Swollen Paw

Old November 12th 03, 10:19 PM
polonca12000

Poor Jasper! I'm so glad he is ok now.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Cathi" wrote in message
Jasper had a similar problem - the paw was hot and swollen, and he was
exceptionally bad-tempered when normally he's quite sweet-natured
towards his people. He'd got a split which had got infected. snip

Old November 13th 03, 09:58 AM
Adrian

Stacey wrote:
When Nancy got stung on the face by a bee, she swelled up as well. A
call to the vet, a trip to the store and a good dose of Benedryl
later and Nancy was a less swollen, albeit sleepy, kitty.

Though we witnessed the sting (I was saying the same thing, "you'll
get stung!") so we knew what it was though!

Purrs to you and your baby!!!

This has reminded me of an incident a few years ago. Flo, a cat that lived
next door was in my garden stalking a bee, I said the same to her. The next
moment she pounced and then proceeded to eat the bee, I could hear her
crunching it up before she swallowed it. I've got no idea how she didn't get
stung, she seamed quite pleased with herself.

I hope Lola is soon better, sending healing purrs.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 13th 03, 06:27 PM
Cathi

In message , polonca12000
writes
Poor Jasper! I'm so glad he is ok now.
Best wishes,

Thank you Polonca! He's right as rain - there's just a little bald
patch where the abcess was. There's a picture of him on the Catslaves
album with his biiiiig bandage on. As you can see, the leg was so
heavily bandaged it was virtually straight - but it didn't stop him
getting around ....

Whilst Jasper was "at home" we had a surveyor come to take a look around
the house for a remortgage. I shut Jasper in the lounge and left a note
for the surveyor along the lines of "Please look out for, and don't be
alarmed by, slow-moving black cat with bad leg". I got home, and there
was a little addition to the note: "Thanks for the warning. He's *not*
slow-moving!"

That same evening when I got home I found a letter wrongly delivered,
and intended for a house a few doors along. So I trotted along with
letter in hand, delivered it, and let myself back in. Silly me - I'd
opened the lounge door when I got home, and Jasper was now on the loose.
He got out. And despite his handicap, it wasn't until he reached the
bottom of the garden and *couldn't* get up the garden fence into the
rough ground at the back that I caught up with him.

--
Cathi
Old November 13th 03, 08:59 PM
polonca12000

I guess he didn't know he was supposed to limp , so he didn't.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snipAnd despite his handicap, it wasn't until he reached the

Old November 13th 03, 10:51 PM
Allegra640

Thanks, Adrian, she's now back to her usual doll-baby self. Kneading has
officially replaced limping, thank goodness.
Old November 14th 03, 01:36 AM
Larry Osborne

"Adrian" wrote in message
Stacey wrote:
[...]

This sort of reminds me with Smudge. She goes after wasps. I've seen her
grab them to kill them or play with them, I'm undecided as to which, and
everytime the wasp bends it rear towards her she will let it go and then go
after it again. I presume she has been stung in the past to know enough
that one doesn't play with the business end of a wasp although I can't ever
remember seeing any swelling about her that went unexplained.

I also presume that she ends up eating them as I never find them laying
about dead afterwards and I've seen her work them at least long enough to
have them near death and it is not like her to quit. On the other hand if
she's eating them how does she avoid the stinger catching her on the way
down?

Larry Osborne

Old November 14th 03, 04:52 AM
Marina

"Allegra640" wrote
Thanks, Adrian, she's now back to her usual doll-baby self. Kneading has
officially replaced limping, thank goodness.

Glad to hear she is ok again.

--
Marina