal medicine (how cool is that?), that work together well in
MY interest and that has made all the difference. I realize I am very
blessed in that regard.

So please forgive any perceive any impatience on my part.

Likewise, I have been with the same vet for 24 years. He practices
Western and Eastern medicine. Homeopathic treatments, acupuncture and
is a licensed veterninarian chiropractor. Also provides fantastic,
caring boarding facilities for clients which I have used on occasion
when I have had an emergency need. Again, I feel very, very blessed
to have such a clinic and vet and staff available for my babies. The
entire staff are like extended family.

Well, super duper news you had on the medical front. Congratulations.
How much more do they want you to gain before they'll schedule you?

Sophia

PS - I'm actaully envious of your insurance plan. My DH is
self-employed and a semi-decent plan for the 2 of us it's $10,000
deductible, NO co-pays and a minimal drug benefit. No vision, no
dental. This for $1600 a MONTH. Yep. a Month. We have no choice.
None.
Old July 27th 11, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

That's great! I'd say you are well on the way to being able to have the
surgery before the end of the year. I hope everything continues to improve.

Joy

Old July 27th 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Jul 27, 9:47*am, "J J Levin" wrote:
.. I don't want to come back
and find out they've rented the house to a catfood supplier.

You are gonna make a perfect slave with that sense of humour!

Meanwhile, we are looking at
local shelters.

You'll know to let the right one(s) in= was looking for a new kitten
last week- one little face on Gumtree said "PICK ME!" in just over 48
hours said face has
1. Convinced us several times she must be dead as we haven't heard a
noise from under the sofa for what felt like days
2 Heartily eaten...our other cats food!
3 Destroyed a fether onna stick
4 Still isn't coming too close to us
5 Taken to popping up now and again
6 Nearly been stood on loads of times
Etc

We're in love- can't you tell?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 27th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

I have some Protein drink mix that I add a bit to milk (I drink tons of
milk - I get the Borden's protein-fortified), and even things like
mayonnaise. But I can only add a little before the taste turns my
stomach, so I try to have it with almost everything I eat or drink.
I've lost all taste for flavored soft drinks or even tea and lemonade.
I drink only milk and water (milk if I have a choice).

[...]

Yep, you really are - unfortunately that's rare now-a-days. What ever
happened to the old-fashioned doctor who used to know his patient's
first name!!???

So please forgive any perceive any impatience on my part.

Likewise, I have been with the same vet for 24 years. He practices
Western and Eastern medicine. Homeopathic treatments, acupuncture and
is a licensed veterninarian chiropractor. Also provides fantastic,
caring boarding facilities for clients which I have used on occasion
when I have had an emergency need. Again, I feel very, very blessed
to have such a clinic and vet and staff available for my babies. The
entire staff are like extended family.

Yeah, over the years I think I've spent more time finding a good vet
than finding a good doctor! ;

Well, super duper news you had on the medical front. Congratulations.
How much more do they want you to gain before they'll schedule you?

They want me to be at *least* 125 pounds, but that's the bottom limit of
my "weight range" so I'm hoping to be a bit more than that in time
enough to have the surgery before the end of the year. I'm glad I found
this wound specialist - he said he can "excise" the scar on my torso...
I'm not worried about looks, the gawds know I'm *way* past wearing
bikinis, but neither do I want this huge trench they've made in my
tummy. It would make me less self-conscious even with Ben (and he's
seen things on my that *I* have never seen! ;).

Sophia

PS - I'm actaully envious of your insurance plan. My DH is
self-employed and a semi-decent plan for the 2 of us it's $10,000
deductible, NO co-pays and a minimal drug benefit. No vision, no
dental. This for $1600 a MONTH. Yep. a Month. We have no choice.
None.

Wow! That sounds like Ben's insurance from the last job he worked - it
was almost as bad as having no insurance at all (especially since it
takes an act of congress to get Ben into a doctor's office - his heart
attack and diabetes diagnosis has changed that a bit, but not enough to
make him quit smoking and eat right).