Jellicle Ball 2012

Old September 25th 12, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default Jellicle Ball 2012

Amelia: I DO hope the Bast's High Priestess does come, she was such a
delightful cat last year. Did I met Big Mama last year?!? Is she really
a full size Black Panther, or another Bombay like me -- sometimes called
a mini "Black Panther" as we tend to look exactly like panthers... only
much, much, smaller?? Though that gives me an idea... IF "Big Mama" is
NOT a full sized Black Panther, I could shape shift into one and patrol
the halls to ensure that NO foolish human DARE even THINK about crashing
our party -- now THAT would be FUN!!! Now *THAT* would be the ULTIMATE
"costume" for Halloween!!!! Trick or Treat!!!! Hehehehe.

Back in June of 2006 the Community had a party on the beach at Catalina
Island, and while we there we met Big Mama who is a big black mountain
lion. You can find the first reference to her at http://goo.gl/Tyi2m and
looking for a post by Jocko (signed as RPCC Adventure cats) on June 6. I
think she'd love to have the company of another big cat.

I'd like to propose an idea and see if any cat would like to second
it: Normally the Jellicle Ball is held for only one night, that being
the night of the 1st full moon in October, after which come the sunrise
we retreat to spend 3 days of meditation reflecting on on our Jellicle
lives and those that have gone before us. This year since the Fill Moon
occurs on the 29th of October, and Halloween is the 31st of October, I
propose we EXTEND the Jellicle Ball all the way through Halloween, and
come the Sunrise of All Souls Day, we retreat back to our homes to
begin our 3 days of meditations and reflections. Indeed given that
Halloween is so close to the Jellicle Ball, ALL cats -- but BLACK CATS
in particular -- will be in DANGER from deranged HUMANS, this way we
KNOW where all the Community cats are, and so should be SAFE -- Safety
in numbers you know -- unless they O.D. on 'nip.

Well, that works for me, but we also have to remember the flexibility of
Community time relative to earth time. While the Ball will start at
moonrise on the 29th of October, it will seem to our humans as if the
Ball is lasting for several days. Many of our humans tend to forget that
we cats are masters of our environments, even to the extent of
controlling the rate at which we experience time. So we will most likely
still be celebrating the first night of the Jellicle Ball at the same
time that our humans are celebrating Halloween (or Samhain, or All Saints
Day, or whichever human holiday they observe). That way we could easily
celebrate the autumnal observation with our humans, and keep our
melanistic Community members safe, quite easily.

I'd also like to propose that some cat contact Bast's High Priestess
and request that should she come that she bring with *several* of her
guards to provide security. While this year we don't have to ensure
that Bast's Temple remain undiscovered, this year we need to ensure that
deranged humans don't accidentally find us and make off with one of us
for use as an "animal sacrifice" on Halloween... hard to believe that
this is the 21st Century and there are kooky humans who still practice
animal sacrifice. Sad... Do we have any volunteers for this job?!?

Already done! I'm sorry I forgot to mention if before, but I was
contacted a few weeks ago by Anuit, the High Priestess of Bast. She
wanted to ask whether she and her community of Second World cats were
welcome to attend the Ball, and I told that they most certainly were.
Anuit will be here to join us, and she will be bringing along her
Norwegian Forest Cat guards (who are also her assistants, since she is
very elderly).

ANY human that is allowed to attend this years Ball in particular *MUST*
be vouched for by 3 cats, or unless they are already HC's . Any D*G
that is allowed to attend must likewise be vouched for as SAFE by 3
cats and must have proof of rabies vaccination.

My brofur Samuel Redcat has been working on that. All of the humans who
have so far expressed an interest in attending have been investigated and
have excellent references, and I'm Sammy would be delighted to deliver a
report if asked. Likewise the dogs who have expressed an interest. In
fact, I believe has even extended invitations to several dogs, including
Bear and Samantha and Aunti Mabel. I don't know if he has received
replies yet.

This may turn into one of those Jellicle Balls that may live on in
infamy in the annals of rpcc lore!!! Cats, and Humans and D*Gs... and
MAYBE a full sized Black Panther on the prowl -- Oh my!!!

It could indeed!

Amelia
Old October 1st 12, 10:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Sep 25, 7:43*am, Amelia T Cat wrote:
[...]

Amelia its me Misty. Sorry I did not back to you sooner but the Bobcat
tore the entire keyboard apart to "clean" it!!! I even tried to help
him by moving one of the "key covers". He stormed all over the
apartment looking for it. All he had to do was ask me, but NO.... What
an ungrateful Human, all I was trying to do is HELP him put the
keyboard back together.!!!! Something about "dirt" and "grunge". I am
working on the Bobcat to see if he will play the "Mad Scientist" for
us -- he even has a Lab Coat -- actually more than one -- and all. He
is going to be a difficult case to convince to get on the teleporter,
but he WILL come around. I promise he WILL be there!!!

Ah this will be a magical Ball for sure. I envy all the cats who have
wink-winks. Halloween and Cats -- especially BLACK Cats -- go
together. Ever since I read the diary of my great, great, great, great
Grand Dam Bonnie and her Galaxy, the Snow White Cat, I find myself
dreaming of the two of them. They must have been a sight to behold!!!
In reading over her diary he must have been some Cat to tame her
heart. TED use to refer to her as "The Cat from Hell". While I have
inherited some of her spunk I am quite genteel next to her, probably
best as more than one tom had his ears "boxed" by her. I can't see
myself boxing any tom's ears... no not my way: now if they give me any
trouble I'd simply turn them into a mouse for a few hours until the
spell wears off.... joking of course.

BTW do we know which castle on Cat Island the Ball will be held in or
is that still under consideration?!? If you could use a spare paw with
the decorating co-mitt-tee I be glad to help. Can you see the Great
Hall all decked out in Orange and Black?!? Can you hear the band
playing "The Monster Mash" and "Elvira". Hopefully you have some
Gentleman Cat who will escort you to this year's Ball.

Got to scat I hear the Bobcat stirring. Bye

Misty
Old October 1st 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

If the Community selects Cat Island as the venue, rather than a castle
they have a great hall carved out of rock with a bunch of caves weaving
around it.

If the Community chooses the Countess' castle, it would be the one that
used to be her summer castle but is now the property of and under the
care of the cats that live nearby. It is ancient (even by human
standards) and is home to many ghosts, all of them friendly.

Or I suppose the Countess would also be willing to offer the use of her
current castle, which is sometimes used as a movie set for cat-made
movies.

I guess we should all start discussing our preferences for this year's
venue.

Amelia
Old October 2nd 12, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

Diz is awl tu mutch fur mai mynd tu grasp rite nao.
Ai wyl sleep on et n git bak tu yu awl wif sum idearz.
YAAAAAAWN..sawry
Mosey

Fangu fur da remineder, Amelia. If da komoonitee wud like, I iz purrpared
to be da Mistriss uv Serrymoniez agin. I beleev it wuz Azad hoo did da
kallin uv da namez, an I hopez he will do dat agin.

Rebecca

The Jellicle Ball is still more than two months away (I believe it's
October 29th this year), but I'd like to start kitties thinking about
possible locations for this year's event. Where do you kitties think
might be appropriate this year?

Amelia T Cat

Old October 2nd 12, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Oct 1, 8:41*pm, "Mosey =^..^=" wrote:
Diz is awl tu mutch fur mai mynd tu grasp rite nao.
Ai wyl sleep on et n git bak tu yu awl wif sum idearz.
YAAAAAAWN..sawry
Mosey

Fangu fur da remineder, Amelia. If da komoonitee wud like, I iz purrpared
to be da Mistriss uv Serrymoniez agin. I beleev it wuz Azad hoo did da
kallin uv da namez, an I hopez he will do dat agin.
Rebecca
The Jellicle Ball is still more than two months away (I believe it's
October 29th this year), but I'd like to start kitties thinking about
possible locations for this year's event. Where do you kitties think
might be appropriate this year?

Amelia T Cat

I like the idea of a CASTLE with its Great Hall and would be the
purrrfect place for a spooky Halloween Ball. Besides I don't think
we've done a castle for a backdrop before.

Misty

Old October 2nd 12, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Bobcat" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 8:41 pm, "Mosey =^..^=" wrote:
I like the idea of a CASTLE with its Great Hall and would be the
purrrfect place for a spooky Halloween Ball. Besides I don't think
we've done a castle for a backdrop before.

Misty

Diz iz uh gudgud slugezshun. Seowndz gud tu meee.
I sekund it!
--
Pit2ô.ônya

Old October 29th 12, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_5_]

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
The Jellicle Ball is still more than two months away (I
believe it's
October 29th this year), but I'd like to start kitties
thinking about
possible locations for this year's event. Where do you kitties
think
might be appropriate this year?

Amelia T Cat

OMBast! Datz Tumarrow!
Pit2nya, waking up from anudder nap...

Old October 29th 12, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
The Jellicle Ball is still more than two months away (I believe it's
October 29th this year), but I'd like to start kitties thinking about
possible locations for this year's event. Where do you kitties think
might be appropriate this year?

Amelia T Cat

OMBast! Datz Tumarrow!
Pit2nya, waking up from anudder nap...

Yes, it iz! I iz werkin on myown welkummin speech. In da meen time, did
enneekittee say dey wuz goin to take kare uv da gestbuk tabul?

Rebecca

Old October 29th 12, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On 2012-10-29 05:21:50 -0500, Rebecca said:

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message
The Jellicle Ball is still more than two months away (I believe it's
October 29th this year), but I'd like to start kitties thinking about
possible locations for this year's event. Where do you kitties think
might be appropriate this year?

Amelia T Cat

OMBast! Datz Tumarrow!
Pit2nya, waking up from anudder nap...

Yes, it iz! I iz werkin on myown welkummin speech. In da meen time, did
enneekittee say dey wuz goin to take kare uv da gestbuk tabul?

Rebecca

Yes, I believe that Mosey and his wink and his family volunteered to
take care of the guest book table.

Amelia