Fez got an unscheduled bath (BW, maybe GW)

Old August 21st 03, 02:50 PM
polonca12000

Poor Yoschi and poor you, Nanny. I do hope Yoschi's abscess is all healed
now and that you are forgiven.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Nanny" wrote in message
How short is a short memory ?
I took Yoschi to the vet last Monday to open a very large abscess, and it
took him 36 hours before he wanted to come near me again..........

Nanny

Old August 21st 03, 02:56 PM
Caroline S.

The way I see it, every cat must have a baptism of sorts: either by falling
in the Holy Bowl or in the tub.
Victor just added a new method

-Caroline S.

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
What is it with cats and their fascination with toilets? Last night I was
getting ready for bed, which in our household includes a shower. I
realized I needed to pee (is there a more proper word for that other than
urinate?) so there I was, buck naked and peeing. In comes Fez, running,
jumps on the edge of the bowl and balances himself. Next thing I know,
he's getting wet, so I try to aim away from him, but it doesn't quite work
as intended. I ended up trying to grab him, but I can't stop peeing (it's
hard to stop once you get going!)...
Luckily, I already had the shower running, so I just checked the
temperature and put Fez under the water stream to rinse him off. He did
not like that one bit, and I have the scars to prove it. He's very strong
for a 4 lb kitten! I think I got all of the pee off of him, but I couldn't
hold on to him any longer anyway, so he ran off as fast as his little
legs would take him. I showered and when I came out I found him sitting on
the bed, drying himself. He didn't seem too angry at me, perhaps he
realized I was just trying to help?
I just hope he's learned his lesson and won't come running into the
bathroom and jump on the toilet while it's being used. (Basho once fell
into the bowl, and Luna also got a "shower", both when they were kittens).

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 21st 03, 05:49 PM
bewtifulfreak

Helen Miles wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!

Enlightenment needed....

Old August 21st 03, 07:07 PM
Hopitus2

Well I think the pilling helps keep the other "atrocities" fresh in his
memory!

"Nanny" wrote in message
: Yoschi's feeling better now, but is still a bit distrustful of me. I
wonder
: if that could have something to do with those 2 pills a day that I have to
: give him.......... :-)
:
: Nanny
:
: "polonca12000" schreef in bericht
: ...
: Poor Yoschi and poor you, Nanny. I do hope Yoschi's abscess is all
healed
: now and that you are forgiven.
: Best wishes and purrs,
: --
: Polonca & Soncek
:
: ...

Old August 21st 03, 07:52 PM
Nanny

Makes me wonder how he'll react to his castration when that's done..........

Nanny

"Hopitus2" schreef in bericht
news

"Nanny" wrote in message
: Yoschi's feeling better now, but is still a bit distrustful of me. I
wonder
: if that could have something to do with those 2 pills a day that I have

: give him.......... :-)
:
: Nanny
:
: "polonca12000" schreef in bericht
: ...
: Poor Yoschi and poor you, Nanny. I do hope Yoschi's abscess is all
healed
: now and that you are forgiven.
: Best wishes and purrs,
: --
: Polonca & Soncek
:
: ...

Old August 22nd 03, 04:06 AM
Hazel Az

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
Helen Miles wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!

Enlightenment needed....

BW is a beverage warning. Put it down and swallow what you have before you
read the following story or you will have your drink sprayed all over the
monitor, keyboard and possibly an indignant cat or two. Stories by several
folks here are automatically BW's and most folks here have learned to be
cautious.

TW is tissue warning and that is an unusually sad story that may make you
cry.

There are more explanations in our faq, but I don't have the link handy.
I'm sure Yowie can tell you where it is.

Hazel Az

Old August 22nd 03, 04:19 AM
LOL

Helen Miles wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!

Enlightenment needed....

BW = Beverage Warning, which provids fair warning that you may laugh
and spew whatever you're drinking all over your computer. :-)

This is included in the invaluable information contained in the rpca
faq - I don't have the url handy, but I'm sure some nice person will
point you faqward. It's a good read all by itself.

------
Krista
Old August 22nd 03, 12:45 PM
Adrian

Victor M. Martinez wrote:
[...]

LOL, Snoopy sometimes weaves through my legs in this situation, a couple of
times she's got a wet tip to her tail which she holds up when rubbing round
my legs.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old August 22nd 03, 12:52 PM
bewtifulfreak

Helen Miles wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh Victor - I am so glad you put a BW on that!

Enlightenment needed....

Thank you all for the enlightenment. I was going to check the FAQ, but I
didn't know where to find it (I suppose I could have resisted my natural
laziness and at least done a search, but thank you all for the link)!

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 23rd 03, 02:26 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:01:59 +0300, "Marina"
wrote:

"LOL" wrote

This is included in the invaluable information contained in the rpca
faq - I don't have the url handy, but I'm sure some nice person will
point you faqward. It's a good read all by itself.

The FAQ is he
http://www.angelfire.com/mt/yowie/catfaq.htm

Thanks for the link, Marina. I started to post it and realized it's
one of those still on the old system - got to get around to getting
all my bookmarks onto the new one