kitten across street breaking my heart

Old November 10th 03, 09:32 AM
P. Cox

Default kitten across street breaking my heart

The neighbor girl across the street has gotten a kitten. Its a little
orange eared and tailed siamease like cat. It is an outside cat because
the lady of the house is allergic. But it is 4am and the little guy is
sitting outside their door meowing, I remember when my scat was a kitten
it was 3am I was always awakened by a cold nose and meow wanting to
play and a bit of a snack, little tummies get hungry in the middle of
the night. Scat grew out of it and I am sure the little guy across the
street will too but the little guy has a loud voice and I can hear it
all the way over here in my house and it makes me so sad cause he just
prolly like scat was just a bit lonely and hungry. I wish they had
gotten 2 kittens so they could of kept each other company so they could
be snuggling togther right now instead of meowing at the door. peace, p

Old November 10th 03, 10:07 AM

P. Cox wrote:

The neighbor girl across the street has gotten a kitten. Its a little
orange eared and tailed siamease like cat. It is an outside cat because
the lady of the house is allergic. But it is 4am and the little guy is
sitting outside their door meowing

Do you think your neighbors would mind if you put out a little food for
him? He also sounds lonely and probably wants company. What a sad life for
a kitten - he's probably too young to be stuck outside all night!

Joyce
Old November 10th 03, 10:27 PM
polonca12000

I really think the kitty should be inside, especially since the winter
approaches.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"P. Cox" wrote in message
The neighbor girl across the street has gotten a kitten. Its a little
orange eared and tailed siamease like cat. It is an outside cat because
the lady of the house is allergic. snip

Old November 11th 03, 05:02 AM
Marina

"P. Cox" wrote
The neighbor girl across the street has gotten a kitten. Its a little
orange eared and tailed siamease like cat. It is an outside cat because
the lady of the house is allergic. But it is 4am and the little guy is
sitting outside their door meowing, I remember when my scat was a kitten
it was 3am I was always awakened by a cold nose and meow wanting to
play and a bit of a snack, little tummies get hungry in the middle of
the night. Scat grew out of it and I am sure the little guy across the
street will too but the little guy has a loud voice and I can hear it
all the way over here in my house and it makes me so sad cause he just
prolly like scat was just a bit lonely and hungry. I wish they had
gotten 2 kittens so they could of kept each other company so they could
be snuggling togther right now instead of meowing at the door. peace, p

The poor little guy. Many purrs that his situation improves, maybe by some
creative thinking on your part?... ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 11th 03, 06:37 AM
Allegra640

This sort of cruelty exemplifies why I love animals more than people.
Old November 12th 03, 05:56 AM
Sherry

That's just plain sad, and it bothers me. What's the kitten going to do for
shelter this winter? Besides being cold, she is going to be *lonely*. Siamese
especiaally need their people. If she had a companion it would be better, but
that would be bad too. Then there would be 2 cats stuck outside in the cold. I
just feel bad about this.

Sherry
Old November 12th 03, 04:02 PM
P. Cox

oh, I have no problem with him being outside, this is florida so the
weather other than a few days in the winter are pretty temperate. This
is a fairly safe neighborhood away from busy roads and such. He is just
lonely at night I'm sure, he needs one of his littermates. I locked
myself out the night before last and had to go knock on the window to
get someone to let me in but the kitten heard me and I think rather
enjoyed the 5 times I tried to take him home and get him to stay there.
I have 3 adult strays outside and they are happy cats but solidary cats
that don't seem to like the company of other cats(especially little
orange eared kittens, sigh). On the otherhand mom has 2 adult outdoor
cats from the same litter and they won't eat til they both are at the
food bowls and like to lounge around in each others company. Its just
depends on the cat, my scat prefers to be a only cat, I had 2 cats, scat
and biggers(both inside) and they never interacted togther. Sadly
biggers is now RB and scat never really ever seemed to miss her after
she was gone. I do think that kittens raised with other cats are more
cat social normally tho, more tolerant to the introduction of a new cat.
I noticed they leave the screened door to the porch open at night so I
know the little guy can get out of the dew or rain and knowing the
little girl who owns it prolly has a bed(she attempted to adopted
biggers one night when biggers escaped and had biggers made a bed made
out of a jacket all set up for biggers to spend the night(prolly why I
didn't get her to come to my calls all during the night trying to find
her). Tho I prefer to have indoor cats, I don't feel outside is cruel if
the cat has the skills to deal with it and the environment isn't
dangerous. My mom's oldest outside one is about 12years old and does not
want to come in and if you try to bring her in you will bleed. peace, p

Old November 12th 03, 11:43 PM
P. Cox

It sneaky, but maybe you can coax him to your house to spend the
nights -- after all he has the right to choose. his friends. doesn't
he? They probably wouldn't even miss him.

I could never do that to the little girl, I had kitties when I was a kid
and would of been distraught if a neighbor took my babies away like
that. Geesh, I'd be distraught if my neighbors did that to me now.
peace, p