'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

Old February 21st 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default 'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

"cybercat" wrote:

I saw it on TV as well and noticed that even when just lying there his
breathing was labored.
-mhd

I wanted to slap that cheesy grin right off the guy's face. What a cruel
idiot.

My sentiments as well.
-mhd
Old February 21st 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In rec.pets.cats.anecdotes NMR wrote:

Which site Joyce if you are talking about local 6 site it is a news
channel website not a tabloid site all that stuff you see is happening or
has happened in Florida or the world

But the focus is totally on sensational stories, weird events, tragic
accidents, fires, killings, kidnappings, illnesses, scare stories. Didn't
see any world news on the site, although I only looked for a few minutes,
so maybe I missed it. But just the fact that it's easy to miss tells you
something about how prominent world issues are to that station.

I'm not saying the news is not real. I'm just talking about the focus on
the site - it's definitely tabloid material.

Joyce
Old February 21st 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

NMR wrote:
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I saw this on the news this morning. Poor kitty, it was really
pathetic that anyone would let their cat get that fat

Old February 21st 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

PawsForThought wrote:
NMR wrote:
http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

I saw this on the news this morning. Poor kitty, it was really
pathetic that anyone would let their cat get that fat

Poor thing. Cherokee was 25 lbs but he didn't look anything like that!

Old February 22nd 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:50:27 GMT, "NMR"
wrote:

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Perhaps it is being fattened for market.

Old February 22nd 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Helen Miles wrote:
"NMR" wrote in message
news
The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers
to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day./////

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel
sorry for the poor cat. (

Helen M

Undoubtedly the cat doesn't know any better. Poor thing! Here I thought
Persia was wickedly fat at 16 lbs.!

Jill

Old February 22nd 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 02:24:36 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Helen Miles wrote:
"NMR" wrote in message
news
The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers
to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day./////

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel
sorry for the poor cat. (

Helen M

Undoubtedly the cat doesn't know any better. Poor thing! Here I thought
Persia was wickedly fat at 16 lbs.!

The heaviest cat I ever had weighed 13 lb. He was a big cat, though.
He could stand on the floor and peek over the edge of the table to see
whether any goodies were on it. It was funny to be sitting at the
table and see this cat's head pop up across from me.

Old March 5th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Now if that is true that he has a slow metabolism I am sure there would be
ways to give him the nutrition he needs with out him gaining all that
weight.
Poor Kitty! BAD VET!

news