Another small step for Lorelei.

Old December 5th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default Another small step for Lorelei.

owrz soft fized diz purlim beclawz da tiger HATED ifin hizown fudz wuzint
inna szatlee pwaze, so da soft getted emz steel bowlz onna stand, den hersef
putted demselvez inna glazz bakin dish anna putted in waterz, da antz
kuldint getsa fudz, so we kuld eat wif no unwanted geztz, OEJ
"Booker" wrote in message
Way to go, Lorelei!!

Booker

In dis houze weze take fudz whereevur dey show up. An wen itz antz tyme,
da fudz muv a lot.

On 12/3/2010 9:38 PM, Gandalf wrote:
This evening I went to look for Lorelei in the bedroom, to give her some
scritches.

She wasn't in the bedroom.

So I went down to the basement, to coax her back upstairs.

She wasn't in the basement, either.

I looked around, and found her meatloafing on a dining room chair, right
next to the cat tree, just below the 2nd level from the floor.

I have her bowl of kibble on the lowest level, which sits right on the
floor.

I approached her slowly, and she let me give her scritches and some
petting.

The next time I looked, she was back in the bedroom.

Probably, I should have just left her alone, and not approached her, but
I wanted to give her some 'positive reinforcement'.

Where she was, she could see me in the living room, but she was partly
concealed by being under the dining room table.

Little steps...

Old December 6th 10, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Little steps...

Excellent progress! It does come in small steps.
Old December 6th 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Dec 4, 1:38*am, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

Effryfing goink akkording to cawshuss cat prowtowcall.
I know dat, beclawz I born a cawshuss kitty, an I hab roolz to asshure
mine sayfty.
Da sayftee rools ar neffur browkin.
MeOwy, sayf n saound.
Old December 6th 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
snuffy

I think you did just fine. You are a wonderful man to have given that
rotten woman money for her poor cat which may or not even have been
her cat. Seems that Lorelei did not have a good life before she met
you. People say you shouldnt move her food dish around but have you
tried treats. My cat is mad for them. also catnip.

Old December 6th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:52:53 -0800 (PST), snuffy
wrote:

I think you did just fine. You are a wonderful man to have given that
rotten woman money for her poor cat which may or not even have been
her cat. Seems that Lorelei did not have a good life before she met
you. People say you shouldnt move her food dish around but have you
tried treats. My cat is mad for them. also catnip.

I bought some catnip for Lorelei, but she didn't react to it at all.

What kind of treats do you give your cat?

I asked Lorelei's previous human about what treats Lorelei likes, but
she didn't answer me

I hate to go out and buy treats, at random.

When I adopted Kenzie, her humans made SURE that I knew that the ONLY
treat she really liked was potato chips.

I would NEVER have found that out on my own, since I never buy potato
for myself.

I used to buy the little 'lunch' sized bags of potato chips for Kenzie.

She knew the sound the package made when I opened it, and would come
running.

How I miss Kenzie

It would be nice to find something that Lorelei likes as much.

Old December 7th 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 23:42:24 GMT,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)'s nimble,
little paws typed:

I used to buy the little 'lunch' sized bags of potato chips for Kenzie.

She knew the sound the package made when I opened it, and would come
running.

How I miss Kenzie

It would be nice to find something that Lorelei likes as much.

Awww,

Datz furry tuchink, Unka Gandalf!

We kittiez iz funny 'bowt whut we eetz, so don't
be dissapointed if you can't find a treet dat she
wikes.

Fur eggsample, I eets only mine kibble and
nuffink else. Nope, nuffink! Mine hooman tried
umpteem millyun gushy fuds, and awlwayz offerz me
whut hez eetink. I cawshusly sniff, buttid nebber
eet dems! Nebber!

He'z offered me steak, shrimpz, lopster, sooshi,
chickum - awl kindza hooman fuds, and lotza canned
and bagged kitty treetz. I hab neffur eeten one ob
dems! Nebber! And I iz nine yeerz owld!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

12/6/2010 7:19:50 PM
Old December 7th 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I hope you are not missing Kenzie so much you aren't letting Lorelei into
your heart. That would be a shame for both of you.

Old December 7th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

"ingold1234[(Gandalf)" wrote

What kind of treats do you give your cat?

Meowmie gives all sorts of wunnerful ones!

My favorite, warmed pig blood. WOW! You jus bury your head in it and start
sucking then youz gets to lick it off the doggies muzzles where dey are too
dumb to reach it offen their furry bits. Dez just smart enough to help you
clean up so youz got dis big likky-fest. Iz the one time, I don't mind
fixin my doo back up.

Raw shrimpie heads! I'z eat all the best parts den drops them on the
doggiez. Dey are efficient at garbage disposal of da rest.

Mabel Anne, our new doggiez got pork blood tonite. She's acting like a
little puppy which is kinda funny for Aunte Mabel. She's sumfing like 70 or
80 in hoomin years.

Wez got lots of turkey bird while it lasted. Now wez got dried duck and
chicken jerkey bits. I gets bits of dem too even if dey come from doggie
bags. Dey *taste* just as good to me!

Daisy-chan the Magnificent!

Old December 7th 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:24:29 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

I hope you are not missing Kenzie so much you aren't letting Lorelei into
your heart. That would be a shame for both of you.

There is no chance of that happening: Lorelei is far too sweet!

And, she is helping to fill the hole in my heart left by Kenzie going to
the Bridge.