Persia and the Daddy-Longlegs

Old October 4th 03, 06:30 AM
jmcquown

Default Persia and the Daddy-Longlegs

Seems I'm always writing about Persia and bugs. I don't want you to think
my house is full of bugs, it's not. But if Persia finds one, by gosh she's
going to play with it.

So there's this Daddy Longleg spider walking along the carpet and she
decides oooh! a new toy! But was she surprised. She wasn't expecting those
long legs (which she didn't notice) would give her paw-resistance. So as I
watched her try to 'herd' this longleg, first with one paw, then the other,
she was most comical. Then, it didn't react as she expected; rather than
run away from her it ran *towards* her. She backed up, sat down; backed up,
sat down. Batted at it, sorta. It moved over sideways. She watched it,
then got up and batted at it again. But ran up against those long legs
again.

This bug had her totally confused. She finally just gave up and ran up to
me, meowing. Then she went to sleep curled up next to me. No bug is worth
all that effort

Jill

Old October 4th 03, 06:59 AM
Sherry

[...]

Daddy Longlegs are kinda neat. It's the only spider I like. :-)
But, Jill, I'll trade your bugs for the "problem" I have in the garage. I don't
know what it is. Bootygirl was intently staring under the workbench, I crouched
down to see what it was. It was a nest (the resident was absent thank God).
There was twigs from the snowball bush out front. There was miscellaneus scraps
of paper. There was a carpenter's pencil, a screwdriver. There was a rawhide
dog toy of Happy's. It's something *big* to be able to carry that stuff. Is
there really such a thing as a packrat?
I've been leaving the garage door up about 6 inches so the cats can go in and
out. That's how it got in. I don't even let the cats go out there anymore. I
don't think it's anything theey need to tanggle with.

Sherry
Old October 4th 03, 07:06 AM
pmendhall

It could be a raccoon. They are nocturnal animals and like to collect
things.

Good luck.

Diane

Old October 4th 03, 12:13 PM
jmcquown

pmendhall wrote:
It could be a raccoon. They are nocturnal animals and like to collect
things.

Good luck.

Diane

IF it's a raccoon, she should find a way to scoot it out post-haste. They
are cute but often mean (and sometimes rabid; good idea not letting the cat
into the garage). I've never known one to build a nest inside a garage,
though. They are bush dwellers. I hesitate to say 'rat'; never heard of
them collecting dog toys.

Jill

Old October 4th 03, 07:41 PM
Hopitus2

Do raccoons live in nests? I do know they like to collect shiny things (like
a few cats we've known over the years).........

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
: pmendhall wrote:
: It could be a raccoon. They are nocturnal animals and like to collect
: things.
:
: Good luck.
: