Jerk with cat on TV show "Airline"

Old January 25th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Jerk with cat on TV show "Airline"

Did anyone catch this segment on the show "Airline" (A&E channel)?
This guy checked his cat in a duffle bag and was going to let it fly as
baggage. Someone at Southwest happened to see the bag moving, opened
it, and found a cute Torbie named Francine.

They called the guy down and told him the cat couldn't travel as
luggage - he insisted she had been traveling like that and he couldn't
get it through his thick head that it wasn't going to happen this time.
The flight attendants finally got him a seat on Continental where
Francine could fly in the cabin with him, but they told him he'd have
to buy a pet carrier. He kept insisting that she could fly in the
duffle bag, that all they had to do was "stick her in the bin."

He finally bought a pet carrier for her - as he was loading her in the
carrier he commented that he had "just euthanized her boyfriend - he
ruined my orchids". I wanted to puke. Someone who witnessed the whole
thing had offered to take the cat from him - I wish they had. This
jerk didn't deserve that kitty! She was a sweet thing and very calm
through all of this. It just makes me sick that she's still at this
dolt's mercy...

-L.

Old January 25th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

That makes me ill. What is this show? I have never seen it and first
thought it was going to be someone's idea of a "comedy" -- but it appears
from your description that this may not be fiction. That man should be
reported to animal welfare.

MaryL

Old January 25th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

-L. wrote:
[...]

That makes me sick, sick, sick. People just never stop amazing me, how
badly they treat animals and *think it is okay.*
I can't tell you how many dolts bring animals to the shelter *in the
trunk of the their car.* They don't see anything wrong with it.
Sherry

Old January 25th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

MaryL wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It's on A&E television, and it's a "reality" show. I watched once, and
never again (don't care for reality tv, I want fake entertainment). I
hadn't seen this, but it doesn't surprise me.

Old January 25th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"-L." wrote:

He finally bought a pet carrier for her - as he was loading her in the
carrier he commented that he had "just euthanized her boyfriend - he
ruined my orchids". I wanted to puke. Someone who witnessed the whole
thing had offered to take the cat from him - I wish they had. This
jerk didn't deserve that kitty! She was a sweet thing and very calm
through all of this. It just makes me sick that she's still at this
dolt's mercy...

Seeing something like that makes me wonder, if I could reach
through the TV screen would I decide to just snatch the kitty
out of his reach, or would I go straight for the jerk's throat.

--

Wayne M.
Old January 25th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 24 Jan 2006 23:14:22 -0800, "-L." wrote:

It just makes me sick that she's still at this
dolt's mercy...

My sentiments exactly. I watched this episode and would like to
have stuffed *him* in a duffle bag! Poor kitty has my prayers.

Jeanne
Old January 25th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

MaryL wrote:

That makes me ill. What is this show? I have never seen it and first
thought it was going to be someone's idea of a "comedy"

I think it IS supposed to be a comedy. (I've never watched
it, because I saw a couple of rather silly and unfunny
trailers, and decided I had better things to do with my
time.) Perhaps it's another of those "reality" shows? In
any case, some people obviously have a pretty perverted idea
of humor!

Old January 26th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

MaryL wrote:
That makes me ill. What is this show?

It's more of an entertainment-documentary than anything else. It is
sort of PBS-esque in its production. It's not supposed to be comedic
but some segments will bring you a chuckle. Cameras are set up in four
airports across the US (Baltimore, Chicago Midway, LAX and Houston)
and they follow the stories of travelers and staff over the course of a
day. They usually pick 3-4 "stories" to tell per episode. It gives
you insight to the whacky things people try to pull on airplanes and in
airports. Some stories are touching, some frustrating, some sort of
amusing. I like to watch it when I can because we travel a lot and I
like to see the ins and outs of how the airline works.

Here's a link:
http://www.aetv.com/airline/index.jsp

I have never seen it and first
thought it was going to be someone's idea of a "comedy" -- but it appears
from your description that this may not be fiction. That man should be
reported to animal welfare.

What I didn't believe is he was so oblivious to his own cruel treatment
of the cat. I was dumbfounded, as were the flight attendants.

-L.

Old January 26th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Thanks (and also thanks to Annie and Evelyn). Some of the descriptions
sound intriguing, but the episode you described would leave me in a state of
rage.

MaryL