Thank you RPCA

Old December 15th 03, 12:18 AM
Cheryl

Default Thank you RPCA

I never signed up for the Holiday Card list, this year or last when I
joined your family. I've never been good with cards and I didn't want to
take on something I couldn't follow through with.

I sit here in tears tonight reading my mail. I asked my parents along
yesterday to go to Eric's gravesite and help me decorate it for Christmas.
I felt sort of silly because I've always been more of a logical person but
with a strong emotional side. Though I thought it was silly I needed to do
it any way. I read something on the TCF website stating how we shared the
holidays and all the festivities and ritual that it need not stop in death.
If it makes me feel better to put a wreath and some winter flowers and
greenery on my son's grave, then by all means do it. We stood and cried
and held hands. My mother brought me some things she'd been saving up to
give me since we hadn't seen each other in a few weeks and she handed me a
stack of mail. I have all the cards in front of me and you are all in my
prayers (I've read the "purrs and prayers" thread and hoping I'm not
offending anyone, I pray for happiness for you any way). You have done
something special even if you don't realize the impact. I lit my candle
for "Childrens Remembrance Day" even though I wanted to go to his gravesite
to do it, the weather just didn't allow it tonight. Thank you. You're
special people.

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Worldwide Candle Lighting in Memory of all Children, Dec 14, 2003 7pm in
all time zones
http://thecompassionatefriends.org/2...L/2003_wcl.htm
http://thecompassionatefriends.org/2003_WWCL/senres.htm

-this in memory of my Eric-
Old December 15th 03, 01:07 AM
Brenda

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

sending a big hug and some special purrs your way.
Brenda

Old December 15th 03, 03:34 AM
Hopitus2

You are *not* silly or anything else to want to honor Eric's memory in these
ways. Pray all you want for whomever you want; that dude is a troll and is
not running this ng. Purrs and meatloaf meditations to you specially Cheryl.
I didn't sign up for the card thing as I'm too busy.

"Brenda" wrote in message
:
: "Cheryl" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: --
: Cheryl
:

Old December 15th 03, 04:23 AM
Annie Wxill

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.... I have all the cards in front of me and you are all in my
prayers (I've read the "purrs and prayers" thread and hoping I'm not
offending anyone, I pray for happiness for you any way). You have done
something special even if you don't realize the impact. I lit my candle
for "Childrens Remembrance Day" even though I wanted to go to his

gravesite
to do it, the weather just didn't allow it tonight. Thank you. You're
special people.
Cheryl

Cheryl,
I also have not signed up for the card exchange, although I think it is a
great idea. (Maybe next year.) So, while you won't get a card from me, I
want you to know that I have you on my mind and wish you peace during this
holiday season and beyond.
Annie

Old December 15th 03, 07:07 AM
LOL

Cheryl wrote in message ...

(strategic snipping)

when I joined your family. ----- key phrase

--
Cheryl

Cheryl, you didn't have to sign up; the marvelous rpca'er who kept the
list this year added you automatically, and she wasn't the only one to
think of you. RPCA *is* a family, and we love you. And holidays are
to be shared with family, whether close to you, far away in distance,
or moved on to another world. We are sending purrs, hopes, and
controversial prayers for a happy and peaceful holiday for you and
yours.

------
Krista
Old December 15th 03, 07:14 AM
Lois Reay

"Cheryl" wrote in message

to do it, the weather just didn't allow it tonight. Thank you. You're
special people.
Cheryl

Cheryl,
I also have not signed up for the card exchange, although I think it is a
great idea. (Maybe next year.) So, while you won't get a card from me, I
want you to know that I have you on my mind and wish you peace during this
holiday season and beyond.
Annie

Cheryl, I want you to know that I think about you often and wonder how you
are doing.

I didn't sign up either for the card exchange - I think it is a very good
idea but I just don't have the time.

You have to do what makes you happy.

Wishing you a peaceful festive season and best wishes for 2004.

Lois

Old December 15th 03, 05:42 PM
Marina

I wanted to add my thank yous to this thread. I did sign up for the card
exchange, and I will do it as long as there is one and I can afford the
cost. It is so worth it.

I've been having different medical problems all autumn, and furthermore, I
have grown to hate my job more and more for each day. Today was the absolute
sh***iest day I have ever had, with a doc's appointment and an X-ray
appointment, and people at work shoving more and more work at me that I'm
supposed to complete before Yule, and my head was just buzzing when I got
home late...

.... and when I step in the door, there is a huge pile of envelopes on the
doormat, and the cats are milling around, demanding food (I thought). I feed
the cats, stick some food in the oven for myself, and sit down with the
cards. Frank comes over and wants up in my lap. He has hardly sniffed the
food, he just wants to welcome Meowmie home, I try to open the envelopes
while Frank is rubbing himself all over me. So many beautiful and funny
cards, and the beautiful bookmark from Julie. Thank you thank you thank you
everyone!!! You all, and the cats of course, saved my day.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 15th 03, 06:03 PM
Nan

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:42:45 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

[...]

I know how hard it is to do your best in a job that you have come to
hate. I had a boss one time who insisted that everything had to be
entered into the computer before we could leave that evening, after we
had worked all day counting everything. I was there by 8:00 a.m. and
didn't leave until 3:00 a.m. the next day. It would have been a
little different if I was paid overtime, but I was salaried so that
they could get out of paying overtime. That is the only boss that I
ever had that I hated the very ground that she walked on.

I hope your health problems are nothing serious and that you'll be
able to rest over the holidays.

The furkids are sending comforting purrs and meatloaf meditations that
you'll be able to complete everything that's been thrown at you
without too much stress.

Hugs,

Nan
Old December 15th 03, 08:37 PM
Annie Wxill

"Marina" wrote in message
.... I've been having different medical problems all autumn, and
furthermore, I
have grown to hate my job more and more for each day. .. --
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Marina,
I remember how hopeful you were about your new job and your new apartment.
I'm sorry the job has not turned out as you expected. Isn't it great how our
cats can help us de-stress? And it was good to hear that you also had the
cards to help boost your spirits.
I hope that you are feeling better and that your forever job finds you soon
so that you will feel less stressed.
Annie

Old December 15th 03, 08:37 PM
Karen

Purrs, Marina, for your health and your job to get better. I know what you
mean about work! This las week has been VERY bad. Some days, due to flu and
other illnesses I was the ONLY one here in my department and we have billing
coming up. I also have my final week for the two classes I teach and grading
is merciless. I'm so exhausted and Christmas is never restful as I have to
plan for going home and getting a cat sitter and driving 10 hours there and
10 hours back. I am looking forward to Jan.

I will try my best, everyone to get my cards out before the 30th, but I'm
afraid they have to be "Holiday" cards as I am so swamped, mostly due to
everyone being sick in some way or another.

Many purrs to all of you having difficulty with health and to Cheryl with an
especially hard season. We so want to group hug you. Happy Yule and here's
to a better year for all.

Karen