SHOULD I TAKE HIM TO A VET?

Old October 30th 07, 07:04 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default SHOULD I TAKE HIM TO A VET?

"cybercat" wrote
You can also likely treat 90% of human diseases yourself from internet
information. I suggest you start reading up on "do it yourself
psychotherapy".

haha! It's the crazy people who make Usenet fun.

And I like to think I am doing my part.

Old October 30th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote in message

"cybercat" wrote
You can also likely treat 90% of human diseases yourself from internet
information. I suggest you start reading up on "do it yourself
psychotherapy".

haha! It's the crazy people who make Usenet fun.

And I like to think I am doing my part.

ROFLMAOPIMP

No do you think ;-)

Old October 31st 07, 12:04 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

dgk wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:36:31 +0200 (CEST), u wrote:

Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

In my city of Tucson, Arizona it is very difficult to find a Vet that
will agree to reduced cost services, or even payment plans to low
income pet owners,regardless of the circumstances. Their motto might
as well be PROFIT FIRST, ANIMAL WELFARE SECOND. Many of these outfits
are run by corporations, are bloated practices or have greedy
practitioners.

This is in contrast to at least two other cities I have lived in
where a vet would often treat an animal for free if the owner could
not afford it. So I suspect this is a problem local to Arizona, which
is not suprising given the State ranks so low in nearly every quality
of life research measure.

There is a definite lack of professionalism and ethics in this regard
in the Vet community in Tucson. They don't care if your animal is
sick. What is important to them is if you can PAY NOW IN FULL. This is
partly the fault of the do nothing state government here that does
little or nothing to promote or enforce ethical standards in this or
other professions. Frequently,Arizona is thought of as the State where
Easterners who could not make the grade come to be free to practice
in their substandard, unprofessional ways (go west young man).
Recall also that Arizona is a right-wing pro-business, anti-union
State. Hit the road jack if you cannot pay- I don't care if Fido IS
suffering.

Therefore, I have posted this to let other pet owners know.
GUESS WHAT? YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THESE SHYSTER QUACKS. If you are
literate and willing to do a little reading, YOU CAN TREAT 90% of
your pets problems on your own. Only the more serious and complicated
medical problems which require surgery, etc is a vet needed.

You can also likely treat 90% of human diseases yourself from internet
information. I suggest you start reading up on "do it yourself
psychotherapy".

Many medical doctors still follow the ethical canons of the Hippocratic
Oath. They will treat you if you need it without acting like hookers and
asking for money up front. Also there are emergency rooms for people.
But the vets here in Tucson, and, from your statement, I am guessing
NYC-no suprise there-given NYC's rep as a denizen of assholes-HAVE NO
ethics. They run their practices exactly as a prostitute would;with her
pimps within earshot-the so-called "professional" staff they hire. And
most of them hide under their desks directing their pimps to do their
dirty work-enforcing THEIR pig collection procedures.

Here in NYC I notice that the vets need to be paid as well. That's
probably because they like to feed their families.

Old October 31st 07, 01:11 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"u" wrote

[ snips blahblahblah]
?I am guessing
NYC-no suprise there-given NYC's rep as a denizen of assholes-HAVE NO
ethics. They run their practices exactly as a prostitute would;with her
pimps within earshot-the so-called "professional" staff they hire. And
most of them hide under their desks directing their pimps to do their
dirty work-enforcing THEIR pig collection procedures.

Have a tissue. You've got some foam on your big blubbery lips there,
hoss.

Old October 31st 07, 02:14 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Tue 30 Oct 2007 09:11:04p, cybercat wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav :

"u" wrote

[ snips blahblahblah]
?I am guessing
NYC-no suprise there-given NYC's rep as a denizen of
assholes-HAVE NO ethics. They run their practices exactly as a
prostitute would;with her pimps within earshot-the so-called
"professional" staff they hire. And most of them hide under
their desks directing their pimps to do their dirty
work-enforcing THEIR pig collection procedures.

Have a tissue. You've got some foam on your big blubbery lips
there, hoss.

I need to know what they do with the pigs they collect??

*rolling my eyes*

They add them to their PIG collection. Duh.

Old October 31st 07, 04:55 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Cheryl" wrote
Ah. So they're just collecting there, not really doing anything?

Not until .... the lights go out ...

MU hahaha!

Old October 31st 07, 05:03 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Cheryl" wrote
Ah. So they're just collecting there, not really doing anything?

Not until .... the lights go out ...

MU hahaha!

It's halloween, see? Actually "mischief night." So the pig collection comes
ALIVE and terrorized the neighborhood.

run! save yourselves!

Old October 31st 07, 12:15 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:04:17 +0100 (CET), u wrote:

dgk wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:36:31 +0200 (CEST), u wrote:

Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

Many medical doctors still follow the ethical canons of the Hippocratic
Oath. They will treat you if you need it without acting like hookers and
asking for money up front. Also there are emergency rooms for people.
But the vets here in Tucson, and, from your statement, I am guessing
NYC-no suprise there-given NYC's rep as a denizen of assholes-HAVE NO
ethics. They run their practices exactly as a prostitute would;with her
pimps within earshot-the so-called "professional" staff they hire. And
most of them hide under their desks directing their pimps to do their
dirty work-enforcing THEIR pig collection procedures.

Wow, now if only I can get the guy to redo my bathroom for free! That
would be great. Do they do that where you live? Here in NYC those
assholes do expect to get paid for their services.

It appears that at least one asshole exists in Arizona.
Old November 1st 07, 10:15 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:36:31 +0200 (CEST), u wrote:

Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

In my city of Tucson, Arizona it is very difficult to find a Vet that
will agree to reduced cost services, or even payment plans to low
income pet owners,regardless of the circumstances. Their motto might as
well be PROFIT FIRST, ANIMAL WELFARE SECOND. Many of these outfits
are run by corporations, are bloated practices or have greedy
practitioners.

Has it occurred to you that people bring in their pets and then refuse
to pay? That vets have been cheated many times in the past and can't
just work for free? They have rent to pay, equipment to pay for,
employees to pay, etc.

My own vet has a sign that says all payment due at time of service,
but he has done payment plans for larger bills. The sign is there for
new customers that could be deadbeats. He has the option to allow
payment plans for long time customers who are known to be good
customers.

How many other services are done with a bill system later? How many of
those can you walk into the business, get the service, and walk
out,with your item, without giving banking and/or credit info?

Why should the vet be any different? Why should they take the loss
when other businesses get paid?

Old November 1st 07, 10:18 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 01:04:17 +0100 (CET), u wrote:

Many medical doctors still follow the ethical canons of the Hippocratic
Oath. They will treat you if you need it without acting like hookers and
asking for money up front. Also there are emergency rooms for people.

They aren't doing it for free either. They do get paid. Just not from
the customer. Vets don't have federal funding to pay for thse who
can't afford it.