The King is Dead ...........

Old October 25th 04, 01:36 AM
Yowie

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:44:43 -0400, Kreisleriana
wrote:

Speaking of Costner, I watched "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves" laat
week, and that is one of the most schizo experiences I've ever had
watching a movie. Costner's flat-voiced, Valley Boy, mullet-headed
Robin Hood is pure agony,

And then came "Robin Hood: Men in Tights", during which Prince John
asked why would the people listen to Robin Hood (Cary Elwes). Robin's
reply: "Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an
English accent."

Add Cary Elwes to my lust list :-)

There must be something about that name that keeps recurring in my life. The
Yowlet was named Cary, not after Cary Grant, nor Cary Elwes, but after his
late paternal grandmother, whose name was Kerry. I wouldn't name any male
child of mine Kerry, because Kerry Packer its totally creepy, so after
playing around with pronunciation we got Cary. The alternate spelling,
"Carey", is also the surname of two favourite comedians, Jim Carey and Drew
Carey. It is also a fine Celtic name that has a number of different meanings
to it, but one meaning is "strong". That was the clincher.

Yowie

Old October 25th 04, 03:15 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Jim's last name is spelled Carrey - Drew's is Carey. Glad you didn't go
with Kerry - since here in the US that relates to a certain prez candidate's
surname.....

On a side not, I did see a funny bumper sticker the other day - not on a car
though. was in a window and it said "Flush the Johns" with the proverbial
red circle & diagonal line through the names Kerry/Edwards. Got a chuckle
outta me.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old October 25th 04, 05:08 AM
Sherry

Yeah, it wasn't exactly a cliffhanger. I saw an old Titanic movie the
other
day...at the end, the "men" on board were gallantly singing some song as

the
ship went down. I thought that was kind of a hoot.
"Nearer My God to Thee," I think.
The band *was* playing that as they went down.

Actually, there's some controversy about that. Some survivors claimed the

band
was playing "Autumn" and some claimed "Nearer my God". Some say they never
heard "Nearer My God" at any time. The only thing they all agreed on was

that
for the duration, the band played light ragtime music.

See http://www.snopes.com/titanic/lastsong.htm for more info on this
one. :-)

Interesting stuff. I guess the answer is, nobody will ever know the truth.
Isn't it just amazing that they were able to play *anything* under those
circumstances.
Sherry

Deo is still King Bev Cat anecdotes 16 April 19th 04 07:42 PM
Is acwd totally dead? Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 9 January 26th 04 07:16 PM
Dozens Of Dead Cats Removed From Woman's Garage Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 18 December 26th 03 12:11 AM
l O O king 4 "The Cat Carol" Terry R Cat anecdotes 1 December 8th 03 08:27 PM