I'm new here and love cats!!!

Old April 16th 05, 06:07 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

Default I'm new here and love cats!!!

I'm new here and am a cat lover. I'm Crystal. 23/f/Wisconsin. My sister
has two cats named Tiger and Kitty. I love tiger to bits!!!

Old April 16th 05, 06:11 PM
Dan M

438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl wrote:

I'm new here and am a cat lover. I'm Crystal. 23/f/Wisconsin. My sister
has two cats named Tiger and Kitty. I love tiger to bits!!!

If you're a cat lover then you're welcome here! I'm Dan - truck driver
from California. I've got 4 cats that stay at home with my wife and 1,
Harri Roadcat, who travels in the truck with me.

Dan
Old April 16th 05, 06:15 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

Hiya,
Umm... you'll have to put some pictures up of your kitties so the group
can see them.

Old April 16th 05, 06:16 PM
jmcquown

438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl wrote:
I'm new here and am a cat lover. I'm Crystal. 23/f/Wisconsin. My
sister has two cats named Tiger and Kitty. I love tiger to bits!!!

Hi Crystal! I'm Jill in the Memphis, TN area. I have one cat, Persia, and
a lovebird named Peaches.

Are you considering getting a cat/cats for yourself?

Jill

Old April 16th 05, 06:18 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

Hiya Jill,
As quick as my sister and my brother in law move out I'll have the
downstairs to myself and I'll consider getting a cat or two. For those
that don't know I'm a HUGE fan of the Janesville Wisconsin City busses.

Old April 16th 05, 06:33 PM
jmcquown

438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl wrote:
Hiya,
Umm... you'll have to put some pictures up of your kitties so the
group can see them.

Just in case you didn't know, since this isn't a binary group we post links
for our kitty pics. You'll find lots of them! We are proud of our "babies"

Jill

Old April 16th 05, 06:39 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

I saw some, they're so cute!!!

Old April 16th 05, 06:39 PM
Tanada

438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl wrote:

I'm new here and am a cat lover. I'm Crystal. 23/f/Wisconsin. My sister
has two cats named Tiger and Kitty. I love tiger to bits!!!

Welcome! What do you want us to call you? I'm Pam S. in North Carolina
USA and am owned by six cats, have a foster cat (Calvin) who's going
back to be adopted today, and five kittens (aka bitties) that we're
fostering for the local no-kill shelter.

I am a substitute teacher, married to a retired Army Puke, with three
kids, sons 26 and 22 and a daughter who's 18. We also provide camping
space to the daughter's boyfriend and at least two or three other guys
who think this is the best place to hang their hats.

I've posted pictures in here lately of Sonya and the bitties, and also
have an album on Yahoo of the other owners. You may be able to get to
it through Sonya's album.

Again Welcome,

Pam S. owned hoomin
Old April 16th 05, 06:50 PM
Mary

"438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm new here and am a cat lover. I'm Crystal. 23/f/Wisconsin. My sister
has two cats named Tiger and Kitty. I love tiger to bits!!!

You've come to the right place!

Old April 16th 05, 07:32 PM
jmcquown

438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl wrote:
I'm new here and am a cat lover. I'm Crystal. 23/f/Wisconsin. My
sister has two cats named Tiger and Kitty. I love tiger to bits!!!

It's appropriate to quote relevent bits of the posts you are replying to.
Many people here have newsreaders that sometimes drop the original post by
the time they get around to reading it. So if you quote what you reply to,
it makes sense to those coming in on the tail-end. It also prevents the
rest of us whose hosts don't drop the older posts so we don't have to scroll
back and figure out what you write about.

As with anyone new to the group, you will probably find a number of acronyms
that don't make sense upon first reading. For example, TED = The Evil
Doctor (vet) - from the cat's point of view. If at any time you don't
understand a reference, just ask. This is one of the friendliest and most
helpful bunch of people ever.

Another note, we do often post OT (Off Topic). As long as it doesn't decend
into bashing each other (we do NOT do that here), it's okay as long as the
post is labelled as such.

And, when someone trolls to try to start a flame war (or tries to SPAM the
group selling stuff) we start posting recipes in self-defense. They have no
idea how to react when we don't respond the way they intended and slink
quietly away.

Jill