Very bad time.

Old July 28th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default Very bad time.

purring is in progress for your hand, Tiger fur hiz howze
Fred Williams wrote in message
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that this is a flare up of the
infection, because it's starting to swell up my hand again. I'll give
it just another hour or so and see what's happening with it.
I already had the operation, but they did it through little

keyhole
incisions and injected saline through the tendon sheath like it was a
garden hose. That's a weird feeling I can tell you. But If this is
the infection again, I'll probably be in for more of it. I really
don't like this part.

The cats don't like being left alone while I'm at the hospital

either.
It's no fun for any of us.

Fred

On July 28, 2006 8:38 am, Stormmee wrote:

stick with the exercises, when I got bit *40 pound cat* it tore my
hand up to the point I couldn't use it for months, and now there are
just a few things my hand won't do, I refused surgery, Lee
Fred Williams wrote in message
Fangu, Stormmee. Just an update. I have my pills and
everything

is
going not too badly. There is still some swelling in the finger, but
it may be due to irritation from the exercises which really pull on
the
tendon. There is no redness and it doesn't seem to be spreading. So
we'll continue for now and maybe it'll go away.
Fred.

--
Regards,
Fred

Old July 29th 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

Those purrs worked very well. The hospital got me through emergency in
record time, but the diagnosis was that I was going too hard on the
exercises they gave me and the swelling was due to the tendon being
irritated, not due to the bacteria. So I have a clean bill of health
and if the infection is not back now, it is unlikely to return. It's a
load off my mind, Now I just have the regular nightmares to worry
about.

Fred.

Old July 29th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

wonnerful newz, we knowz you playz da panio so diz iz gud your paw err hand
willz be gud soon, Tiger

Old July 29th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder

Fred Williams wrote:

(hooman note):
There is some good news. The doctors have taken out all the hardware
and pronounced me fit, hoping nothing comes back in the way of
infection. The black lining on this silver cloud is that I forgot my
medicines at the hospital, You know how you take them in with you when
you go, so TED knows what's been prescribed. I did this and was so
traumatized by the treatment that I forgot to ask for them back. When
I got home I realized I had no auntie-biotics.
But I'll go back in the morning and see if I can get them. But so far,
s good. It's supposed to be OK now. Tine will tell.

That's GREAT news, Fred! Your first post really freaked me out, what
with the risk of losing a finger. I'm soooo glad it's "so far, so
good" and hope you got your medications back yesterday...you'll need
to keep taking Auntie Biotic for awhile, I suspect.

Melissa
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old July 30th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

On July 29, 2006 6:49 pm, The Clowder (South wrote:

Fred Williams wrote:

[...]

Yes, and I'm taking them. There is now very little chance of the
infection coming back now, but wow did I get through the Emergency Room
quickly this last time. Turns out that the exercises to recover
mobility in the finger, I was doing were irritating the tendon and
causing the swelling that I had noticed. There were no more bacteria
involved, so I got out of the hospital and went to a party.
I'm even starting to play piano a little, although I can't quite
squeeze a clothes pin yet. The finger is still too weak. Likely
tomorrow I will, though. Starting to catch up on my laundry and
cleaning after a week of not using my right hand.

Fred.

We'z all furry happpy Fred is staying home today. But we know he
missed cleaning ourownselves litterboxes. Grrrrrrrr.

Diana, Ryan, and Cinnamon.

Old July 30th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

tell yourown hooman, ifin hez getz xtra toonaz, *soft sayz diz iza fanticy*
dat he needz get yourownselvez a 'letric box, den if dey duzint feel gud da
box cleanz fur da hoomanz, Tiger and Trudi, 'lectric box supervisors

Old July 30th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

wrote in message ...
On July 29, 2006 6:49 pm, The Clowder (South wrote:

It's an intrestin idearment. He has thought a number uv tymes about
tha one that teaches uss to use da hooman toylet. We have always been
intrested in da toylet espeshialy wen it flushes. We think it would be
great to get away from da litter boxes. In fact We're going tu suggest
to Fred that he look it up on da Net.

Diana, wif Ryan and Cinnamon sleepin nearby.

Old July 30th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we haza littermaid? mate?? i didn't read it gud, it haza rake anna putz da
litter inna box afur you iz owt anna den da hooman emtpiez da box later,
butted da poopin area iz clean fur anofur cat... anna soft thinkz you save
onna buying litterz kuz lezz iz skuped away, Trudi, pooerbox watcher

Old July 30th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams

Default Toilet raining cats. Was:( Very bad time.)

On July 30, 2006 1:45 pm, Stormmee wrote:

we haza littermaid? mate?? i didn't read it gud, it haza rake anna
putz da litter inna box afur you iz owt anna den da hooman emtpiez da
box later, butted da poopin area iz clean fur anofur cat... anna soft
thinkz you save onna buying litterz kuz lezz iz skuped away, Trudi,

Right now we'z usin a regualar "multi-cat" litter and Fred uses a
slotted scoop. I guess many of you have the same system. We'z not to
crazy about mechanical boxes, but could be willin tu lern.
Have you or ennyone exoerience with the CitiKitty toilet training
system? If this is reasonably effective, I think it would be the way
to go. We cats are already curious about the toilet and enny water
flowing. It fascinates usses! It's a technology already in place in
the best compartments and it wood mean zero fuss for our hooman wif no
worries about hisownself forgettin tu clean our boxes out and usses
havin to go inna stinkin old litter. Wen that happenz, we leaf
hisownself messages, but his memory duzn't improf. Well at least it's
not tuu often.
Ifn we coud use da toylet like hisownself, we'd feel more equal and
more like famili.

Diana, Ryan & Cinnamon

Old July 30th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we duzint have 'sprince wif diz system, TV fellin when hizsef wuz a kitten
so he wuuld nefur doit, Tiger