Iams cat food

Old December 25th 04, 04:48 PM
---MIKE---

That is very misleading. Most pet food companies "test" on animals. In
order to see if their food is nutritionally good, they feed it to
animals. This is a quote from a Wellness package - "Animal feeding
tests using Association of American Feed Control Officials procedures
substantiate that Wellness Super5Mix Lite Cat Food provides complete and
balanced nutrition for maintenance". On the other hand, Procter and
Gamble (parent company of Iams) used to conduct tests of some of their
other products (such as cosmetics) on animals.

---MIKE---

Old December 25th 04, 05:52 PM
MBankaT

Default Iams cat food

Can anyone enlighten me on Iams cat food? My 2 were always feed Nutro and
did okay on it. My husband got two free coupons for Iams and bought the
bags (two different flavors) at first he said we would only feed them it as
snacks. To make a long story short, they are now eating it full time and
absoultelly love it.

They seem to be eating much more of it but also seem to be doing very well
on it (much more active and happy). I guess my guestion is that while it
has some good nutritional value to it, it also has byproducts in it as well.
I tried to go out of my way to feed them only the best but what do any of
you think.

Old December 26th 04, 12:00 AM

MBankaT wrote:
[...]

My cats have been eating IAMs practically their whole lives. My oldest
cat is 18.5 and is very healthy.
Beth