[OT] Bikini Waxing

Old June 10th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing

On 2006-06-10, badwilson penned:

The hair on the top of my head has been grey since I was 26 or so.
The rest of my hair is still reddish blond. If I didn't dye it, it
would look ridiculous. I've been colouring it myself for almost 10
years. It's easy, I just pick a colour that's close to my natural
colour and it blends right in.

If I had grey or light blonde hair, I think I'd have way too much fun
dying it crazy colors (green, blue, pink ...)

Age may have something to do with that! (Of course, for all
I know, you may both be the same age, but I suspect Britta
may be a few years the elder.)

Old June 10th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) penned:

On 2006-06-10, badwilson penned:

The hair on the top of my head has been grey since I was 26 or so.
The rest of my hair is still reddish blond. If I didn't dye it, it
would look ridiculous. I've been colouring it myself for almost 10
years. It's easy, I just pick a colour that's close to my natural
colour and it blends right in.

If I had grey or light blonde hair, I think I'd have way too much
fun dying it crazy colors (green, blue, pink ...)

Age may have something to do with that! (Of course, for all I know,
you may both be the same age, but I suspect Britta may be a few
years the elder.)

Well, yes, I think Britta is a bit older than me (just based on the
"since I was 26 or so") ... but really I was thinking, if I had grey
or light blonde hair while young.

Even now I think I would be reluctant to get those colors. Not
because I wouldn't enjoy them, but because they might negatively
impact my career opportunities. Now, if I were self-employed ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:

I have a tiny patch of hair on my chest, really pathetic, actually.
I often trim it and then give it a pass with the electric shaver. One
time I decided to try one of those "no pain" products they sell. OMG!!!
I gave myself a nasty burn that was very hard to explain at the beach a
few days later.

Ouch! I wouldn't have *wanted* to go to the beach with a burn on my
skin!

Joyce
Old June 10th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

OMG, what a nightmare. We went through all 5 razor blades that he had
and only got about half done. It was a ragged looking mess. Finally we
gave up and Dennis couldn't take his shirt off at the beach for weeks!
And the stubble and associated itchiness just drove him crazy!

And what about you?

Joyce

Old June 10th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

If I had grey or light blonde hair, I think I'd have way too much fun
dying it crazy colors (green, blue, pink ...)

Age may have something to do with that!

Not necessarily! I personally don't dye my hair crazy colors, but plenty
of women (and men, too) my age do.

OK, go ahead, make a geographical crack. I can take it.

Joyce
Old June 10th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing - Aftermath

OK, there's a *SEVERE GROSS WARNING* on this - I'm only posting it for those
who might want to try a bikini wax at home as a warning not to.

Be aware, this is fit only for nurses or those with strong stomachs (don't
worry, no naughty bits are showing, just bruising, but it's *GROSS*
bruising)

http://www.possibleplaces.com/ouch.jpg

I had *NO* idea that bikini waxing could cause injuries like this! And to
add insult to injury, no hairs were pulled out (I ended up just shaving!!).
Yeah, this is much better look in a swimsuit than a few stray hairs!!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 10th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing (from someone qualified to do it!)

CatNipped,
You are in the States, I am in UK, so no idea on cost. Most beauty parlours
will have someone who does waxing, try to get a recommendation from a
friend.
With waxing, all the hairs that are long enough to bother you will be gone
in the first session. How long it lasts depends on the rate of growth.
Usually you are told about 6 weeks, but be prepared to go a bit more often
at first. You may find that eventually the hair gets weaker and takes longer
to re grow

Hope this helps

sandra

Old June 10th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-10, CatNipped penned:
OK, there's a *SEVERE GROSS WARNING* on this - I'm only posting it
for those who might want to try a bikini wax at home as a warning
not to.

Be aware, this is fit only for nurses or those with strong stomachs
(don't worry, no naughty bits are showing, just bruising, but it's
*GROSS* bruising)

http://www.possibleplaces.com/ouch.jpg

I had *NO* idea that bikini waxing could cause injuries like this!
And to add insult to injury, no hairs were pulled out (I ended up
just shaving!!). Yeah, this is much better look in a swimsuit than
a few stray hairs!!!!

Phew. That wasn't as gross as I thought it might be (but then, I
insisted on getting photos of my amazing paintball bruises, so maybe
I'm a little weird).

I still think you might be interested in "board short" or "boy short"
bathing suits ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2006-06-10, CatNipped penned:
[...]

I've got a lycra "shorts" type suit and top, but it's not really a bathing
suit, it's more a work-out suit. Which is fine except the harsh chemicals
in our spa bleach it out so it looks reverse-tie-dyed! I haven't seen any
"shorts" type bathing suits, but I haven't looked in a lot of store either.

Gross warning and TMI again....

But I shave, not only for swim suits, but also to look trim in undies for
DH. As I said, if you have light-colored peach fuzz it's not too bad, but
when you have course, thick, black hair, it really looks disgusting coming
out of your undies.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 10th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 10 Jun 2006 06:16:51p, Monique Y. Mudama wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Phew. That wasn't as gross as I thought it might be (but then,
I insisted on getting photos of my amazing paintball bruises, so
maybe I'm a little weird).

LOL! My one and only paintball experience didn't yield photos. Though
I was amazed at the size of the bruises that small pellets can leave.
That day, one of my friends got shot just above the goggles on her
forehead. That had to sting (duh of course it did; we could tell by
the tears in her eyes!). Ouch.

--
Cheryl

WAH! [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 December 27th 05 05:56 PM
Need Job Purrs [OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 32 May 17th 05 01:49 PM
What colour candles? [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 May 11th 05 01:49 PM
[OT] Warning for bird owners (and parents of small children) Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 9 May 10th 05 06:17 PM
Beer Golf [OT] jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 May 4th 05 02:53 PM