A battle of wills with Tasha

Old December 20th 13, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A battle of wills with Tasha

On 12/19/2013 5:18 PM, Nik Simpson wrote:
"Nik Simpson" wrote in message

I allow Boyfie to eat his freshly caught mice in the house.
No reason not to, there's never any mess. OTOH, if he gets a collared
dove,
that's an outside job because of the feathers, he plucks them, eats
them,
and leaves the wings and tail. Even though he brings them back to
eat in
comfort, not in my house..

Tweed

Trouble is she operates a catch-n-release scheme which has led to mice
living in the house ;-)

--

Ah, she hasn't been taught the "killing bite" Boyfie was useless at
it at

Oh no, she can kill them when she wants to, she just likes to save them
for a rainy day sometimes ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Fortunately I haven't had any mice in my house in a long time. I
guarantee you Persia wouldn't know what to do with them. She wasn't
taught how to hunt by a mother cat and not by any other cat, either.

I certainly don't want a mouse infestation in my house. So I'm glad she
doesn't get a chance to bring them inside.

Jill
Old December 20th 13, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

That's the way Lindy was. She liked to play with her food, and always
brought it inside so it would have a harder time escaping. I used to keep a
"critter box" handy - a shoe box which I used to try to rescue whatever she
brought it. Most of the birds flew away when I released them. Often the
rodents didn't make it.

Joy

Old December 20th 13, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

On 12/19/2013 5:13 PM, Joy wrote:

That's the way Lindy was. She liked to play with her food, and always
brought it inside so it would have a harder time escaping. I used to keep a
"critter box" handy - a shoe box which I used to try to rescue whatever she
brought it. Most of the birds flew away when I released them. Often the
rodents didn't make it.

Joy

My suspicions were confirmed last week when I returned from a business
trip. When I'm out of town, the cat door is closed and the cats are
confined to quarters, yet somehow, there was dead mouse in the kitchen.
The cats all denied any knowledge of how it got there ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

Old December 20th 13, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/20/2013 10:51 AM, Nik Simpson wrote:
On 12/19/2013 5:13 PM, Joy wrote:

That's the way Lindy was. She liked to play with her food, and always
brought it inside so it would have a harder time escaping. I used to
keep a
"critter box" handy - a shoe box which I used to try to rescue
whatever she
brought it. Most of the birds flew away when I released them. Often the
rodents didn't make it.

Joy

My suspicions were confirmed last week when I returned from a business
trip. When I'm out of town, the cat door is closed and the cats are
confined to quarters, yet somehow, there was dead mouse in the kitchen.
The cats all denied any knowledge of how it got there ;-)

--
Nik Simpson

I've only ever had a mouse in the house once since Persia came to live
with me. When we lived in Tennessee, I used to feed her in the entryway
right next to the kitchen. Her food was stored in the kitchen pantry.
One morning she started to walk into the kitchen, then stopped in her
tracks. There was a dead mouse on the floor. Honestly, she had nothing
to do with it. It just died. She refused to go into the room until I
disposed of it.

Mice have their ways of getting in. Fortunately it's not (so far) been
a problem here in South Carolina.

Jill
Old December 20th 13, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On 12/19/2013 5:13 PM, Joy wrote:

[...]

I guess some of them must get old enough to die of old age.
Old December 20th 13, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/19/2013 5:13 PM, Joy wrote:

[...]

It got cold in West TN, so I guess it came in (somehow) to seek warmth.
And just died.

Jill
Old December 20th 13, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 12/19/2013 5:13 PM, Joy wrote:

[...]

That reminds me of the first time Tawny (RB) saw a mouse. He was fairly
young at the time, and we'd only had him a couple of months. A mouse ran
across the kitchen floor, so one of us got him and set him down where he
could see it, thinking he would dispatch it for us. He took one look,
turned and ran.

Joy

Old December 20th 13, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"I've only ever had a mouse in the house once since Persia came to live
with me. When we lived in Tennessee, I used to feed her in the entryway
right next to the kitchen. Her food was stored in the kitchen pantry.
One morning she started to walk into the kitchen, then stopped in her
tracks. There was a dead mouse on the floor. Honestly, she had nothing
to do with it. It just died. She refused to go into the room until I
disposed of it.

Mice have their ways of getting in. Fortunately it's not (so far) been
a problem here in South Carolina.

I guess some of them must get old enough to die of old age.

Not here, they don't. No mice in the house unless he brings one in for my
breakfast.
Living on the edge of countryside, woodmice would sometimes come in. Daisy
whippet would alert me. "Mouse in the house" and then she'd catch it.
Whippets are good at mousing.

Old December 20th 13, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nik Simpson[_2_]

On 12/20/2013 10:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 12/20/2013 10:51 AM, Nik Simpson wrote:

I've only ever had a mouse in the house once since Persia came to live
with me. When we lived in Tennessee, I used to feed her in the entryway
right next to the kitchen. Her food was stored in the kitchen pantry.
One morning she started to walk into the kitchen, then stopped in her
tracks. There was a dead mouse on the floor. Honestly, she had nothing
to do with it. It just died. She refused to go into the room until I
disposed of it.

Mice have their ways of getting in. Fortunately it's not (so far) been
a problem here in South Carolina.

Jill

This one definitely didn't die of natural causes, my three cats are all
very good at catching mice, they just don't always bother to kill them
immediately.

--
Nik Simpson

Old December 21st 13, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

On 12/19/2013 5:13 PM, Joy wrote:

[...]

Or could it have been poisoned? If a neighbor is having trouble with mice,
maybe they put down poison in their house.

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.