China purrs?

Old June 14th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default China purrs?

I am a frantic Mama. Tomorrow we take our China-Doll in to get a
sonogram. Last month we took her to the vet and he said he thought he
heard a heart murmur. He sounded almost dismissive, like it was
something low-grade, but asked to schedule ultrasound anyway. All
kinds of evil run through my head--why was it never heard before? Is
her heart breaking down suddenly? Am I going to have to put another
baby down before her time? China is so active and playful, it's hard
to imagine her heart going to hell. The memory of losing another Doll,
my Odessa, almost two years ago is still too fresh. I want to keep
this one with me a little while longer, selfish beast that I am, I
want to keep her going by any means necessary until it is no longer
medically nor humanely possible.

Forgive my ranting, please. I am at my own heart a neurotic who checks
the refrigerator for a hiding cat before leaving the house. I can
convince myself that I have testicular cancer (and the day that
happens, I want a first class ticket to Maury's show.) Please send up
a few for my China, and maybe one or two for her very worried Mama!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old June 14th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
D Mahoney

Forgive my ranting, please. I am at my own heart a neurotic who checks
the refrigerator for a hiding cat before leaving the house. I can
convince myself that I have testicular cancer (and the day that
happens, I want a first class ticket to Maury's show.) Please send up
a few for my China, and maybe one or two for her very worried Mama!

Blessed be,
Baha

We're sending purrs. I sure understand how hard it is to not worry about
those things.

Dan
Old June 14th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"BfloPolska" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs on the way. I know the feeling well.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old June 14th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

[...]

Sit quietly, take a deep breath (and let it back out) and listen.

And I know where you are coming from, I was raised by a world class
hypochondriac. Always borrowing trouble.

A heart murmur in a cat or even in a human in only a symptom. Usually
of something very (or relatively) minor. Sometimes just needs to be
watched. Usually treatable by a small amount of inexpensive
medication.

Not a big deal. Not a big deal at all. Especially when you have a
mommy and daddy that take care of you and dote on your every whim.

Molly purrs for your anxious heart.

Jake sends "its no big deal" rumbles to China Doll. He is quite proud
of himself. Been under treatment for CHF for several years now. And
confounds his vet by coming up on the counter every day to beg for his
pill pocket with his daily dose inside.

Vet says pill pockets don't work for cats. Nothing is ever true of
all cats.

Jo

Old June 14th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Jun 14, 5:10*am, BfloPolska wrote:
I am a frantic Mama. Tomorrow we take our China-Doll in to get a
sonogram.

Purring for it to be nothing but quite understanding what a worry it
is- you are in the presence of a woman who starts panicking days
before their annual checks- what if they find something? When the
Fabulous Furballs were spayed Dave and me sat in the cafe over from
the vets..."Sat" not the word as we paced the floor so much the cafe
owner probably billed us for damage to the lino! We'd ordered a huge
breakfast and ate none of it, just endless cups of tea and coffee to
the extent we were both hyper when the call came to come and collect
them.....the vets were pretty suprised when 2 minutes later we were
there, with their carrier! But we didn't want to go home and wait
there

When Fugazi and Isis were spayed about two hours after we;d left them-
we'd decided not to go home and try and have a nice day out ending
with collecting them- Dave burst into tears in the middle of a pub,
which set me off. We were nearly banned but when I said to the
landlady "Sorry about this but we've dropped our kittens off this
morning for their spay" she immediately recalled sending her own
kitten off for his chop and told us she hadn't been able to function
at all that day until he was home. (We saw said cat -madnificent he
was!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 14th 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 05:10:36 -0700 (PDT), BfloPolska
wrote:

[...]

Sending purrs for your frazzled nerves, and for China's heart to be OK.

My 86 year old mother has had a 'minor' heart mummer for at least 35
years, that I can remember. Possibly longer.

Special purrs for the mummer to be 'minor', and nothing that will affect
China, or keep her from living to a ripe old age.

I know how it is to worry over your cat's health! I've been doing a LOT
of that, lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old June 14th 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 14, 8:10*am, BfloPolska wrote:
[...]

You can't help being anxious about your baby but all may yet be very
well, and probably will be.

--
Will in New Haven

Old June 15th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for China-Doll, and for you.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old June 16th 09, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"BfloPolska"
[...]

Purrayers lovingly sent for China and for for your frazzled nerves.
Count your blessings and use yoyr Powers that you believe in
to comfort you as well.
Love
Kyla

Old June 16th 09, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Lots of purrs coming your way (for your frazzled catslave nerves!) and for
China-Doll. Will be thinking of you both!
Please let us know.
Christine and Midnight, Tucker, Robin & Oreo
[...]

China at the vet BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 10 May 22nd 09 08:41 PM
China and Fluff ollie2 Cat anecdotes 9 September 1st 07 10:04 PM
China? Yowie Cat anecdotes 28 October 8th 04 02:14 AM
Cat Shipped from China Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 24 April 27th 04 01:14 AM
Cat Shipped From China Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 4 April 17th 04 07:12 PM