please help us our kitten wont stop urinating on our bed

Old October 14th 05, 07:41 AM
jessica98513 via CatKB.com

Default please help us our kitten wont stop urinating on our bed

We recently got a new kitten about a month ago. we already have a 6 month old
kitten and the 2 cats get along great. they play with each other sleep with
each other and groom one another. but since the day we got the new kitten he
has been urinating on our bed. he is now 4 months old he was 3 months old
when we got him and he was around his brothers and sisters and other cats so
i dont think being around another cat is the problem. our 6 months old cat is
neutured and we just got the kitten neutured to hoping it would solve the
problem. but he is not spraying just urinating all over the bed and blankets.
it is not the same spot every time and neither of the cats sleep in the room.
but every time we forget to shut the bed room door he goes in and urinates in
there. there was no medical problems when we took him to the vet last week
and the vet said it would probably stop when he was neutured. we also thought
he was spraying but we caught him doing it tonight and he just sits on the
bed and goes. he is an outside cat and very rarely uses a litter box but he
does have one and does use it if he is inside. so i know its not from having
a dirty litter box. if anyone has any ideas please help us. i donse t want to
bring him to the animal shelter but if this problem doesnt stop soon im not
going to have any other options. please help.
Old October 14th 05, 09:01 AM
IBen Getiner

jessica98513 via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Keep cat out of your bed. Close door when you're not going to be home.
Put kitty in his own room at nite. If all elses fails, make kitty
outside kat. I know this whole ting can be very confusing, but you have
taken the first step by reaching out to the other idiots in here like
yourself.
Hope this helps.

IBen

Old October 14th 05, 01:02 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

[...]

How many litterboxes do you have for your two cats. Some cats don't like to
use the same litterbox as other cats do, some will use one litterbox for
poop, but then like to pee in the other litterbox (and don't aways use the
same litterbox for pee each time).

Try adding another litterbox - in a different location from the existing
one. Make sure you show *both* cats where the new litterbox is.

And make sure you wash all bedding, including the mattress, with an enzmatic
cleaner (some people reccomend Nature's Miracle) to get all the smell out:
remember that a cat's nose is *significantly* more sensitive than yours, so
even if you can't smell it, the cat probably can.

Also, not sure how old you are, but it looks like a gradeschooler wrote your
post as there is no capitalization anywhere - makes for very hard reading as
it all looks like one sentance. Not sure if your shift button isn't
working, or you're just lazy/cutting corners. How would your boss/college
professor 'grade' you on a report if it were turned in like that? Very
poorly, I'm afraid.
--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old October 14th 05, 01:38 PM
5cats

jessica98513 via CatKB.com wrote:

...said it would probably stop when he was neutured. we also thought
he was spraying but we caught him doing it tonight and he just sits on
the bed and goes. he is an outside cat...

why are you letting an unneutered cat run around outside?
Old October 14th 05, 02:21 PM
Sidsel

jessica98513 via CatKB.com wrote:
i donse t want to
bring him to the animal shelter but if this problem doesnt stop soon im not
going to have any other options. please help.

Would you bring your cat to a shelter just because he sometimes pee on
your bed?

We had the same problem with our oldest girl when we brought home our
Maine Coon, all the boxes were clean, enough boxes for both of them etc
- everything was checked out... The problem is now solved by never
leaving the door open except when we're in the bedroom - it's as simple
as that.

It's only as big a problem as you make it.

- Sidsel
Old October 14th 05, 02:56 PM
Alison

"jessica98513 via CatKB.com" u14878@uwe wrote in message
[...]

Sorry , you're having problems with your kitten. first I think your
kitten is far too young to be allowed outside. Its best for his sake
to keep him inside or out with an escort until he is older.
Bear in mind this kitten has been through a lot , leaving his old
home, new cat , new territory and have an operation , that's a lot of
stress.
To encourage him to use a litter tray , have one for each cat, at
least , in different quiet locations that are easily accessible. make
sure your other cat isn't blocking his access to them. Use soil from
your garden or yard in one of them. He could have started avoiding the
litterbox because he associated it with the pain from his neuter.
He could be using your bed because he likes the soft surface.
Wash your bedding in a biological washing powder that doesn't have a
strong smell.
Ecover is good if you are in the UK.
Alison

Old October 14th 05, 07:08 PM
jessica98513 via CatKB.com

i was looking to see if someone could help me figure out why he was doing
this. not how i was typing or spelling. my cat is neutered and just got
neutered this week and he has been doing this since the day i got him. i just
thought i could go on here and get some advice

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
We recently got a new kitten about a month ago. we already have a 6
month old kitten and the 2 cats get along great. they play with each

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Old October 14th 05, 08:06 PM
cybercat

i was looking to see if someone could help me figure out why he was doing
this. not how i was typing or spelling. my cat is neutered and just got
neutered this week and he has been doing this since the day i got him. i

just
thought i could go on here and get some advice

How long have you had him? You may need to simply keep him out of
your room, confine him to a comfortable room with his food, water, and
some toys for a few days, going in to visit him often. That has worked for
me when I had a
new cat making mistakes. I am also wondering if there is some problem
with his neutering that is causing him pain--when cats have discomfort they
often will try to go on fabric. Have you asked your vet?

Old October 15th 05, 08:25 AM
Kerry

[...]

It takes about a month after a cat is neutered for the hormone levels
to go down. If his peeing is caused by not being neutered you will
have to wait for awhile now that he is neutered for the problem to
stop.