Boyfie had a fight!

Old October 19th 13, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie had a fight!

I heard that wowling singing song just outside the back door at 9.30 a.m.
that tells you there is a cat territory dispute.

it was Boyfie and a medium-long-haired white cat I have never seen before, a
beautiful cat, pristine, reflective collar, obviously well looked after.
When I opened the back door the white cat ran off a few yards when he/she
saw me and that made Boyfie think he'd won so he rushed after it, jumped on
it and tumbled it over. Well, the white cat wasn't having that and turned
around for another face-off and yowling match. I went past them to see to
my chickens deciding to leave them to sort it out for themselves and by the
time I returned up the path, the white cat was running off, not quite so
pristine with dirt all over his lovely fur.
I tried to get Boyfie inside the house then, but he said No. He came in 10
minutes later really wound up. It took an hour for him to calm down and be
persuaded to go upstairs to his duvet.
I've examined him and as far as I can tell he is not injured in any way.
He has not had a fight for years, not since he jumped on the
mistaken-identify-black-cat-who-he-thought-was-the-one-who-bullied-him-when-he-was-a-young-chap.

He isn't really a fighter but I guess another cat coming right near the door
into his house was just too much.

I tell you what, that white cat was really beautiful to look at. It's not
very likely I will see it again..

Tweed

Old October 20th 13, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

This puts my idea of having another cat on the back burner. I could afford
to feed another one and vet treatment for it. Boyfie says No.
He would be in a serious position now if Kitty Farmcat had said the same
thing.

Tweed

Old October 21st 13, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
There's not a lot you can do when they fight, it's usually quick and they
have to sort it out themselves to a large degree otherwise it'll keep
happening. Good for Boyfie for defending his territory though. He's
obviously still got it.

TBH, I gave him an advantage by appearing from the back door which caused it
to run off so he thought it was victory, giving him the courage to jump on
it. A bit unfair to the white cat as it stopped and faced up to him again
even after being bowled over but I suppose being jumped on scared it and it
made off eventually. I don't want Boyfie to fight, this was a young cat and
he is now 11,
but hey, nocat is allowed right outside the back door that leads to
everything he values.

It is lucky for him the KFC allowed him to be around. Bless her.

She also wouldn't allow a cat in her garden - until she met Boyfriend and
she led him here, why I don't know. It was quite lucky for her in the end,
as when she had CRF and didn't fancy any food I could provide, he brought
her collared doves, which she chomped on.

He did have to tolerate her grumpiness and being swiped around the ears on a
regular basis, though ;-) small price to pay for being led here I suppose.
He is not going to extend her "kindness" to anycat he sees in his garden.
No way.

Tweed

Cat fight c1gmlm Cat health & behaviour 1 March 19th 09 06:05 PM
Cat Fight [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 January 12th 09 03:50 AM
Big fight Ted Davis[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 February 28th 08 12:57 AM
Cat fight Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 3 August 11th 07 04:37 PM
cat fight Denise Clere Cat anecdotes 3 October 4th 05 04:56 AM