Cat suddenly throwing up after environment change

Old March 6th 09, 03:41 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spider[_3_]

Default Cat suddenly throwing up after environment change

"jamina1" wrote in message
I had to let her go. The costs were quickly approaching the point at
which I could no longer afford to pay it - $800 for one night in the
vets office and $1200 more expected before we even knew what was
really going on. And more once the actual treatment began. And I work
all day and have no one else who could've kept an eye on her. I would
not have been able to provide the quality of care she required to be
in the best hands possible unless I left her with the vets and what
sort of mom does that make me?

Plus, the vet said she'd have to have a feeding tube in for 4-6 WEEKS,
which would've made her very unhappy and uncomfy. I didn't want her to
live the next few months constantly in and out of the vets office, for
it to even possibly not cure her. I didn't want to see her cut up and
unhappy. So I let her go...

Thank you for the advice and the encouragement, anyway.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheezyo...tags/sylvanas/

The most recent of these pictures was only taken a few weeks ago.
Compared to how she looked yesterday.. she had lost quite a bit of
weight very fast. I'm just sorry I couldn't do more for her -_-

So sorry to hear about poor Sylvanas. She was a beautiful cat. Well, she's
at peace now, and so should you be. Don't beat yourself up over what
happened; financial problems sometimes get in the way of what we'd really
like to do, and even insurance premiums can be out of reach. Remember the
good times you had with her and she will still make you smile.

With purrs,
Spider

Old March 6th 09, 04:48 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"jamina1" wrote in message
I had to let her go.

I am very sorry for your loss. You realize that if you had taken her in
right away, she might not have gotten this bad, right? Cats can get off
their feed for many reasons, including just getting into snits over couches,
and then can get into serious trouble fast. My vet told me this about my
cat, who was age 18 and just stopped eating. We never could get her to eat
again. She was just ready to go.

Again, people, take them in right away. Don't even pause to ask questions
here.

It could also be that she was very sick from the beginning and might have
died anyway.

In any case, I am very sorry for your loss.

Old March 7th 09, 12:23 AM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nobody

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 06:25:25 -0800 (PST), jamina1
wrote:

[...]

Please accept my condolences. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
I've been through this a couple of times myself and it's never easy.
It's very easy for others to judge, but you were the one going through
this. Please know that you did the very best you could, and out of
love, for your dear kitty.

Old March 7th 09, 12:46 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"jamina1" wrote

I had to let her go.

Sorry to hear that but from the description of the treatment she would have
had to undergo, I feel you did the right thing for her. Once you've had
time to adjust, take a look at the local SPCA offerings and perhaps you will
find a new love in an older kitty who needs a home.