To catnip or not to catnip?

Old March 21st 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default To catnip or not to catnip?

wrote in message
On Mar 21, 4:49 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar 21, 9:13 am, "cybercat" wrote:

"mc" wrote in message

On Mar 20, 11:06 pm, mc wrote:
On Mar 20, 9:56 pm, "cybercat" wrote:

wr

Even so... how hard can catnip be to clean up???

Tightassed, cathating spouses are always pulling this crap. "Do you
really
think catnip is good for them, honey?" Translation: "if I have to clean
up
any more of this stuff I'll blow a gasket."
Heck, I don't mind cleaning up the mess. Rule of thumb in life seems
that things that are fun and enjoyable are often BAD for you, so I was
just wondering about catnip for cats. It doesn't call for telling me
to consider a different spouse, then your BRILLIANTLY USEFUL post of
"**** off", and then calling of a spouse "tightassed" and
"cathating". She LOVES the cats and really was afraid it's bad for
them. Seriously - "**** off"? How does one generate or deliver anger
in a pet forum? Pathetic.

Thank you for sharing. Don't you feel better? That's what's grand about
Usenet.

How does one "generate or deliver" anger in a pet forum? In a number of
ways. First, by presuming, as you did, to tell anyone how to post or what
to say. A hearty **** OFF is not only appropriate, but called for.

Second, by posing a really stupid question "is catnip bad for cats" then
letting us know that the question arose because one's spouse finds
it "messy."

Your wife "loves" the cat so much she's worried about the mess catnip
makes.

Bleah.- Hide quoted text -

Read my original post. The first line said I was wondering ever "if
catnip is bad for cats". The mess was the LAST line of what I said.
But- as long as you can say things like "**** Off" and the even more
elegant "Bleah", well I guess you've really got me. It's funny how
EVERYBODY ELSE who responded just said something about the topic of
catnip.

And oh- asking if catnip could be bad for cats is a 'stupid question',
huh? Right, because it was so impossible that there might be health
effects I was unaware of. Forgive me for doing research and playing
it safe with my cats' health. I'm not as smart as you obviously. You
typed "Bleah".

Now, if you forgive me, I have to go recover from your GENIUS posts of
"**** off" and "bleah". I may never get over it. Please don't say
"shut up" next, I'd never get over that one.

*********************************

Okay, okay. So I'm a little cranky. Your wife is still a pill.

Old March 21st 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

"mc" wrote in message

On Mar 20, 11:06 pm, mc wrote:
[...]

Okay, okay. So I'm a little cranky. Your wife is still a pill.- Hide quoted text -

Cybercat - Maybe YOU need some catnip! Look - my wife and i love
cats, and have 3. I love giving them catnip, her not so much for some
reason (yes, somewhat due to mess but that's not the main reason).
Once they got into some catnip I had in my drawer, I have NO CLUE how
they did it, and really got into it big time, LOL. One seemed to be
hung over for a few days, and got some in her eye, I think. My wife
panicked at that, but the vet said it's normal, try to clean her eye
out as best we can, no big deal.

Anyway, I will be bringing out the nip.

Old March 21st 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote

Cybercat - Maybe YOU need some catnip!

Yeah, really. Sorry. I'm stressed out.

For all the fun of a catnip high and none of the mess:

http://www.fatcats.com/html_site/1_crackler_b.shtml

I LOVE these toys! Go look at the other cat toys, depending
on your political leanings, you can get a Bush or Hillary catnip
cat toy and watch kitties kick the snot out of them.

I gave a raging Dem friend the Bush one for Christmas and
her cat surprised us by loving up on him. You can find these toys
at grocery chains, Pet supply stores, and on ebay.

Old March 22nd 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

On Mar 21, 5:41 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote

Cybercat - Maybe YOU need some catnip!

Yeah, really. Sorry. I'm stressed out.

I am glad you guys got that figured out! But I don't think you have to
apologize cybercat... sometimes, unfortunately, it takes seemingly
harsh words to get to the bottom of things... I think you see a lot of
nonsense out there.

My question of the day is... Why do I seem to have you confused with
catnipped????

Old March 22nd 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"mc" wrote in message
On Mar 21, 5:41 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote

Cybercat - Maybe YOU need some catnip!

Yeah, really. Sorry. I'm stressed out.

I am glad you guys got that figured out! But I don't think you have to
apologize cybercat... sometimes, unfortunately, it takes seemingly
harsh words to get to the bottom of things... I think you see a lot of
nonsense out there.

Thanks. I do tend to get a little, errr, short, at times. My main concern is
always the animals, but there's no real good in working over the humans.

My question of the day is... Why do I seem to have you confused with
catnipped????

Because we are both intelligent, articulate, compassionate humans?

Old March 22nd 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

Thanks. I do tend to get a little, errr, short, at times. My main concern is
always the animals, but there's no real good in working over the humans.

True... but you guys worked it out ;-)

My question of the day is... Why do I seem to have you confused with
catnipped????

Because we are both intelligent, articulate, compassionate humans?

LOL! That must be it :-) chuckles