cat with dislocated leg

Old March 6th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default cat with dislocated leg

he was an unneutered very feral tomcat which showed up on our doorstep
several years ago and it was only in the last few months that we've even
been able to touch him much less pick him up. we kept him in most of the
winter during the bad days but he's torn our curtains to shreds and taken
out most of the screens. we will be keeping him inside from now on and we
will be taking him back to the vet in two months for another x-ray to see
if the pelvis has healed. if it has, he will be scheduled for a neutering.
his blood tests were all good with no viruses or diseases present.

From: "cybercat"
The most important question is, will you keep your cat inside now? You might
have avoided this expense not to mention the injury and pain your cat has
experienced if you had only kept him in.

Old March 6th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message ...
he was an unneutered very feral tomcat which showed up on our doorstep
several years ago and it was only in the last few months that we've even
been able to touch him much less pick him up. we kept him in most of the
winter during the bad days but he's torn our curtains to shreds and taken
out most of the screens. we will be keeping him inside from now on and we
will be taking him back to the vet in two months for another x-ray to see
if the pelvis has healed. if it has, he will be scheduled for a neutering.
his blood tests were all good with no viruses or diseases present.

What you do for this cat will come back to you tenfold. It really will.

Old March 9th 09, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 23:28:31 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
he was an unneutered very feral tomcat which showed up on our doorstep
several years ago and it was only in the last few months that we've even
been able to touch him much less pick him up. we kept him in most of the
winter during the bad days but he's torn our curtains to shreds and taken
out most of the screens. we will be keeping him inside from now on and we
will be taking him back to the vet in two months for another x-ray to see
if the pelvis has healed. if it has, he will be scheduled for a neutering.
his blood tests were all good with no viruses or diseases present.

What you do for this cat will come back to you tenfold. It really will.

Especially if you keep him indoors without having him neutered :-)

I inherited two cats when a roommate left abruptly (jail) and had no
idea that they needed to be fixed. That is, until one started spraying
on some albums. Then I got them fixed. But I put those albums into a
plastic bag to keep them from stinking up the place. It's now around
25 years later and those albums still stay in that plastic bag.

Good deed on your part though.