Animal Cruelty Investigation

Old October 1st 04, 10:05 PM
su-texas, susan

Default Animal Cruelty Investigation

How do you get an investigation of animal cruelty? I reported it on or
about August 20 to the police, but it still has not been investigated.

Their pathetic excuse for an animal control officer (John List*r)
won't investigate complaints, esp. if one of his buddies is the
abuser.

The DA & judges in this county & district, are bad jokes, criminals,
so there's no help there.

So, how do I get an investigation of animal cruelty started, done, in
East Texas?

Thanks.

Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

===============

Anything with the government takes forever, or just doesn't happen.
They don't seem to care.
Ann

===============

From:
(Professor)

The Texas State government doesn't give a damn about animals.

The TV show Animal Cops Houston documents abuses and often the
perpetrators escape justice.

My advice? Move away from that hell hole.

In Massachusetts they investigate animal cruelty reposts very
aggressively and hand out stiff fines. No big surprise there.

==================

From:
(DavidĀ*GĀ*Fisher)

If you need help, try
www.aldf.org They have lawyers, etc. that will
assist you.

And to hell with those scumbags in Texas. An eye for an eye (and more)
is hopefully what they will be forced to deal with someday.

Dave

===================

From: (KenĀ*Wolman)

Animal cruelty in New Jersey is a vigorously pursued and prosecuted.

I volunteer at an SPCA in central Jersey, where we have cats and dogs
taken from "owners" who either severely neglected them or, in the case
of the dogs, trained them for fighting. Right, pit bulls.

Our ACOs in central Jersey are kept real busy and so are the shelter
workers.

I am not entirely sure of the penalties that can be imposed.

The animal cruelty statutes gave a lot about "Disorderly Persons"
offenses with respect to cruelty cases, but I'm not sure that felony
charges are involved unless--as with an Asbury Park pit bull
breeder--illegal gaming is also an issue. We have his dogs, save for
the three who had actually killed other dogs and had to be put down.

Looking again, the penalties even for ghastly crimes are often
ludicrous:

"y. Knowingly sell or barter or offer for sale or barter, at wholesale
or retail, for human consumption, the flesh of a domestic dog or cat
or any product made in whole or in part from the flesh of a domestic
dog or cat-- Shall forfeit and pay a sum not to exceed $250, except in
the case of a violation of subsection t.

[abandonment] a mandatory sum of $500, and $1,000 if the violation
occurs on or near a roadway, and in the case of a violation of
subsection x. or y. a sum not to exceed $1,000 for each domestic dog
or cat fur or fur or hair product or domestic dog or cat carcass or
meat product, to be sued for and recovered, with costs, in a civil
action by any person in the name of the New Jersey Society for the
Prevention of Cruelty to Animals."

In other words you can sell cats and dogs as food or for their hair
and fur, and it won't cost you more than a grand? Someone in Jersey is
nuts.

The saddest part is that heinous crimes against animals can buy
relatively short prison sentences.

I was told by a coworker who lives in Pennsylvania, and who is active
in her local rescue groups that some fiend soaked a kitten in lighter
fluid, and set it afire. The poor kitten--it was crying when found by
a neighbor who doused the flames after he saw it run out of the
house--was put down because it had burns over 90% of its body. The
crime for which this cat deserved a horrible death? The "owner" freely
and without remorse admitted he got it as a pet, but it defecated on
the floor and then scratched his kid, who was probably teasing it. He
didn't see a problem with what he did. His sentence? Six months to two
years in jail. Not bad but not enough. And it would be nice if the
judge could have declared that this sick ******* could never again
have an animal in his care, but how do you enforce that? Put a
microchip in the guy's neck?

Ken

=================

From:
(SteveĀ*Keeler)

Call the Houston SPCA. They have responsibility for investigating most
of the counties around H-town; if they don't cover your county, they
should know who will.
see:
http://www.spcahouston.org/spcahouston/Default.asp

==================

Thank you for your replies. I didn't realize that rec.pets.cats
wasn't being archived any more.

I'm still working to get help, for the animals & for myself. Texas
sux!

The bad judges, DAs, & other politicians seem to be running &
controlling this whole state, as their own sadistic criminal
enterprise. And law-enforcement acts as their "hired guns", their
enforcers. No laws matter here.

Susan, Su_Texas my opinions
Old October 1st 04, 10:58 PM
CatNipped

Where in east Texas?

Hugs,

CatNipped

om...

From:
(Professor)

The Texas State government doesn't give a damn about animals.

The TV show Animal Cops Houston documents abuses and often the
perpetrators escape justice.

My advice? Move away from that hell hole.

In Massachusetts they investigate animal cruelty reposts very
aggressively and hand out stiff fines. No big surprise there.

==================

From:
(David G Fisher)

Old October 2nd 04, 05:05 AM

Panola County Texas, close to Louisiana border.

Susan, Su_Texas

Old October 2nd 04, 05:05 AM

Old October 2nd 04, 05:50 AM
MaryL

wrote in message
Panola County Texas, close to Louisiana border.

Susan, Su_Texas

It sounds like you may be only 60-70 miles from me. We would call either
the Humane Society or our local chapter of Alley Cat Allies. They do the
paperwork and take custody of abused animals; the sheriff or a deputy
accompanies them. If that is not an option for you, I would suggest that
you contact the editor of your newspaper. A good newspaper article can do
wonders to stir up some action.

MaryL

Old October 2nd 04, 11:33 AM

quote: the sheriff or a deputy accompanies them.

===========

The sheriff's dept, the police dept (their animal control officer), &
members of my birth-family, ... are the ones charged with neglect &
cruelty of animals (my dogs & cats).

They're the ones who need to be investigated, Not the ones who'll be
doing the investigation.

The DA & judges here are very bad, corrupt, sleazy, low-life thugs. For
many years, they've aided & abetted my birth-family in abusing, harming
& robbing me, ... including the theft of my trust fund (many hundreds of
thousands of dollars), of which I just got proof, from some paperwork
the IRS sent me.

In early August, false charges were filed against me (with the bad DA,
by my birth-family), & I was incarcerated for 15 days, during which time
my cats were left to starve. My dogs were taken by a local vet, but I
don't know after how many days.

While I was incarcerated, my birth-family robbed my home, stole my
vehicle, & tried to leave me completely homeless, destitute. On my
release & afterwards, they refused to give me money for a hotel or for
rent, or to replace my clothes, medical equipment, etc. I'm very
injured & have third-stage cancer, so this is serious.

Some of the dogs look injured, but I won't be allowed near them, until
the animal neglect & cruelty charges against the sheriff's dept &
others, have been checked out. And I can't get an investigation.

In early August (when I was arrested, "detained" on the false charges),
the sheriff's deputy repeatedly assured me, that these animals would be
cared for, would be protected.

I repeatedly told the deputies, that my birth-family tortures & kills
animals, & were not to get near my dogs & cats. This was obviously
disregarded. The deputy lied. My pets were harmed. I need an
investigation of this.

Here, the sheriff & police are in the DA's pocket, & won't do anything
to offend him. They're his hired guns, his enforcers, his goons. They
enforce the DA's & his buddies' crimes. They're Not there for us.
Here, they are the criminals, the bad guys who harm.

The news agencies say, that they won't touch any story which has to do
with elected officials, such as bad DAs & judges.

This is an extremely bad & dangerous situation.

Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

PS Advice: It's best to avoid Texas & Louisiana, due to the bad legal
systems & the extreme corruption in govt here. The bad DA & judges can
do any crimes they want.

Old October 5th 04, 06:00 AM
Cat Protector

Take action on the state level. Certainly Texas has an attorney general?
BTW, the police can't control the media so I would take the suggestion of
getting the editor of the local paper to do a story.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com