"Cat People" - Are you stereo-typed by some peers.

Old April 27th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default "Cat People" - Are you stereo-typed by some peers.

I was watching a movie last night, one of the dialogs was how cat
people are basically introverted.
and, cat people are basically LONELY people.. (before they got their
cats)

I happen to know this is not true, that's silly. Most everybody here
is not introverted.
Lonely can be no respect of persons..

Old April 27th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 27, 9:47 am, Barry wrote:
I was watching a movie last night, one of the dialogs was how cat
people are basically introverted.
and, cat people are basically LONELY people.. (before they got their
cats)

I happen to know this is not true, that's silly. Most everybody here
is not introverted.
Lonely can be no respect of persons..

but still I wonder if there are any "cat ladies/men" here.

people who in their corner of the world are stereo-typed as a "cat
lady" and how does this effect you if at all.

are you peculiar in a conventional sense?

do you avoid your neighbors, do you avoid running into people at the
grocery store... was you peculiar before or after you got cats?

I think these are honest questions, it's just us talking you know

People frown at me.. especially when I got Jupiter Spayed.. they said
"What a waste of money" "Maaaan throw that cat out and buy you some
groceries, or a bag of dope" **** like that.

Old April 27th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 27 Apr, 17:21, Barry wrote:
On Apr 27, 9:47 am, Barry wrote:

[...]

if people are going to 'stereotype' me in any way and ridicule me for
having a cat and lavishing attention and the few pennies i have on her
comfort, then they can **** off.

cats, i have found, tend to provide far better company than most
humans I have come into contact with during my life, cats don't lie to
you, dont; break your stuff, don't; shaft you, don't let you down when
you need their support most and thus make you feel like utter crap,
they don't cancel nights out because some bloke has just rung up and
they think they have to drop everything and everyone for him, they
don't judge you and decide whether you are a worthy friend based on
your income or looks, and they ain't nasty backstabbing bitches
either, so all in all I much prefer cats over humans anyday.

people who try to make fun of you for loving the cat more than
anything else have something missing in their lives; a cat. if they
had the love and companionship of a good cat they would understand, so
i think they are just jealous really of what you have and THEY in fact
are the lonely ones.

anyway I have to take some choc and walnut brownies out of the oven in
a bit, new recipe just trying it out, will let you know how it goes,
just having a bit of a practise run for all the cake baking I have to
do for the regatta season (i don't row for glory or medals, i row for
cake).

bookie

ps in answer to the question about whether one was mad before getting
cats or just afterwards... i wasn't mad just unhappy and i knew that
something was missing from my life, now I am happy and I have someone
to cuddle and who leaves white hairs over everything.

Old April 27th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

Oooo please do post how the brownies turn out. Anyone who says chocolate
isn't a food group is lying I tell you, LYING! :-)

Old April 27th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 27 Apr, 18:15, "Lilah Morgan" wrote:
Oooo please do post how the brownies turn out. Anyone who says chocolate
isn't a food group is lying I tell you, LYING! :-)

I have to confess I burnt them, sorry, they seemed to have burnt on
the top on one side which is really annoying. the recipe said 40 min,
and so i left them in for 40 mins and they have burnt as a result

my world is crumbling around me now, i might have to make another
batch, which means going to the shops to buy more chocolate, and
caster sugar cos I have run out, depends how far down the burning goes

********

Old April 27th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 27, 1:01 pm, bookie wrote:

if people are going to 'stereotype' me in any way and ridicule me for
having a cat and lavishing attention and the few pennies i have on her
comfort, then im going to cut their tally wackers off!

Dang bookie!

Looks like you could make a few small allowances for ignorant people.
you know.. show them a higher form of living.

but.. to each his own.

Old April 27th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lilah Morgan

I never really trust recipes for cooking times(though it depends on what's
being cooked). I usually keep an eye on it and take it out when it's
done(the toothpick test). I often wonder about recipes anyways. Like for
liquids and especially oils, some always gets left in the measuring cup. So
you're not really using exactly what it tells you. I always leave vanilla
extract and most of the salt out of my baked goods, and there's no
difference to me. Adding salt makes them less sweet to me anyways. I find
recipes to be more 'guidelines' than actual cooking 'law'.

Old April 28th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 27 Apr, 20:52, Barry wrote:
On Apr 27, 1:01 pm, bookie wrote:

if people are going to 'stereotype' me in any way and ridicule me for
having a cat and lavishing attention and the few pennies i have on her
comfort, then im going to cut their tally wackers off!

Dang bookie!

Looks like you could make a few small allowances for ignorant people.
you know.. show them a higher form of living.

but.. to each his own.

no i hate ignorant people, there should be a law against stupid
people, they intellectual weaklings who let the whole species down adn
as such should be allowed to die out and certainly not allowed to
breed and promote their 'weak' genes. survival of the fittest ain't
just about physical characteristics you know.

also thick people just annoy me

Old April 28th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Apr 27, 7:10 pm, bookie wrote:

also thick people just annoy me

to each his own.. but I be damned if I'd let someone else's eating
habits and or lack of common sense or education annoy me.

of course there are plenty of people who can't lose weight due to
physiological reasons.
Or it's an emotional reason (which is probably the weakness you speak
of)

but but but.. some turn to a bottle, some turn to drugs, some become
co-dependant, some turn to food, some go to a shrink etc...

we are all similar in many ways, some vices are self destructive some
are mentally destructive, some tear down other peoples lives. Like if
we call someone up and bleed all over them.

and of course you have enough common sense to not voice your feelings
in this. as.. it could hurt someone's feelings.