Humane tummy trap

Old November 22nd 05, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Humane tummy trap

This morning, Dulce Mae was being sweet and loving, giving me her
best "Please don't go to work" behavior.

At one point, she went into upside-downy-head position, which always
makes me stop to love her. At another point, she laid atop my
carry-all and refused to budge.

Finally, Dulce Mae rolled on her back and asked for tummy rubs. I
fell for it. As I started rubbing her tummy, she grabbed my hand with
all four paws (no claws - the humane part - grin) and laid her head on
my hand. And refused to let go.

Poor baby - I had to peel her off so I could go, but she got extra
love and kisses before I left - a little late, but worth every minute.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old November 22nd 05, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:07:51 -0000, Mark Edwards
yodeled:

This morning, Dulce Mae was being sweet and loving, giving me her
best "Please don't go to work" behavior.

At one point, she went into upside-downy-head position, which always
makes me stop to love her. At another point, she laid atop my
carry-all and refused to budge.

Finally, Dulce Mae rolled on her back and asked for tummy rubs. I
fell for it. As I started rubbing her tummy, she grabbed my hand with
all four paws (no claws - the humane part - grin) and laid her head on
my hand. And refused to let go.

Poor baby - I had to peel her off so I could go, but she got extra
love and kisses before I left - a little late, but worth every minute.

Aww. Stinky makes me late for work, too, by jumping in my lap just
while I'm finishing up the newspaper. He gets settled in, and starts
purring. More than one time, I got so relaxed I dozed off.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 23rd 05, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:
Finally, Dulce Mae rolled on her back and asked for tummy rubs. I
fell for it. As I started rubbing her tummy, she grabbed my hand with
all four paws (no claws - the humane part - grin) and laid her head on
my hand. And refused to let go.

I didn't even know that they came in a humane variant! Dulce Mae is
wonderful and innovative.

Old November 23rd 05, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
Aww. Stinky makes me late for work, too, by jumping in my lap just
while I'm finishing up the newspaper. He gets settled in, and starts
purring. More than one time, I got so relaxed I dozed off.

You dozed off before work? How extreme! These days, Betty and I seem
to have almost opposite schedules. She gets sleepy just as I'm
getting up, so she always wants me to stay in bed! I know from
watching her that she can sometimes sleep 10 hours straight if she's
really cozy and relaxed. Sometimes, she goes to sleep just as I'm
going to work, and it's so weird coming home and seeing the food bowl
not even touched.

Old November 23rd 05, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

..

Poor baby - I had to peel her off so I could go, but she got extra
love and kisses before I left - a little late, but worth every minute.

I am always running late because of the Furballs. It starts with
Sarrasine in the bath where she demands to be stroked, rolls over for
tummy tickles etc etc. Then when I get to the front door Redunzel
always wants to go out and patrol our landing for Greeblings before
being picked up and given a hug

Every morning I have to get up ten minutes early so I can fuss over
them and not be late for work- some mornings I even manage it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 23rd 05, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:

Mark Edwards wrote:
Finally, Dulce Mae rolled on her back and asked for tummy rubs. I
fell for it. As I started rubbing her tummy, she grabbed my hand with
all four paws (no claws - the humane part - grin) and laid her head on
my hand. And refused to let go.

I didn't even know that they came in a humane variant! Dulce Mae is
wonderful and innovative.

If a cat likes tummy rubs, it behooves him/her to develop a
humane variant of that trap. Will, who likes tummy rubs
inordinately, is extremely careful.

Among the barn cats of my childhood, there were a couple that it
was even safe to pick up that way. When they rolled their
tummies up for attention, we could dig in just enough to spring
the trap and then lift them up into the baby-cradle position.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old November 23rd 05, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote in message

This morning, Dulce Mae was being sweet and loving, giving me her
best "Please don't go to work" behavior.

At one point, she went into upside-downy-head position, which always
makes me stop to love her. At another point, she laid atop my
carry-all and refused to budge.

Finally, Dulce Mae rolled on her back and asked for tummy rubs. I
fell for it. As I started rubbing her tummy, she grabbed my hand with
all four paws (no claws - the humane part - grin) and laid her head on
my hand. And refused to let go.

Poor baby - I had to peel her off so I could go, but she got extra
love and kisses before I left - a little late, but worth every minute.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

What a cutie She was well worth rescuing.

Jeanette