TED thing done All is well

Old January 28th 05, 07:38 PM
Jo Firey

Default TED thing done All is well

The time had finally come for everyone to check in with the local vet.
Overdue shots, checkups, etc.

Jake went yesterday. All he needed was to get his shots current. Clean
bill of health otherwise. Doesn't even need his teeth cleaned and he's six
years old. The vet approved of his weight and his coat and his behavior and
everything.

Today was Molly's turn. (Yesterday was really her turn but she was nowhere
to be found when it was time to go) She got the leftover stitches out from
when she was fixed. And also a clean bill of health. Vet was very
impressed with how well she is doing for an ex feral. When we got her she
had a rash and black stuff under her chin. I've been treating it with a
clean old toothbrush and some Neosporin once a week. Its almost all cleared
up and she has nice new fur on her chin. Vet said that can be hard to treat
and was glad that was working. Her teeth and ears are clear, etc. She
was calm and well behaved on the trip and at the vet. That really pleased
me. I had no idea how she might react.

Molly got chipped today, so she is now officially a domestic cat. Her 18
months as a feral and her life on the streets are officially over. She has
a certificate with her name on it and everything.

She, of course is totally unimpressed.

Jo

Old January 28th 05, 09:04 PM
Christina Websell

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

YAY JO!!! WTG.
Great news about Jake.
Molly will be different. As she's been feral, she'll probably never be like
a kitten tame from birth, so don't expect it but you can build on it.

Tweed

Old January 28th 05, 10:55 PM
Victor Martinez

Awwww... what a good girl!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 29th 05, 02:21 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 28 Jan 2005 02:38:20p, Jo Firey wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

The time had finally come for everyone to check in with the
local vet. Overdue shots, checkups, etc.

Yay! Glad everyone is doing well, and I'm impressed by Molly too!

--
Cheryl
Old January 29th 05, 04:04 AM
Julie Cook

Jo Firey wrote:

[...]

Yea, Molly. You may be unimpressed but the rest of us know what a
momentous day you've had and we're very pleased. Headbutts for Jake as
well.

Julie and The Pride of Stone Mountain
Old January 29th 05, 06:12 AM
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:

The time had finally come for everyone to check in with the local vet.
Overdue shots, checkups, etc.

Glad to hear both are doing so well, and especially impressed with
well-behaved Molly. You've done good with her!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki