Simon could use some purrs

Old November 28th 03, 08:48 AM
Helen Wheels

Default Simon could use some purrs

Hi all

My ginger moggy Simon could use a few of your purrs at the
moment. He’s 20 years old and for the past year has been on
medication and having regular vet checks for chronic renal
failure. The medication has really helped improve his quality of
life up till now, and although he’s been steadily losing weight
and muscle tone, he’s still been enjoying his three favourite
things – eating, sleeping and lying in the sun. He’s not very
mobile these days and can’t jump up onto the bed any more, but he
knows how to ask for a lift when he wants up. This morning he
hoed into his breakfast as usual, but when I checked on him
before going to work, he’d thrown it all up. I’ve lost 2 cats to
CRF in the past, and both times throwing up was the first sign
that things were going downhill fast. I hope Simon will be
feeling better tonight. I don’t want to force any invasive
treatment on him at his age – he’s had a good innings – but I
really don’t him to be feeling sick either. Could he have a few
of your purrs?

There are a few pictures of young Simon at
http://au.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/....dir=/The+mogs
(hope that link works for you)

Thanks
Helen Wheels

Old November 28th 03, 01:19 PM
Marina

"Helen Wheels" wrote
I don’t want to force any invasive
treatment on him at his age – he’s had a good innings – but I
really don’t him to be feeling sick either. Could he have a few
of your purrs?

How sweet he looks. I understand very well about not wanting to subject him
to invasive procedures. We are purring for it to have been just a passing
tummy bug, or if not, for Simon to be as comfortable as possible.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 28th 03, 01:43 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Many, many purrs for Simon.

*hugs* helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old November 28th 03, 04:40 PM
Dan Mahoney

I really don’t him to be feeling sick either. Could he have a few of
your purrs?

Absolutely! We'll along the best power purrs we can.

Dan

Old November 28th 03, 07:15 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:48:17 +0800, Helen Wheels
wrote:

[...]

Purrs for the elder statesman to get over this bad spell
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 28th 03, 08:17 PM
lrulan

We will purr and pray that Simon feels better soon.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old November 28th 03, 08:18 PM
Exocat

LO Helen

Huge purrs from Bandit, Pericles & Snowball.

I lost my extra-special boy to CRF too in much the same way,
so empathetic human hugs as well

All the best

Exocat

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Helen Wheels" wrote

Old November 28th 03, 09:26 PM
Debra Berry

Purrs for Simon on their way.

Debbie Berry

Helen Wheels wrote:
=

Hi all
=

My ginger moggy Simon could use a few of your purrs at the
moment. He=92s 20 years old and for the past year has been on
medication and having regular vet checks for chronic renal
failure. The medication has really helped improve his quality of
life up till now, and although he=92s been steadily losing weight
and muscle tone, he=92s still been enjoying his three favourite
things =96 eating, sleeping and lying in the sun. He=92s not very
mobile these days and can=92t jump up onto the bed any more, but he
knows how to ask for a lift when he wants up. This morning he
hoed into his breakfast as usual, but when I checked on him
before going to work, he=92d thrown it all up. I=92ve lost 2 cats to
CRF in the past, and both times throwing up was the first sign
that things were going downhill fast. I hope Simon will be
feeling better tonight. I don=92t want to force any invasive
treatment on him at his age =96 he=92s had a good innings =96 but I
really don=92t him to be feeling sick either. Could he have a few
of your purrs?
=

There are a few pictures of young Simon at
http://au.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/...ir=3D/The+mogs
(hope that link works for you)
=

Thanks