"Science Diet" Hairball Control Sensitivity

Old October 22nd 03, 10:49 PM
GAUBSTER2

Ok, and your example here was disputed by somebody else (I don't recall who
at
the time) who actually WORKS in a vet office and stated that drug companies
provided merchandise like that--NOT Hill's.

Nope - you're making this **** up now. Pull the post if that's true.

I'm not making anything up. Go back and look it up. Perhaps you just didn't
read that post? I'm not going to take the time to go back through hundreds of
posts to prove a point that you will just dispute anyhow.

I worked for a feline specialty hospital, I received the
benefits (when the vet was generous enough to give them away, not that
I wanted the stuff, but I was a gracious recipient) and I unpacked
what was delivered.

Wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?

I talked w/ a Hill's rep quite a
while ago and they stated that they specifically DON'T buy stuff like that.

They don't BUY it, it is sent from Hill's corporate office,
commensurate to the amount of product that is sold by the institution,
in this case, a hospital.

What year was that?

There are other posts about Hills giving away free or low cost cat
food to vet students, as well as other freebies, in the Google
archives. It's not exactly a secret.

Yeah, and EVERYBODY does it. That's my point.

My
vet friend confirmed this by saying that he has drug companies offer
merchandise and other quality "spiffs" frequently, but Hill's does not.

Well, then either he doesn't push it enough to get the bennies or he's
a liar too.

How nice of you to suggest that someone whom you don't even know and is a
friend of mine would be a liar. That's pretty pathetic, even for you.

Yet Hill's gets bashed.

Because they suck. They get bashed because their products are crap,
and they push their products through vets by offering such benefits.
Many people in this newsgroup came to the same, negative conclusion
after trying their foods. It's not a conspiracy, ya know.

That's simply your opinion. If I think you suck, does that make it so?
You are however ignoring the millions of pets that are thriving on their diets
(not to mention have had their lives saved). What do you have to say about
their research, about the $$ they grant to further small animal nutritional
research, the food they donate to shelters, the military, the government, and
low-income families for their dogs and cats? Your precious Nutro does nothing
like that and instead buys off the recommendation for feed stores and pet
stores by offering the same spiffs that you abhor. I think you mentioned
Eukanuba is fed to your dogs. They do the same stuff that Hill's does in many
instances including offering discounts or free food to vet students. You are
very selective in your accusations. FWIW, many people in this ng bash Hill's
because there is a fringe element here that doesn't tolerate dissenting opinion
and looks the other way when it comes to the facts.

You will note that the "cheap crap" was an aside in my post. Much of
what is sent is not "cheap crap". Gas grills and leather jackets
aren't "cheap crap", in my book, nor are sports bags and turtleneck
sweaters.

How many gas grills, leather jackets, turtlenexk sweaters, and sports bags are
we talking about here?

Old October 22nd 03, 10:53 PM
GAUBSTER2

L has worked for vets too so I think she knows what goes on.

Do you know her personally? If not, then what do you know about it?
Old October 22nd 03, 10:53 PM
GAUBSTER2

Old October 22nd 03, 10:55 PM
GAUBSTER2

Are you suggesting that this is a bad thing??

Not bad per se, but it just makes sense when these vets who have had their
schooling funded by Hill's tend to push the Hill's foods, not so much because
they believe in them, but rather they feel an obligation of sorts, know what
mean? The vet tech at my last vet's office told me this is pretty common. I
also think studies should be funded indendent of large pet food corporations
for an unbiased result.

Vets don't have their schooling "funded" by Hill's. That is an outright lie
that is spread by people who have an anti-Hill's agenda. I've asked vets that
carry Hill's if this was the case and while they all wish it was, it simply
doesn't happen. Lauren, this has been covered here before and for you to
suggest that this happens is an outright deception on your part.

Old October 22nd 03, 10:57 PM
GAUBSTER2

First of all, it's "pH" not "Ph". Secondly, the onus is on *you* to
prove your statement: "...I believe that all of their feline dry
products acidify a cat's urinary Ph output below the normal range of
6.2-6.4."

We are still waiting for your substantiative data.

Why don't you call them yourself since you aren't going to believe anything I
say? You probably don't really want to know or you would have to face yourself
in the mirror and realize you're not feeding "what's best" for you cat(s).

I stated an opinion that can be easily verified by calling the company
themselves.

Old October 22nd 03, 10:59 PM
GAUBSTER2

My cat never had anal gland problems until we started feeding her Science
Diet
food. Once we got her off Science Diet, the anal gland problem never
returned.
Strange coincidence, I'd say. Even the vet recommended not feeding Science
Diet anymore.

Lauren

Lauren, Phil seems to be right. I've seen you just this year blame every
possible problem on Science Diet.

Old October 22nd 03, 11:00 PM
GAUBSTER2

When I used to feed SD my cat Audrey was *always* leaking anal gland
liquid hell, on top of other problems. Now, she only does once in a blue
moon *thank god*!!

This is a new one! Science Diet causes excessive "anal gland leakage"!

LOL
More Hill's bashing!

Nice to know *you* can't say something without being a jerk about it...

Just because your post made me laugh doesn't mean I'm a jerk. You really need
to relax! LOL!