Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW, maybe GW)

Old August 20th 03, 10:57 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW, maybe GW)

What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other than
urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez, running,
jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next thing I know,
he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it doesn't quite work
as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I can't stop peeing (it's
hard to stop once you get going!)...
Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He did
not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's very strong
for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of him, but I couldn't
hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off as fast as his little
legs would take him. I showered and when I came out I found him sitting on
the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem too angry at me, perhaps he
realized I was just trying to help?
I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once fell
into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were kittens).

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 21st 03, 12:49 AM
Nanny

How short is a short memory ?
I took Yoschi to the vet last Monday to open a very large abscess, and it
took him 36 hours before he wanted to come near me again..........

Nanny

"Hopitus2" schreef in bericht
news
Fond as the Evil 3 are of congregating around the Porcelain God while in

use
by their hoomin slaves, none of them has *ever* had that kind of "shower",
although we have caught them drinking out of it long ago (probably by
example of the now RB d-pet Akita, who, being what he was, lacked the
refined manners of his feline companions!). I had just now cleaned out a
horrible mess around the PC of old CD's, printout instructions, years-old
Zip backups of long-ago-forgotten red-cd hard-drive " lobotomies", and

badly
needed a good loud laugh, which you've provided, Victor.....poor Fez (who
I'm sure wasn't laughing); Vic, couldn't you at least have spared him the
2nd shower and gently cleaned him off in the sink, as he is only a kitten?
Hope he did get in a few scratches in retaliation! Bet he did *not*

realize
you were "only trying to help", but as we all know, cats have short

memories
of those they love actually doing evil things to them (tail-stepping comes
under this category too)!
ROFLMAO.

Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
: Victor M. Martinez wrote:
: What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I

was
: getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
:
: I need to rephrase this. In our household, getting ready for bed

includes
: taking a shower. There, much better.
:
: --
: Victor M. Martinez
:
:

Old August 21st 03, 01:10 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:57:15 -0500, "Victor M. Martinez"
wrote:

[...]

To answer your question: how about wee wee, widdle, or tinkle??

Old August 21st 03, 02:25 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Cheryl had some very interesting things to say
about Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW, maybe GW):
Victor M. Martinez wrote:
What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets?

I wish I knew! I have a really long work commute and of course first thing
into the house means a bathroom trip. Trip is right! Shamrock is always
underfoot and blocking my way. lol

Felix will come snuggle against my legs and demand attention if he
gets a chance. :-)

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL
Old August 21st 03, 03:37 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
Victor M. Martinez at
wrote on 8/20/03 4:57 PM:

[...]

Hmm. Now this is a problem I've never encountered

Karen

Old August 21st 03, 03:47 AM
Seanette Blaylock

CATherine had some very
interesting things to say about Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW,
maybe GW):

I always say, "potty" or "gotta go".

I refer to using the litterbox. :-)
--
If $vendor wants to improve the quality of their products, they could
try cutting down their developers' drug dosages, but if that's not
Old August 21st 03, 12:57 PM
Helen Miles

ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!

Helen M

Old August 21st 03, 01:34 PM
lrulan

Heh. This reminds me of when Jazz was a baby. I was just getting up from
sitting on the bowl when a little blur just flew and a splash, then another
blur flying out! Jazz had jumped into the toilet
and then just as quickly jumped right back out! Thank goodness it was just
pee in the bowl. Shocked the hell out of both of us, I tell you.
He never did that again.

Jazz's mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old August 21st 03, 02:48 PM
polonca12000

Poor Fez and poor you, Victor.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? snip