How long can you keep opened canned food?

Old February 15th 06, 07:27 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default How long can you keep opened canned food?

"cybercat" wrote in message

Can't do anything about that anyone can post anywhere say anything as
long as no personal information is let out it is not a commercial
advertisement or physical threats nothing to do but give him a taste of his
own medicine. I posted in the other groups that I know that he goes to this
statement " BEWARE HE IS A STALKER AND A TROLL BEWARE FOLLOWS YOU TO OTHER
GROUPS AND INSULTS THEM AND POST BS ABOUT THEM
HE NEEDS A TASTE OF HIS OWN MEDICINE "

He followed me over to alt.wholesale and started crap there. He is just
a little child trapped behind a computer screen just like all internet tough
guys. Phil spanked him before that was good enough for me.
Here is my reply post to him " John your are just a child hiding behind a
computer screen In real life you are completely ignored by both woman and
men which you admitted in another group after Phil spanked you for being
stupid. Get a life your post are ignored through out the cats groups and
other that you post in get a life you punk. No one cares about you. Call a
900 number they will give you all the attention that mommy and daddy did not
give you.
All you are doing is being lined up for a plonk"
His reply was so childish that I talked to him like a child in my reply.

He is being added to the killfile list he is just a little boy hiding behind
a computer screen getting his rocks off bothering people

Old February 15th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

AlexZ wrote:
How long can I keep opened canned food if it is:

1. Left in a plate for her to eat? (apartment temp 60 deg F)
2. In a tightly closed can in the room? (apartment temp 60 deg F)
3. In a tightly closed can in the refrigerator?

This is a running problem I have. I've had a number of cats who
will not eat cold food from the refigerator. Even if it is heated in
the
Microwave......

I finally got to the point where i got the smallest can available,
3 ozs., which was emptied in a matter of a few hours.

Some cats are picky that way.

Old February 15th 06, 08:19 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"DW" wrote in message
oups.com...

AlexZ wrote:
How long can I keep opened canned food if it is:

1. Left in a plate for her to eat? (apartment temp 60 deg F)
2. In a tightly closed can in the room? (apartment temp 60 deg F)
3. In a tightly closed can in the refrigerator?

This is a running problem I have. I've had a number of cats who
will not eat cold food from the refigerator. Even if it is heated in
the
Microwave......

I finally got to the point where i got the smallest can available,
3 ozs., which was emptied in a matter of a few hours.

Some cats are picky that way.

Mine refuse to do the same if they don't finish it it gets throw in the
trash

Old February 15th 06, 08:26 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

: 2. In a tightly closed can in the room? (apartment temp 60 deg F)
: Why would you do this if you have a refrigerator?

She doesnt like reheated it food. I feed her 12 hours apart. If the
opened but tightly reclosed can would last that long in a 60 deg room,
that would solve my reheating problem.

: 3. In a tightly closed can in the refrigerator?"
:
: Two days, max. Don't take chances with your cat.

Thanks to Janna we learn 4 days is ok according to Purina. I have never
gone beyond 3 and usually am within 2.
Old February 15th 06, 08:57 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

A nym shifting control freak who says she's not a net cop.
And the cow jumped over the moon.

See also:
cybercat
Lumpy
Mary

From: "cybercat" boagrrl hotmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: How long can you keep opened canned food?
Date: 15 Feb 2006 20:07:00 +0100

"NMR" haveyouplonkedatrolltoday anti-troll.com wrote in message
news:bpKIf.2147$_c.1703 tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

"cybercat" boagrrl hotmail.com wrote in message
news:43f36c23_1 x-privat.org...

"NMR" haveyouplonkedatrolltoday anti-troll.com wrote in message
news:yCJIf.28806$g47.5252 tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

"John Doe" jdoe usenet.love.invalid

Seems you find trolls everywhere you go and at times start to act like
them
when you get there ...

John is worse than a troll, he's an asshole with a capital "A."

He is a ****ing asshole that followed me over to a non cat group and

posted
I was a troll

"****ing asshole" works for me. If I were the netcopping type I might
complain to his ISP if I were you. [If I were you and if you were the
netcopping type ... you know what I mean.]

Old February 15th 06, 10:58 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"AlexZ" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:

: 2. In a tightly closed can in the room? (apartment temp 60 deg F)
: Why would you do this if you have a refrigerator?

She doesnt like reheated it food. I feed her 12 hours apart. If the
opened but tightly reclosed can would last that long in a 60 deg room,
that would solve my reheating problem.

Just take it out an hour early.

: 3. In a tightly closed can in the refrigerator?"
:
: Two days, max. Don't take chances with your cat.

Thanks to Janna we learn 4 days is ok according to Purina. I have never
gone beyond 3 and usually am within 2.

Better safe than sorry!

Old February 16th 06, 01:39 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

AlexZ wrote:
How long can I keep opened canned food if it is:

your cat must be about one pound, lol

what size cans do you get, I've only seen two sizes

the largest size, surely one cat can eat that much in a day
or two days...twill be fine!

*just be sure to killfile that John Dolt character; he's got some
serious issues

Old February 16th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

nym shifting troll

See also:
"Magic Mood Jeep©" buttercupstickysweet yahoo.com
"-L." bigbadbarry adelphia.net
"a christmas tree"
"abRokeNegRo"
"bag-o-switches"
"bigbadbarry"
"black-ip"
"chickenwing"
"coffeedog"
"hamandche betweentheknees.com"
"Jew"
"johndoeisadick"
"Levon"
"Mr Tibbs"
"NMR"
"Patches"
"Prozack"
"Resistance"
"Shalom"
"Switch"
"Themselves"
"wannabe"
"watermelon"
"whitershadeofpale"
"yo"

Old February 16th 06, 01:52 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

John Doe wrote:
nym shifting troll

*just be sure to killfile that John Dolt character; he's got some
serious issues

You've been wearing that same shirt since I started posting over 2
years ago!

Shame on you!

GASP!!!

somebody call the fashion police!

YOU HAVE NO IMAGINATION

Old February 16th 06, 11:18 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:04:48 GMT, AlexZ wrote:

How long can I keep opened canned food if it is:

1. Left in a plate for her to eat? (apartment temp 60 deg F)

No more than 12 hours. But it mat even be stale to the cat by then and
it would want fresh food and not be happy about eating it. Cat's are
very picky and choosy about their food.

2. In a tightly closed can in the room? (apartment temp 60 deg F)

12 Hours

3. In a tightly closed can in the refrigerator?

3 days max. But a lot of the goodness would be lost from the food the
longer you keep it exposed to the air. Cat also might not like overly
cool food from a refrigerator to eat.

We always get the whiskas pouches, and usually the cat eats up a whole
pouch in one serving, maybe leaves some a comes back later for more.
Sometime has more than a pouch.

As far as dry food goes it is the same situation. Once it is in his
bowl it will go stale very quickly. That's why we always found it best
to put out just a small handful and then when he's eaten it put a tiny
bit more out until its eaten. Luckily a lot of the dry food comes in
resealable bags. Even with these though, if it is a big bag the food
can go stale unless it is used fairly quickly, especially if it's not
resealed fully, or air is left in the package.

John