Anycat good wif catputers?

Old May 5th 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Tabbeycat

Default Anycat good wif catputers?

My catputer is messin up.
Problems:
Shuts off by itself fur some reason
Crashes wif a blue screen durin comon tasks (blue sreen says somfin
about fault in a nonpaged area)
Firefox crashes when I get oonline. (Note: Im usin my ofur catputer to
post dis.)
_____
Info on Catputer:
Runs WinXP Home SP2
Dell Dimension DIM2200
Intel Celeron CPU @ 1.30 GHz
256 MB RAM
Probably made around 2002.
Please help,
L.Tabbey
Old May 5th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Info on Catputer:
Runs WinXP Home SP2
Dell Dimension DIM2200
Intel Celeron CPU @ 1.30 GHz
256 MB RAM
Probably made around 2002.
Please help,
L.Tabbey

That sounds like it might be a problem with the computer's RAM. Can you
find a memory test program to download? It would also be a good idea to
run an up-to-date virus scanner just in case.

Amelia

Old May 7th 09, 12:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Chris H[_2_]

Dad sez check the RAM first. Might be a loose stick, or
even dust buildup, but most likely a failing stick. www.ubuntu.com
has a memtest utility (memtest86+) that found a failing stick
in an office computer that the Dell diagnostics didn't get.

There's another one at www.ultimatebootcd.com.

Or....he sez if you can get ahold of some known good memory, swap
it out a stick at a time, to find the bad one.

It *is* possible that it's the system board, or even the power
supply, but the "nonpaged area" error looks more like the RAM
itself...and that's the easier fix anyway...

Purrs for an easy solution!

Katie, for the Fairfax Fur Factory and their hoomin, Chris
(In loving memory of Tripper)