Help! - Have a Bunch of Cats Living in an Old Car

Old August 21st 03, 08:39 PM
Buzz Lopper

Default Help! - Have a Bunch of Cats Living in an Old Car

I have an old car way back on the back of our yard/property. There are
at least 15-20 cats living in it. Some of them look to be fairly
healthy. I'd like to get rid of them. I assume I could just take them
all to the pound, but it would be a lot of trouble to somehow round
them all up. How can I catch them? A lot of these cats are pretty
skinny and kind of matted-looking.

Some will come up to you, but I scare them away because I'm not sure
if they have diseases (we don't have any cats ourselves). I've also
thought about getting a large dog to maybe run them off. My son and
his friends throw rocks at the car and a lot of them will run off for
a time, but will be back before nightfall. (My son is the one who
alerted me to the cat problem.)

Any ideas?
Buzz
Old August 21st 03, 11:11 PM
Katra

"m. L. Briggs" wrote:

On 21 Aug 2003 12:39:09 -0700, (Buzz Lopper) wrote:

I have an old car way back on the back of our yard/property. There are
at least 15-20 cats living in it. Some of them look to be fairly
healthy. I'd like to get rid of them. I assume I could just take them
all to the pound, but it would be a lot of trouble to somehow round
them all up. How can I catch them? A lot of these cats are pretty
skinny and kind of matted-looking.

Some will come up to you, but I scare them away because I'm not sure
if they have diseases (we don't have any cats ourselves). I've also
thought about getting a large dog to maybe run them off. My son and
his friends throw rocks at the car and a lot of them will run off for
a time, but will be back before nightfall. (My son is the one who
alerted me to the cat problem.)

Any ideas?
Buzz

WOW -- you are a really kind soul, aren't you.

Well, let's at least try to give him some helpful advice. ;-)
Check with your local pet store and see if there is a feral rescue
organization in your area. They should be able to help you do this RIGHT
instead of being cruel and heartless...

OTOH, this almost sounds like a troll post....

K.
--
^,,^ Cats-haven Hobby Farm ^,,^
^,,^

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra

Old August 22nd 03, 12:40 AM
AWriteny

sw3015@hotmail writes

I have an old car way back on the back of our yard/property. There are
at least 15-20 cats living in it....I could just take them
all to the pound...A lot of these cats are pretty
skinny and kind of matted-looking.

1) skinny matted looking cats aren't healthy
2) these all may be feral cats (cats who had little or no bonds w/people and
are unsuitable for adoption)
3) overcrowding shelters will NOT save these cats as there are many many cats
who are suitable just as they are.
4) take maybe 10 minutes on the computer and see if there are local animal/cat
rescue groups who can advise you on what to do or who can come and recolony the
cats away from your property
5) sounds like the children are not very educated and need to be taught respect
for animals and for other living things. Perhaps you're unaware that most, if
not all, serial killers start by being cruel/killing animals. You don't want
future serial killers on your hands, right?