"Best by" dates

Old July 12th 04, 01:50 AM
icarus

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:WMBHc.61001$rn1.16177@okepread07...
Do you see me questioning what you feed your cats? I find it interesting

how
some of you lable someone the bad guy simply because they don't feed their
cats the same brands you do. It is a bit snobbish if you ask me. My cats

are
in oerfectly good health and are given lots of love, plenty of food and

are
well cared for.

CatPro,........

you are either......stupid, retarded or close to one of these. others have
expressed very rational and concise views. I'll just ignore you I think.

Old July 12th 04, 02:22 AM
Cat Protector

What is with a lot of you people. Is the only way you can argue your point
is to call others name? It is pretty sad to see have seen this newsgroup go
so downhill over the last few years because many of you have to act like
children. It makes me appreciate the message boards for cats that don't
resort to this. Some of you really need to grow up and get a life here. As
for you icarus it seems you are just in a long line of people who first
attack, name call then say they are just going to ignore. I for one have no
intention on playing these stupid childish games.

www.panthertekit.com

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old July 12th 04, 08:19 PM
dgk

On 09 Jul 2004 22:06:07 GMT, olitter (PawsForThought)

From: "Cat Protector"

Do you see me questioning what you feed your cats? I find it interesting how
some of you lable someone the bad guy simply because they don't feed their
cats the same brands you do.

It's not about you. It's about feeding your cats a good diet. Why don't you
put your ego aside, and try feeding your kitties a higher quality food. I know
you love your cats and want to do the very best you can for them.

Lauren

I'm trying to feed my cats a high quality diet and they simply walk
away. I'm finally going to get a chance to try some Petguard Premium
Feast which some kind soul recommended last week. But frankly, if they
won't eat that, then I'm going to try Friskees or 9 Lives. Several of
my friends have reasonably elderly cats (15 up to 20) that have eaten
that **** all their lives. Me, I fed my previous four cats good food
(they were a LOT less picky than the current generation) and only one
lived to 16. Two died by the age of 10, one from Heart Disease and the
other from Diabetes. This is just anecdotal of course, but I am really
getting ****ed off throwing away expensive food after getting that
look from the boys."What, you expect us to eat this crap?"

And it isn't like I've been offering them the real crap. For all I
know they're going to turn it down also (they have all the dry food
they want, which IS Science Diet or Eukanuba or Nutra or something -
that stuff they eat).

Let's say that quality food extends my cats lives by 6 months. That is
significant when you only live 18 years or so at a maxiumum. Still, if
they really enjoy McDonalds and they hate Quality Nutrition, should I
deny them that their whole lives? What is quality of life if not
enjoying food? It isn't like they have sex. Hmm. Come to think of it,
I should start eating at McDonalds.

(I haven't eaten at McDonalds or Burger King since 1970).
Old July 12th 04, 08:19 PM
dgk

Old July 12th 04, 08:36 PM
Karen

I threw away a LOT of food until I got to Petguard. The three flavors my
picky eaters like are Premium Feast, Chicken Stew lite, Turkey Lite with
Barley, and Beef w/Barley. Still, I have seen starving strays turn away from
9 lives which makes me wonder what is in THAT!

Old July 12th 04, 09:17 PM
Cat Protector

The problem we have on this group is you get labled the bad guy if you don't
feed your cats the same food as some of the others on this group. Never mind
if your cats are healthy, well cared for or even well loved. Some of the
bullies on this group simply can't accept that you feed your cats foods that
they don't. People like Lauren say "put your ego aside" when it is not about
ego. Forgive me if I don't join your crusade against others who may feed
their cats food that you wouldn't feed yours. My cats are just fine with the
diet they are on. Even the vet says they are healthy and has no problem with
my feeding them their normal cat food. Their quality of life is very good
and they are happy.