Another step forward :-)

Old May 4th 06, 11:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Another step forward :-)

I've just been out to feed, Shadow, and for the first time ever, I've
touched him. I gave him a little stroke on the top of his head, he stiffened
but didn't run away, maybe soon he'll actually enjoy it. This is a cat that
last year would run away if he saw me looking at him out of the window. I
think I'll be talking to the vet next week about taking him in for
neutering.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 4th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
I've just been out to feed, Shadow, and for the first time ever, I've
touched him. I gave him a little stroke on the top of his head, he

stiffened
but didn't run away, maybe soon he'll actually enjoy it. This is a cat

that
last year would run away if he saw me looking at him out of the window. I
think I'll be talking to the vet next week about taking him in for
neutering.
--

Yay! Congratulations!

kili

Old May 4th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:05:35 +0100, "Adrian A"
yodeled:

I've just been out to feed, Shadow, and for the first time ever, I've
touched him. I gave him a little stroke on the top of his head, he stiffened
but didn't run away, maybe soon he'll actually enjoy it. This is a cat that
last year would run away if he saw me looking at him out of the window. I
think I'll be talking to the vet next week about taking him in for
neutering.

Wow! You have been so patient with this little boycat.
Purrs for the neutering to happen without a hitch. Of course,
afterwards, he might hate you again.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 4th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

cgts, another trusting relationship on the way.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 4th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:05:35 +0100, "Adrian A"
yodeled:

I've just been out to feed, Shadow, and for the first time ever, I've
touched him. I gave him a little stroke on the top of his head, he
stiffened but didn't run away, maybe soon he'll actually enjoy it.
This is a cat that last year would run away if he saw me looking at
him out of the window. I think I'll be talking to the vet next week
about taking him in for neutering.

Wow! You have been so patient with this little boycat.
Purrs for the neutering to happen without a hitch. Of course,
afterwards, he might hate you again.

That's what I'm worried about, he might disappear and not come back.

Old May 4th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 04 May 2006 10:29:06 -0400, Kreisleriana wrote:

On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:05:35 +0100, "Adrian A"
yodeled:

I've just been out to feed, Shadow, and for the first time ever, I've
touched him. I gave him a little stroke on the top of his head, he stiffened
but didn't run away, maybe soon he'll actually enjoy it. This is a cat that
last year would run away if he saw me looking at him out of the window. I
think I'll be talking to the vet next week about taking him in for
neutering.

Wow! You have been so patient with this little boycat.
Purrs for the neutering to happen without a hitch. Of course,
afterwards, he might hate you again.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Perhaps you could have someone else do the "dirty work" then you could
"save" him so he would love you. MLB

Old May 4th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:05:35 +0100, "Adrian A"
yodeled:

I've just been out to feed, Shadow, and for the first time ever, I've
touched him. I gave him a little stroke on the top of his head, he
stiffened but didn't run away, maybe soon he'll actually enjoy it.
This is a cat that last year would run away if he saw me looking at
him out of the window. I think I'll be talking to the vet next week
about taking him in for neutering.

Wow! You have been so patient with this little boycat.
Purrs for the neutering to happen without a hitch. Of course,
afterwards, he might hate you again.

That's what I'm worried about, he might disappear and not come back.

You have done really well with him, congratulations. I remember it well,
that first touch is so magical. Boyfriend was exactly the same, he would
run away if I looked at him or touched the handle of the back door.
I decided I would wait until he was fairly confident with me before I took
him to be neutered as I was afraid, like you are, that he would run away, or
that he would never trust me again if he had a bad experience with me too
early in our new relationship :-)
I figured that waiting a bit longer might be worthwhile, given that he had
been wandering about unneutered anyway. I'm glad I waited those extra few
weeks.
It gave me a chance to encourage him into the house by putting his food just
inside the open door. A couple of weeks after that he felt free enough to
lounge on my armchair, but only if I was on the computer with my back to
him. In another few weeks I could pick him up, although he didn't like it -
and still doesn't - he never made any attempt to scratch me, he just
wriggled.
Once I knew he liked me as much as *that* I made the appointment at the
vet's. He wowled all the way there. When I picked him up later I was
informed that he had been "a perfect gentleman." He screeched his head off
all the way back..
When I opened his carrier in the living room and he tottered out of it I
could see him visibly relax. "I'm HOME!"
It took him about 24 hours to forgive me, it was necessary for him to do a
bit of shunning to make his point.
The rest is history.
Boyfie is a wonderful cat and he seems to adore me. The feeling is mutual.
He will now get up on my lap if I am sitting very quietly, knead me a little
then settle down and start his tiny purr.
It was so worth waiting those extra weeks.

Tweed

Old May 4th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 4 May 2006 18:00:58 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Aww, Boyfie. He just melts your heart.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Dulce Mae's next step meee Cat anecdotes 0 November 7th 05 02:58 AM
Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
Don't step on a duck! Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 6 January 27th 05 10:21 PM
Don't Step on the Ducks! (OT Joke) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 19 January 27th 05 02:47 AM
Wilson takes a step forward JP Hobbs Cat anecdotes 14 April 28th 04 04:32 PM