My cat is on prednisone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 31st 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
clearbrite99

Default My cat is on prednisone

Hi All,

I have a 2 year old orange tiger stripe fixed and front declawed male. He
has some sorta blood issue where if he doesn't take the prednisone his white
blood cell count gets too high and he gets sick and could die. He was on 5mg
of prednisone but as of recently he has been moved up to 10mg. He is the
saddest case. He has super white skin is tired all the time and scratches
himself until he bleeds. I have to give him food enzymes so he can keep his
food down. I love him like crazy but the vet has no idea what is the real
reason why his body basically "attacks" itself. It breaks my heart to see
him all full of gashes and bleeding all the time. The vet did mention to
bring him to other places to see if they can run more tests on him but we
just don't have the money to do something like that. Its not like he doens't
have any life at all and thats why i would find it too soon to put him to
sleep. Has anybody had an issue like this? Any ideas on what it might be or
is he just a lost cause that i have to watch die slowly? HELP!!