Totally OT. China

Old December 31st 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Totally OT. China

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
You have some very strange ideas, Tweed. Personally I find capital
punishment barbaric but all countries have their own laws however unjust

It's not a strange idea to me that for a foreign country to execute a Brit
with obvious mental health problems is out of order. Your view may differ.

Tweed

Your idea that it wouldn't be allowed is what's strange and saying my
view may differ is an insult as I've already stated I find the death
penalty barbaric, where a person lives makes no difference.
Old December 31st 09, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kyla `=^..^=` wrote:

Not me..but now the USA is now on a 'high security alert' since some
nutcase
from Africa, IIRC, tried to blow up a passenger plane in Michigan which
was on it's way to Seattle...that really creeped me out because I was at
that very same airport in Detroit way back in 1995. Geez.
Kyla

Some coincidences are quite creepy, my sister was on Pan-Am flight 103 a
week before Lockabie.

--
Adrian
Old December 31st 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

"Adrian"
Kyla `=^..^=` wrote:

Not me..but now the USA is now on a 'high security alert' since some
nutcase
from Africa, IIRC, tried to blow up a passenger plane in Michigan which
was on it's way to Seattle...that really creeped me out because I was at
that very same airport in Detroit way back in 1995. Geez.
Kyla

Some coincidences are quite creepy, my sister was on Pan-Am flight 103 a
week before Lockabie.

--
Adrian

OMG...I would say your sister had someone watching over her.
Kyla

Old December 31st 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote:
from Africa, IIRC, tried to blow up a passenger plane in Michigan which
was on it's way to Seattle...that really creeped me out because I was at
that very same airport in Detroit way back in 1995. Geez.

That doesn't sound like much of a coincidence considering that it's a
hub airport. I've lost count of the number of times I've gone
between Concourses A, B, and C in that airport.
Old December 31st 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

"Takayuki"
"Kyla `=^..^=`"
from Africa, IIRC, tried to blow up a passenger plane in Michigan which
was on it's way to Seattle...that really creeped me out because I was at
that very same airport in Detroit way back in 1995. Geez.

That doesn't sound like much of a coincidence considering that it's a
hub airport. I've lost count of the number of times I've gone
between Concourses A, B, and C in that airport.

I remember that airport was pretty run down and there were funnel clouds
forming and we were stuck on the plane for almost 2 hours, planes were
being diverted from landing, because of tornadic weather.

But, the Concourse that really threw me was at O'Hare in Chicago.
Yeesh, what a nightmare. And the latte I got from a Starbucks kiosk,
really sucked big time.

Old December 31st 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote:
from Africa, IIRC, tried to blow up a passenger plane in Michigan which
was on it's way to Seattle...that really creeped me out because I was at
that very same airport in Detroit way back in 1995. Geez.

That doesn't sound like much of a coincidence considering that it's a
hub airport.

And 15 years ago!

Joyce

--
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old December 31st 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

Takayuki wrote:

"Kyla `=^..^=`"
from Africa, IIRC, tried to blow up a passenger plane in Michigan
which
was on it's way to Seattle...that really creeped me out because I was at
that very same airport in Detroit way back in 1995. Geez.

That doesn't sound like much of a coincidence considering that it's a
hub airport.

And 15 years ago!

Joyce

YeeeeUP, that's true. That was my year of travelling.
I also went to Vegas to spend 3 days with my late mom and my 2 sisters.
That made for some really fun memories
Kyla

--
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.

"I'm negative about the positive, but I'm positive the negative is in the
developer"
Curly--The Three Stooges.

Old January 1st 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

"Takayuki"
"Kyla `=^..^=`"
[...]

The coffee I can explain. Our friend AIM who used to visit here
works for Starbucks. I complained once that the coffee we we got
from a Starbucks in Atlanta Airport was major awful. She said that
the way the airport leases were set up, Starbucks had almost no
control over how those outlets were operated, much to their own
dismay. Any other franchise they could and would have shut down for
producing and selling such dreck.

Jo

Old January 1st 10, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

"Jofirey"

"Kyla `=^..^=`"

"Takayuki"
"Kyla `=^..^=`"
[...]

Hmmm, Starbucks is a Seattle company, and you're so right.
Not all their coffee, which is a food group here, is good.
Most of it IS dreck, and being a former Barista, I know how to make the
perfect latte. I have come to have my dh make me mine at home
and not waste the money and have it turn out to be horrid.
He makes it better than I do these days.
I love the Torani syrups, and when I do have a latte/cappuccino...
I have it made with Brown and Hayleys Almond Rocha (like the candy) syrup
and it is sooooo good Or a hazelnut or walnut flavored syrup.
He makes it with non fat milk, which makes for a better foam.
I had my own shop in 1985 for a couple of years
I made fantastic coffees. Nice memories, that.
Kyla

Old January 1st 10, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Adrian" wrote in message
Kyla `=^..^=` wrote:

... now the USA is now on a 'high security alert' since some
nutcase
from Africa, IIRC, tried to blow up a passenger plane in
Michigan which was on it's way to Seattle...that really
creeped me out because I was at that very same airport in
Detroit way back in 1995. Geez.

Some coincidences are quite creepy, my sister was on Pan-Am
flight 103 a week before Lockabie.

/s "Lockerbie". I know that feeling. I'm scared of
roller-coasters, because when I was a child, I visited Battersea
Fun Fair in London - at the time, said fun-fair was a 21-year-old
remnant of the 1951 Festival of Britain. A week after I'd been
there, there was a major fatal accident when the carriage lift
mechanism of The Big Dipper broke, and carriages ran backwards
before crashing into carriages behind them, de-railing and
plunging to the ground.

Similarly, like many other tourists, I'd visited the Twin Towers,
just a few months before 9/11.

--
MatSav

China at the vet again BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 9 June 21st 09 07:21 PM
China purrs? BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 9 June 16th 09 04:56 AM
China at the vet BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 10 May 22nd 09 08:41 PM
China and Fluff ollie2 Cat anecdotes 9 September 1st 07 10:04 PM
China? Yowie Cat anecdotes 28 October 8th 04 02:14 AM