Didn't get it :o(

Old August 10th 05, 10:04 AM
Helen Miles

Default Didn't get it :o(

Got notified by the Welsh Assembley today. I didn't get the job. (

I'm finding this really hard. I'm either too over qualified, too under
qualified, have the wrong qualifications, or all 3. It's really very
depressing.

Helen M

Old August 10th 05, 11:03 AM
Exocat

"Helen Miles" wrote
Got notified by the Welsh Assembley today. I didn't get the job. (
I'm finding this really hard. I'm either too over qualified, too under
qualified, have the wrong qualifications, or all 3. It's really very
depressing.

Really sorry to hear this. Did you learn which of the 3 causes
applied on this occasion?

Purrs that an even better opportunity comes along soon

G & the FF

Old August 10th 05, 11:06 AM
Lesley

So sorry to hear that- this is the second time you;ve been close isn;t
it?

Here;s to third time lucky!!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 10th 05, 12:30 PM
Gabey8

I'm sorry to hear that. (

Believe me, I know the sentiments EXACTLY. I got downsized out of a tech
job in 2001, and it took me until THIS YEAR to finally find a permanent
job instead of the various temp jobs I'd been able to line up. (In fact,
last week was when I passed the 90-day new-hire probation period. So this
is a *really* recent thing.)

If there is something more aggravating and demoralizing than being passed
over for a job you KNOW you're qualified for, I don't know what it is (and
I don't think I want to know).

All I can say is, remember to send the thank-you notes to these places for
the interview, and if there's a way to keep networking with any of these
people, do it.

And most important, *don't give up*. We're all purring and praying for
you.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old August 10th 05, 12:31 PM
Annie Wxill

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:00d9ae1f60b11e41cab5bcd30d805dc1.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Got notified by the Welsh Assembley today. I didn't get the job. (

Helen M

Hugs to you, Helen. As good as this job may have seemed, there may be
something better in your future. I hope it shows up soon.
Annie

Old August 10th 05, 12:41 PM
wafflycat

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:00d9ae1f60b11e41cab5bcd30d805dc1.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Got notified by the Welsh Assembley today. I didn't get the job. (

I'm finding this really hard. I'm either too over qualified, too under
qualified, have the wrong qualifications, or all 3. It's really very
depressing.

Helen M

Ack - I know what you mean. But it's their loss. Keep at it - you *will* get
the right job.

Cheers, helen s

Old August 10th 05, 01:29 PM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
Got notified by the Welsh Assembley today. I didn't get the job. (

I'm finding this really hard. I'm either too over qualified, too under
qualified, have the wrong qualifications, or all 3. It's really very
depressing.

Helen M

{{{{{{{{Helen}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry you didn't get the job, it sounded perfect for you. I think
it's their loss.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 10th 05, 01:37 PM
SuzQ

Bummer! Comiserations Helen.
Suz

Old August 10th 05, 01:43 PM
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:
Got notified by the Welsh Assembley today. I didn't get the job. (

I'm finding this really hard. I'm either too over qualified, too under
qualified, have the wrong qualifications, or all 3. It's really very
depressing.

Helen M

I'm so sorry to hear this, Helen. I know the feeling. You're qualified,
but you aren't. It's a PITA. Purrs for something else to come along.

Jill

Old August 10th 05, 01:47 PM
CatNipped

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:00d9ae1f60b11e41cab5bcd30d805dc1.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Got notified by the Welsh Assembley today. I didn't get the job. (

I'm finding this really hard. I'm either too over qualified, too under
qualified, have the wrong qualifications, or all 3. It's really very
depressing.

Helen M

{{{{{{{{{{Helen}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry! I know you were looking forward to
this. However, this just means that your perfect job is still out there
waiting for you Definitely get some feedback from the interviewers on what
you can improve on for your next interveiw (most don't mind this at all).

Purring that your perfect job hurries up and finds you!

Hugs,

CatNipped