A (Cat's) Profile In Courage

Old June 28th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default A (Cat's) Profile In Courage

Oh Cat, you made me cry!! Again!!
*sniff* You are such a wonderful person, and Tayla is such a lucky
kitty.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Tayla, after having been treated so horrible by human, after having by
thrown out to fend for herself and her kittens, after being separated from
her kittens, after all the scary things that were done to her showed me the
greatest courage I've ever know - the courage to trust and to love again. I
can only hope to live up to her faith in me and reward her love with as love
as great as a mere human can give in return.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters hehttp://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old June 28th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Tayla,
My Paw told me you had a hard life up to now but you can relax. You hit
the "Meowmie and Paw" jackpot! Purrs that things go well for you from
now on. And remember that sometimes bitties just need to be smacked!

Mistletoe
Old June 28th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"sam" wrote in message
Tayla,
My Paw told me you had a hard life up to now but you can relax. You hit
the "Meowmie and Paw" jackpot! Purrs that things go well for you from now
on. And remember that sometimes bitties just need to be smacked!

Mistletoe

That's the advantage a momma cat has. She knows!

Molly has a certain confidence and swagger. She raised a family all by
herself, and she doesn't take any guff from anyone.

Jo

Old June 28th 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jun 27, 1:02 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I am amazed by the courage of cats. We all know the story of Scarlet and
how she continued to run back into a burning warehouse to rescue her kittens
even through her ears were burned to nubs. But I am also in awe of the
everyday, quite courage displayed by the cats in our lives - from Tak's
Betty, facing pain yet still able to shoe her love to Tak, to my Bandit,
who, though blind, continued to roam the house and take on all comers.
There is another brave little girl in my life now...

Little Tayla was thrown out when she became pregnant - she was made to pay
the price for her humans' stupidity, but she bore her kittens and cared for
them as best she could on scraps scrounged from garbage cans (and her little
body paid the price for her sacrifice, compromising her immune system and
making her ill).

Tayla and her kittens were picked up by strangers and brought to a place
with dozens of other cats trapped in cages all around her and barking dogs
in the background (PetsMart's don training ring is kept right next to the
cat adoption center!!!) The rescue personnel were pretty sure she was
either treed by a dog or had to defend her kittens against one because she
went ballistic whenever a dog passed by her cage - but *NOT* trying to run
from them, she tried to get out and attack them!

Tayla was separated from her kittens as soon as they could be weaned (the
rescue personnel wanted them to be adopted without the adopter "having" to
take Tayla also - a cruel but necessary tactic to place as many cats as they
can. She tried, at every opportunity, to escape from her cage and get to
her kittens, but she watched them leave, one by one, until she was left
there alone in a cage with no more hope of ever seeing her kittens again.

When I knelt down by her cage, she looked up at me with her green, green
eyes and did not flinch as I reached out my hand to scratch her ears. She
didn't try to escape her cage - there was no reason to now that her kittens
had gone. She lay there resigned to her fate and watched me walk away and
leave her - she didn't know I was only going home to get Ben to come and see
her.

Tayla was put into a tiny cardboard box, and because the rescue was so busy
had to stay in that box for over 2 hours (cats and kittens were coming in so
fast they needed her cage). The cardboard box was then picked up and
carried into a larger, noisy box, and then carried into a strange place
smelling of strange cats.

I was expecting Tayla to dash out of the box when it was opened an hide
under the nearest piece of furniture for at least a week or so. But Tayla
surprised me again! She jumped out of her cardboard prison and immediately
walked over to me and gave me a head-but! Then she walked over the where
Ben was sitting on the floor and climbed onto his lap and rolled over onto
her back for belly rubs!!!

Ever since we brought her home she has been loving, patient when we have to
give her medicine, and purrs every time she sees either one of us. The only
time I've seen her even look a little worried was when we had to put her in
a carrier to take her to the vet - and even then she was calm and didn't
panic, she just gave a few worried and inquisitive meows.

Tayla, after having been treated so horrible by human, after having by
thrown out to fend for herself and her kittens, after being separated from
her kittens, after all the scary things that were done to her showed me the
greatest courage I've ever know - the courage to trust and to love again. I
can only hope to live up to her faith in me and reward her love with as love
as great as a mere human can give in return.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters hehttp://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

It is hard to hold back the tear while reading your post.
I am sure Tayla's days from now on with you are the best in her life.

Winnie

Old June 28th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
Tayla was put into a tiny cardboard box, and because the rescue was so busy
had to stay in that box for over 2 hours (cats and kittens were coming in so
fast they needed her cage). The cardboard box was then picked up and
carried into a larger, noisy box, and then carried into a strange place
smelling of strange cats.

I was expecting Tayla to dash out of the box when it was opened an hide
under the nearest piece of furniture for at least a week or so. But Tayla
surprised me again! She jumped out of her cardboard prison and immediately
walked over to me and gave me a head-but! Then she walked over the where
Ben was sitting on the floor and climbed onto his lap and rolled over onto
her back for belly rubs!!!

She must be a wise girl who can sniff out a good situation
immediately. Just like Bandit was a such a wise girl that she was
able to tell a good home from the outside.

Old June 28th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Or can read the invisible-to-humans sign across the forehead that says
"SUCKER"! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 3rd 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:
I am amazed by the courage of cats. We all know the story of Scarlet and
how she continued to run back into a burning warehouse to rescue her kittens
even through her ears were burned to nubs. But I am also in awe of the
everyday, quite courage displayed by the cats in our lives - from Tak's
Betty, facing pain yet still able to shoe her love to Tak, to my Bandit,
who, though blind, continued to roam the house and take on all comers.
There is another brave little girl in my life now...

Little Tayla was thrown out when she became pregnant - she was made to pay
the price for her humans' stupidity, but she bore her kittens and cared for
them as best she could on scraps scrounged from garbage cans (and her little
body paid the price for her sacrifice, compromising her immune system and
making her ill).

snip
Tayla, after having been treated so horrible by human, after having by
thrown out to fend for herself and her kittens, after being separated from
her kittens, after all the scary things that were done to her showed me the
greatest courage I've ever know - the courage to trust and to love again. I
can only hope to live up to her faith in me and reward her love with as love
as great as a mere human can give in return.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

So many brave, courageous, amazing kitties!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 7th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Oh, Catnipped, you made me cry!

What a wonderful story. I am so glad that Tayla and you found each
other, and may you have many years of love and happiness (and I hope her
kittens do, too).

Ginger-lyn

A (Cat's) Profile In Courage CatNipped[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 10 July 2nd 07 01:43 PM
Purrayers for courage... Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 14 March 8th 07 07:03 PM
Still trying to cat's up..... kilikini Cat anecdotes 26 May 25th 06 09:49 PM
Your cat's name? Ann Cat anecdotes 46 November 2nd 05 12:17 AM
picture in my profile bluecu Cats - misc 0 May 3rd 05 06:41 PM