Evil baby Kittens....

Old August 12th 04, 07:53 PM
Cathy Friedmann

Default Evil baby Kittens....

"RobZip" wrote in message
snipped
Spot has taken the role of scout - always on the lookout for new things

the
gang can tear the hell out of. Yesterday he discovered a large vase with
peacock feathers protruding from the top. He passed them out to his
littermates and a great time was had by all tearing them up. Imagine if

you
will - 1 kitten on the floor with a huge feather rolled up around him

while
3 littermates each try to escape through the doorway with a 3 foot long
feather *sideways* in their mouths.

Video of this would be good.

snipped

Today was Tear Up Rob's Office Day - a spinoff of take the kids to work

day.
For a brief period all 4 kittens were in my home office, prowling the lab
tables, desks, and computers. Various decor on the walls had been removed
and inspected, disassembled, destroyed. Finally a box containing a
motherboard and a few hard drives crashed to the floor capturing my
attention. Funny thing.... stopping in the hallway outside and bellowing
"What in the hell is this mocky horse**** going on in here!!!" will

produce
a stream of high velocity red, furry, puffed up tails in full escape mode
streaming through and past my feet in hasty exit. Good - they grasp the
concept of having screwed up. No harm done....

Oh, they grasp the idea of what's verboten all right, but they won't let it
deter them the next time - provided a human isn't within their line of
sight! ;-)

Cathy

Old August 12th 04, 08:34 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"MadHatter" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:53:20 -0400, "Cathy Friedmann"
wrote:
"RobZip" wrote in message
. ..
snipped
Spot has taken the role of scout - always on the lookout for new things

the
gang can tear the hell out of. Yesterday he discovered a large vase

with
peacock feathers protruding from the top. He passed them out to his
littermates and a great time was had by all tearing them up. Imagine if

you
will - 1 kitten on the floor with a huge feather rolled up around him

while
3 littermates each try to escape through the doorway with a 3 foot long
feather *sideways* in their mouths.

Video of this would be good.

snipped

lol! that's so typical! find something pretty and destroy it, is
kittens motto. my roommate brought pretty roses home and put them in
a vase (ok, in a glass pitcher). Shaina appeared out of nowhere
inspecting the roses and gently touching them with her paws. my
roommate had a cuteness attack. "look, isn't that pretty? she's so
adorable". i told her in a morbid voice that she is going to kill
those roses.

Umpteen years ago, I woke up one morning to find a pastel glop on the floor
next to my bed. I put on my glasses & found that it was pastel kitty puke -
prettiest cat puke one is ever likely to see. Got up, went into the DR, &
the vase of pink & lavender asters that had been there the day before was
now a vase of aster stems, completely denuded of petals. And obviously
ingested by Sabina (cat), & then very obviously rejected by Sabina's
stomach.

Cathy

Old August 12th 04, 09:09 PM
RobZip

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
I don't share the sentimental
attachment my wife does for various schlock decor items.

Translation: your wife's none too thrilled that you didn't rescue the
peacock feathers before they were history?

Something like that... Truth of the matter is that the feathers were history
before I was aware of their demise. It was a silent attack.

Old August 12th 04, 09:49 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

RobZip quoth:
"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
I don't share the sentimental
attachment my wife does for various schlock decor items.

Translation: your wife's none too thrilled that you didn't rescue the
peacock feathers before they were history?

Something like that... Truth of the matter is that the feathers were history
before I was aware of their demise. It was a silent attack.

Furry little stealth fighters. The feathers hadn't a prayer.

Priscilla

Old August 12th 04, 10:20 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"RobZip" wrote in message

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
I don't share the sentimental
attachment my wife does for various schlock decor items.

Translation: your wife's none too thrilled that you didn't rescue the
peacock feathers before they were history?

Something like that... Truth of the matter is that the feathers were

history
before I was aware of their demise. It was a silent attack.

Well, then at least you're not in deep sh*t. ;-)

Cathy

Old August 13th 04, 05:28 AM
MacCandace

Never a dull moment.

You're gonna miss those babies. Have you decided on one to take? Who took the
first-born male?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)