[OT] Bikini Waxing

Old June 10th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing

wafflycat wrote:
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Does anyone do it themselves???

Not only no, but heck no!

No.. errr... 'back, sack & crack' then Victor?

On a TV show (daytime) a while ago, they actually showed a guy having
this done.

It made me wince ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Just the memory of seeing that makes me wince. No way will I ever do that!
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 10th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
As a teenager, I tried Nair once on my legs and remember

1) My legs turned red and hurt
2) No sign of it actually making any attempt at removing hair from my
legs

I have a tiny patch of hair on my chest, really pathetic, actually.
I often trim it and then give it a pass with the electric shaver. One time
I decided to try one of those "no pain" products they sell. OMG!!!
I gave myself a nasty burn that was very hard to explain at the beach a
few days later.

Charlie has that which I think is cool and convenient. With an open collar
it looks like he has a tough guy hairy chest, when that single patch is all
of it.

Grandson is working for Abercrombie and Fitch, and they are considering him
for some modeling work. Just doesn't seem to me the waxing would be worth
it. One of his girlfriends who's mom owned a spa got him to go all Metro
for a while. But this kid has fur. Still cleans up the eye brows but let
the rest and the girl go.

Jo

Jo

Old June 10th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, Victor Martinez penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
As a teenager, I tried Nair once on my legs and remember

1) My legs turned red and hurt 2) No sign of it actually making any
attempt at removing hair from my legs

I have a tiny patch of hair on my chest, really pathetic, actually.
I often trim it and then give it a pass with the electric shaver.
One time I decided to try one of those "no pain" products they sell.
OMG!!! I gave myself a nasty burn that was very hard to explain at
the beach a few days later.

Hehe. Did it actually remove any hair?

As I recall, I did my little experiment the day my parents were having
a party (they used to throw huge parties with 50+ people), so I also
recall being a tad bit embarrassed.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, Yowie penned:

Dark hair transmits the laser energy to the follicle (thereby kiling
it) far better than light hair for some reason. It would be
pointless lasering blonde hair, as hte follicle just wouldn't die at
a safe level of energy.

Weird. Thanks for the info.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, badwilson penned:

That's right, you explained it much better than I ever could. Funny
story. Many of my girlfriends in Bangkok were having their bikini
line lasered, it was really cheap. I explained why I couldn't have
it done, but expressed confusion over how my friend Meghan could do
it because she's a redhead too. In typical southern American
fashion, she said to me: "Girlfriend, my luggage doesn't match!" Got
a good laugh out of that one!

I've never heard that one (then again, I'm not Southern). Mostly I've
heard the one about the carpet matching the drapes, or something silly
like that.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
As a teenager, I tried Nair once on my legs and remember

1) My legs turned red and hurt
2) No sign of it actually making any attempt at removing hair from my
legs

I have a tiny patch of hair on my chest, really pathetic, actually.
I often trim it and then give it a pass with the electric shaver. One
time I decided to try one of those "no pain" products they sell.
OMG!!! I gave myself a nasty burn that was very hard to explain at
the beach a few days later.

Dennis is pretty furry. Really furry in fact. When he was 18, he got
this stupid tattoo on his chest of a cartoon fly or mosquito or
something. Anyway, it got so faded and overgrown with hair, that it
just looked like a nasty bruise.
About 7 years ago, he had another tattoo put over it, to cover the old
one up. It was nice, but he was supposed to go back and have the black
outline done over again. It's a celtic knot. Anyway, he never got
around to it.
So one time we were in Chiang Mai, and I had had my foot tatooed on a
previous visit and this tattoo is lasting really, really well. It was
done by hand with needles taped to a chopstick.
So we thought it would be a good idea to get Dennis' tattoo outline done
that way and it would look a lot better and be able to be seen better
under the fur.
Well, they shaved a cd sized patch out of his chest hair and did the
tattoo. We got back to the hotel and were laughing about the hole in
his fur and all of a sudden, he got this bright idea to shave it all
off.
OMG, what a nightmare. We went through all 5 razor blades that he had
and only got about half done. It was a ragged looking mess. Finally we
gave up and Dennis couldn't take his shirt off at the beach for weeks!
And the stubble and associated itchiness just drove him crazy! Never
again.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old June 10th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, Yowie penned:

Hmph! When my leg hair started coming in at puberty, my mother
insisted that if I shaved it would come back thicker and thicker,
and handed me the Nair.

I think that is true, to some extent. I don't know about thicker and
thicker (although my mom also told me that story), but I have
definitely found that my hair got much finer after I stopped shaving.

So there I am, in the bathroom, standing with stinking, stinging
cream all over my lower legs, and with my arms up in the air so the
stinking, stinging cream could be on my pits.

[snip]

Ugh, what an awful experience! I'm sure your mom meant well, but
yipes!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, badwilson penned:

The hair on the top of my head has been grey since I was 26 or so.
The rest of my hair is still reddish blond. If I didn't dye it, it
would look ridiculous. I've been colouring it myself for almost 10
years. It's easy, I just pick a colour that's close to my natural
colour and it blends right in.

If I had grey or light blonde hair, I think I'd have way too much fun
dying it crazy colors (green, blue, pink ...)

My hair is dark blonde / light brown, and to do that I'd have to
bleach my hair first, which just ends up being a long, expensive, and
ultimately bad-for-my-hair process.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:52:05 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Marina wrote:
susceptible to breast cancer. This was because the aluminium that is
present in most deodorants travels unobstructed into the bloodstream
through the open follicles, while if you have armpit hair, they protect
you against this.

Yikes! This would affect men too! I trim (as short as the electric
trimmer will go) the hair in my armpits for two reasons:
* the less hair I have there, the better contact my antitranspirant
makes with the skin, so less perspiration
* also, less surface area there is for bacteria to grow, thus there is
less smell

It's practical!

I am allergic to the aluminum compound in antiperspirants. I can use
a deodorant-only brand, but antiperspirants make my armpits break out
in hives. Not a fun experience!

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

WAH! [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 December 27th 05 06:56 PM
Need Job Purrs [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 32 May 17th 05 01:49 PM
What colour candles? [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 May 11th 05 01:49 PM
[OT] Warning for bird owners (and parents of small children) Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 9 May 10th 05 06:17 PM
Beer Golf [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 4th 05 02:53 PM