Stopping cat from using neighbor's garden as toilet.

Old March 20th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
rose ricciuto

Default Stopping cat from using neighbor's garden as toilet.

Try keeping your cat indoors and using a litter box - safer for the cat.

Old March 21st 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
.. .

"Baldoni" wrote
No problem at all. I guess it is a matter of choice. I get the feeling
from reading posts on these feelings that the cat is more likely to be
let outside in Europe than the USA. Why this is I don't know ?

Me either. It can't be because UK folks like the convenience of
not dealing with the litterbox and justify this using the "be fwee
wild fing" nonsense.

What I do know is that inside, your cat is at the mercy of known
risks, outside, not so much. And the known risks are different.
Inside: getting a collar tangled up, trying for a high leap and
falling, maybe a housefire.

Outside? ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE OUTSIDE. Including
other cats, dogs, people who will poison cats for pooping in
their gardens, people who enjoy hurting other living things, and
will actually torture and kill nice fat little tabbies, cars, and last but
not least--disease.

Just heard yet another story on the news about a man setting a cat on fire
and leaving it to die in an apartment parking lot (he knew the owner, a
teenaged girl). At least we have fairly stiff felony cruelty laws here in
Texas, but that doesn't seem to stop the psychos (guess what, surprise,
surprise, he had previous assault convictions on his record).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 21st 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

On Mar 21, 9:48 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"cybercat" wrote in message

.. .

"Baldoni" wrote
No problem at all. I guess it is a matter of choice. I get the feeling
from reading posts on these feelings that the cat is more likely to be

Likewise, over here we had some kids abuse a cat and left it to die...
someone found it, miraculously, still alive... but the losers had cut
ears off the cat.

I just heard (via a flyer at the pet store I go to) that the cat has
since been adopted.

That is a lucky cat. Many are not as fortunate.
Old March 21st 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"mc" wrote

Likewise, over here we had some kids abuse a cat and left it to die...
someone found it, miraculously, still alive... but the losers had cut
ears off the cat.

I just heard (via a flyer at the pet store I go to) that the cat has
since been adopted.

That is a lucky cat. Many are not as fortunate.

True, which is why I tend to rescue facility pets.

Old March 22nd 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

True, which is why I tend to rescue facility pets.

AMEN :-)

I tend to prefer the adult rescues myself. I really don't mind not
having the joy of a kitten running around my house. I prefer to give a
needy adult cat a good home. I don't care what they look like; I am
all about their personalities.... for which they are abundant.

I prefer to take in strays as well... cats that really need a good
home.

Too many people out there seem to want to have kittens for their
"cuteness" and then grow tired of them.

The best cats I have ever had were strays.
Old March 22nd 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:25:45 GMT from Baldoni :
deja.blues wrote on 18/03/2008 :
"sandy58" wrote in message
Urgent tips required as my neighbor is a nice person. :-)
TIA.

Keep it inside.

But what if the cat wants to go outdoors ? It will always want to go
out at some point. It is only natural.

what's your point? It's natural for humans to squat naked in caves
and eat bugs, but that doesn't mean it's desirable.

Seriously, it is a myth that cats "need" to roam outside, and what
cats want doesn't always match what is best for them.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old March 22nd 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

Stan Brown wrote in
t:

Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:25:45 GMT from Baldoni :
deja.blues wrote on 18/03/2008 :
"sandy58" wrote in message

m...
Urgent tips required as my neighbor is a nice person. :-)
TIA.

Keep it inside.

But what if the cat wants to go outdoors ? It will always want to go
out at some point. It is only natural.

what's your point? It's natural for humans to squat naked in caves
and eat bugs, but that doesn't mean it's desirable.

Seriously, it is a myth that cats "need" to roam outside, and what
cats want doesn't always match what is best for them.

Yeah, I want to eat 6 cheeseburgers with bacon and a gallon of ice-cream
each day but ....
Old March 22nd 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

I don't know... I can't wait for Sandy58 to come back and try to post
again... Wait til she finds out the stuff she purchased at the store
doesn't work.

Old March 22nd 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"mc" wrote

I don't know... I can't wait for Sandy58 to come back and try to post
again... Wait til she finds out the stuff she purchased at the store
doesn't work.

;-) Probably won't. Cats go where cats go. There's not really a whole lot
you can do about it when it comes to outdoor locations. Me, I'd just
consider it a little extra fertilizer and not worry about it!