Do not be fooled by posters here...

Old November 13th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
boardofreality

Default Do not be fooled by posters here...

All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't fooling
anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe if enough
people follow your advice you can get $11 an hour instead of $10. Or
maybe if they don't, you'll be forced to find a job more commensurate
with your true natures. Maybe kmart? seven-eleven?
Old November 14th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:16:25 +0100 (CET), boardofreality
wrote:

All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't fooling
anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe if enough
people follow your advice you can get $11 an hour instead of $10. Or
maybe if they don't, you'll be forced to find a job more commensurate
with your true natures. Maybe kmart? seven-eleven?

So, you think I am a vet?

I wanted to be one when I was a kid, but then I learned that vets have
to euthanize animals, and I cannot do that. I can make the decision
and understand the need, but I cannot do it myself.

As far as income and a job, I make $13.70 an hour at a grocery store.
I am not a vet, nor am I rich. I also run a small business doing pet
photography. My earnings vary depnding on the travel involved, vendor
costs, time of year, number of customers, etc.

If you honestly believe that people here are really vets, prove it.
You can start by checking my email address. It is valid and will show
that I really am a pet photographer. I am definitely NOT a vet. If I
were, I woudl be able to answer questions better.

Old November 14th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dejablues[_2_]

"boardofreality" wrote in message
All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't fooling
anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe if enough
people follow your advice you can get $11 an hour instead of $10. Or
maybe if they don't, you'll be forced to find a job more commensurate
with your true natures. Maybe kmart? seven-eleven?

Oh, if only my employer would base my pay increases on my usenet postings!
What a perfect world that would be.
Oh K-Mart! 7-11!

Old November 14th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Meghan Noecker friesian zoocrewphoto.com wrote:

What On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:16:25 +0100 (CET), boardofreality
boardofreality notfooled.com wrote:

All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't
fooling anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe
if enough people follow your advice you can get $11 an hour
instead of $10. Or maybe if they don't, you'll be forced to find a
job more commensurate with your true natures. Maybe kmart?
seven-eleven?

So, you think I am a vet?

If you honestly believe that people here are really vets,

I am definitely NOT a vet.

Veterinarians probably don't post here. Veterinarian technicians
(a.k.a. "vet techs") probably do.

The original post makes sense to me. It could explain some
of the maliciousness. This group might be a fun place to fake
compassion and act like a tough guy, but promoting vet care is also
a likely motive (however useless). Spammers are nasty people IMO.

The profit motive might explain why a reply author would pat an
original poster on the back for spending $8,000 on their pets at a
veterinarian clinic. The same amount of money could have kept dozens
of stray cats from dying horrible deaths on the street or for being
euthanized, or it could have been used by a trap/neuter/release
program. For what it's worth, I'm not saying the original poster did
the wrong thing (it's a philosophical question IMO), I'm saying
there are other ways and places to show you care.

When someone insults a poster for not rushing to a veterinarian,
that is IMO flat wrong and smells of something worse than a
fake-compassionate tough guy wanna-be.

Old November 20th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
u[_2_]

Meghan Noecker wrote in
:

wrote:

All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't fooling
anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe if enough
people follow your advice you can get $11 an hour instead of $10. Or
maybe if they don't, you'll be forced to find a job more commensurate
with your true natures. Maybe kmart? seven-eleven?

So, you think I am a vet?

Ok, I believe you, but I still think your thinking about the issues I
have raised is naive and clouded, judging from your replies. Also, MANY
of the people in this group do work for vet offices, that is why their
first response is always "take it to the vet"

I wanted to be one when I was a kid, but then I learned that vets have
to euthanize animals, and I cannot do that. I can make the decision
and understand the need, but I cannot do it myself.

Me too, as a child. But from what I have seen about the way vet operate,
they are much too cold and treat animals as objects. That is probably
why they find it so easy to euthanize an animal and why they are so cold
blooded in their profit mongering.

Old November 20th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
u[_2_]

John Doe wrote in
t:

Thanks for being an independent thinker and not a sheeple.

Meghan Noecker friesian zoocrewphoto.com wrote:

What On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:16:25 +0100 (CET), boardofreality
boardofreality notfooled.com wrote:

All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't
fooling anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe
if enough people follow your advice you can get $11 an hour
instead of $10. Or maybe if they don't, you'll be forced to find a
job more commensurate with your true natures. Maybe kmart?
seven-eleven?

So, you think I am a vet?

If you honestly believe that people here are really vets,

I am definitely NOT a vet.

Veterinarians probably don't post here. Veterinarian technicians
(a.k.a. "vet techs") probably do.

some do, I have had them reply to my posts. and also one veterinarian
office manager.

The original post makes sense to me. It could explain some
of the maliciousness. This group might be a fun place to fake
compassion and act like a tough guy, but promoting vet care is also
a likely motive (however useless). Spammers are nasty people IMO.

One persons "spammer" is another person's "whistleblower" This is the
reason why you see so many "take em to a vet" as the first answer on
their lips.

The profit motive might explain why a reply author would pat an
original poster on the back for spending $8,000 on their pets at a
veterinarian clinic. The same amount of money could have kept dozens
of stray cats from dying horrible deaths on the street or for being
euthanized, or it could have been used by a trap/neuter/release
program. For what it's worth, I'm not saying the original poster did
the wrong thing (it's a philosophical question IMO), I'm saying
there are other ways and places to show you care.

Yeah, FWIW, I LOVE animals and try to help them whenever I can. Animals
are better than people generally. An animal won't stab u in the back,
won't kill for no reason. It won't plot against you. It won't pretend to
be your friend for ulterior motives. Cf. Mark Twain's essay on this,
quite humorous. It is ridiculous in most cases to spend that amount of
money on a pet, imo. But if you're rich, you don't really care what you
spend or where it goes to as long as it helps YOU YOURSELF, in most
cases. That is human nature, often. And most of these vets, they exist
for owners that are willing to spend $8K or more on one animal. That is
how they maintain their usually nice and expensive buildings and
equipment and their frequently bloated staff. Their business is profit,
not the welfare of animals.

When someone insults a poster for not rushing to a veterinarian,
that is IMO flat wrong and smells of something worse than a
fake-compassionate tough guy wanna-be.

One of the nice things about the net (there's alot wrong with it) is
that I can get up to date and good medical diagnostic information and
treatment options in a few seconds. This means I don't have to rely on
shyster "doctors" with their rip off prices and compassionless
treatment.

Old November 20th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:16:25 +0100 (CET), boardofreality wrote:

All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't fooling
anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe if enough

Never ascribe malice to that which can be just as easily explained by
ignorance and stupidity.

Nobody in this group is out to get you. If anything, we're just tired of
the incessant "my cat is coughing up blood, duh, what should I do" posts where
the incredibly obvious answer is to get off your ass and get kitty to a vet.
Old November 26th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

AZ Nomad wrote in
:

wrote:

All you vet techs, and other kmart vet staff out there aren't fooling
anyone by pretending to be only private pet owners. Maybe if enough

Never ascribe malice to that which can be just as easily explained by
ignorance and stupidity.

I agree with the statement above.

Nobody in this group is out to get you.

Never said that, can you quote me on that?

If anything, we're just tired
of the incessant "my cat is coughing up blood, duh, what should I do"
posts where the incredibly obvious answer is to get off your ass and
get kitty to a vet.

Never made any such post. In a case like that, I WOULD take him to a
vet. That is often an emergency situation. But most of the other stuff
can be handled by an intelligent owner. Also owners that are too poor to
pay up front, mercernary and inflated costs of vets, might just have to
let nature have it's way in such a situation, since the predominately
greedy veternarians out there DEMAND cash payment in full, regardless of
the suffering of animals. Too bad for those animals and their owners.
Pay or die.

Old November 27th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:10:53 +0100 (CET), u wrote:
let nature have it's way in such a situation, since the predominately
greedy veternarians out there DEMAND cash payment in full, regardless of

Your paranoia is showing again. Please get back on your meds.