Cat With Chronic Soft Stool

Old October 30th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Cat With Chronic Soft Stool

"Jannie" wrote in message
On Oct 29, 8:09 pm, Petzl wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:42:35 -0700 (PDT), Jannie

wrote:

Terminology is to blind one with bull****
Just get the human acidophilus variety cheaper and safe

Cats need enzymes also. So RAW meat is required in diet, pet food type
from supermarket OK wich is actually offal (when cooking steak a bit
for cat OK and good). Cats are by nature canivirous only

Although I like my steak extremely well done with bourbon, fact is
though the healthier option is rare as cooking destroys enzymes

Well I had already ordered the pet probiotics on line, so I will have
to use it. Her stools are firming up just a little, so I hope that is
a sign, today is only the 3rd day, we shall see. Surely not getting my
hopes up yet. Maybe she does need a little bit of BOURBON!!!

I were trying to point out cooking/processing food destroys enzymes so
a bit of raw meat is needed for cat. As for the bourbon cats are
non-drinkers mine will investigate but that's it. Then try for my
steak
The Pet Probiotics will be fine, just in my experience a expensive way
of buying them. A human's digestive system has about 50 billion CFU's
{Flora} so 1,2 or 3 billion amounts in a pill is not a big deal (they
are beneficial but harmless)
Petzl- Hide quoted text -

Thanks so much for all the info, how do you know so much? What raw
meat do you feed your cats? I noticed they even sell a raw food diet
in the cooler at the pet store, probably another expensive option, huh?

Jannie, some swear by a raw diet, but they are in the minority. There's a
reason it says "CAT food" on those cans--makers have a better understanding
of feline nutrition than the average pet owners. You can make a science of
it and do it yourself. And I imagine some raw meat wouldn't hurt, but I do
not think it is necessary. My first cat lived to age 18 without it. I would
worry about bacteria in raw meat, too.

Old October 31st 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 04:38:46 -0700 (PDT), Jannie
wrote:

I were trying to point out cooking/processing food destroys enzymes so
a bit of raw meat is needed for cat. As for the bourbon cats are
non-drinkers mine will investigate but that's it. Then try for my
steak
The Pet Probiotics will be fine, just in my experience a expensive way
of buying them. A human's digestive system has about 50 billion CFU's
{Flora} so 1,2 or 3 billion amounts in a pill is not a big deal (they
are beneficial but harmless)

Thanks so much for all the info, how do you know so much? What raw
meat do you feed your cats? I noticed they even sell a raw food diet
in the cooler at the pet store, probably another expensive option, huh?

I'm getting old and have always had a cat or two or three
(lived in Country, cats keep rodents away, without a cat rats or mice
target the inside walls of house during winter. Rodents tend to
defecate in one spot and non-cat owners notice smelly stains in
plaster. Even farmers who don't like cats have them for this reason)
The pet food in the store cooler would be raw and a option for cats
I find cat likes variety the tin stuff keeps better is also OK,
quality dry food is also good to have around and keeps even better
As a kid the cat was only ever fed raw meat (beef) and they seemed to
do OK (lived long and prospered). Meat sold in butcher has to be clean
and checked for diseases, offal though always needs to be boiled at
least 20 minutes for pet food (dog or cat)
Pet food is also supposed to be checked but I don't believe as
stringently as our human variety and this is happening too often
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_food_safety_center/
That's why I prefer the human acidophilus to the pet one
Petzl
Old October 31st 09, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:37:20 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

Jannie, some swear by a raw diet, but they are in the minority. There's a
reason it says "CAT food" on those cans--makers have a better understanding
of feline nutrition than the average pet owners. You can make a science of
it and do it yourself. And I imagine some raw meat wouldn't hurt, but I do
not think it is necessary. My first cat lived to age 18 without it. I would
worry about bacteria in raw meat, too.

Quality canned pet food should have enzymes and everything else added

The case in question is a former feral cat with soft stool I am
suggesting a slug of fresh raw beef could get its digestion back in
order. A bit of dirt is good, being too antiseptic can make/take
immune system out.
Now wash your hands for full 20 seconds, dry with towel, finish with
air dryer (everyone does this all the time?)

Petzl